IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee Is the Biggest Tiger Hater

franky21
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"Tiger struggles playing a draw"

Tiger nails perfect draw over and over all weekend.

Go home Brandel.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

As long as Brandel is fueled by everyone talking about hit, he gets what he wants. I prefer to simply ignore anything he says.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

"How can you be a guy who shoots six lower than everybody else last Friday and then a week later, before you tee off in a major championship, you're working on the most pedestrian of things in a golf swing?"

The same way you can be a peanut gallery knob who couldn't even hold the guy's jockstrap I guess?

Who is Brandel Chamblee? Never heard of it? Is this some sort of new wine?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Brandel is not a hater.

He misses the old Tiger.

He has praised and criticized the "new" Tiger.

It's exasperating at times, but I like it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

This qualifies to be in the comics thread.

Unbelievable....

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

This qualifies to be in the comics thread.

Unbelievable....

Not that unbelievable.

I think what Brandel is saying is that "I t's time to play golf, not golf swing."

Let's face it, Tiger has done Trackman, new swing, etc, for 3 years. Time to play.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Not that unbelievable.

I think what Brandel is saying is that "It's time to play golf, not golf swing."

Let's face it, Tiger has done Trackman, new swing, etc, for 3 years. Time to play.

3 years?

Its been a lot longer than that. I recently hurt my left shoulder a painful impingement ( MRI in a few weeks) it has forced me to swinging entirely different, much flatter, for the love of  the game I went to range and changed my swing entirely, 5 days in a row, 1 hour each day with my driver and my go pro camera. My swing plane is off by about 20 degrees, what was once a straight high ball flight with an occasional slight fade, is now a high ball flight straight with a draw, sometimes with a draw when I miss it. The point being enough of the BS swing change, it's been 3 + years and he still can't his driver, for gods sake times a wasting. Go play golf, cut out the swearing, grimacing, club throwing and slamming, be grateful you are not in Iraq and enjoy the game, smile, complement the winners, congratulate the losers- your act is getting old for such talent.

What's next we'll we hear that his almost 5 year old knee hasn't healed yet, this guy is beginning to remind me of Michael Jackson.

Brandel Chamblee has some points, not all gracious, but some dead on. keep in mind Brandel is their to quote on quote "sell newspapers", if you don't like it turn the volume down or tune out. Tiger is fully aware that critics goes with the territory. so should you.

5 wins this season definitely isn't playing golf, seeing as everyone on your has 5 wins or more, right? Oh sorry, they don't! If playing golf swings will get you 5 wins each season, by all means play the heck out of that golf swing. It's just ridiculous when people talk as though the guy is playing for his tour card. I'm sorry to say, but that grimacing, swearing, club throwing dude is still winning. That's just the reality. I wonder what the cry would be if hadn't won at all. What a load of ....

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

grimacing, swearing, club throwing dude is still winning. That's just the reality

Maybe in your reality, BTW one that I don't subscribe to and a vast majority of all players don't either, on of off camera. At the DBC he hit an errant tee shot, lined right up and around the tee area were lots of people, this was Friday and there were a lot of kids in ages of 4-8 years old along with parents. Everyone was still and quiet then Tiger let out clear as day a loud god damn it and sh*t as he slammed his iron into the tee, grimaced and walked off.

that's poor behavior, I don't care who he is or how many majors he won. But hey win at all costs is what counts right, who cares right?

3 years?

Its been a lot longer than that. I recently hurt my left shoulder a painful impingement ( MRI in a few weeks) it has forced me to swinging entirely different, much flatter, for the love of  the game I went to range and changed my swing entirely, 5 days in a row, 1 hour each day with my driver and my go pro camera. My swing plane is off by about 20 degrees, what was once a straight high ball flight with an occasional slight fade, is now a high ball flight straight with a draw, sometimes with a draw when I miss it. The point being enough of the BS swing change, it's been 3 + years and he still can't his driver, for gods sake times a wasting. Go play golf, cut out the swearing, grimacing, club throwing and slamming, be grateful you are not in Iraq and enjoy the game, smile, complement the winners, congratulate the losers- your act is getting old for such talent.

What's next we'll we hear that his almost 5 year old knee hasn't healed yet, this guy is beginning to remind me of Michael Jackson.

Brandel Chamblee has some points, not all gracious, but some dead on. keep in mind Brandel is their to quote on quote "sell newspapers", if you don't like it turn the volume down or tune out. Tiger is fully aware that critics goes with the territory. so should you.

NO - His problems began in late 2009, Haney quit him around the spring of 2010, he got Foley, and was injured soon afterwards...

grimacing, swearing, club throwing dude is still winning. That's just the reality

Maybe in your reality, BTW one that I don't subscribe to and a vast majority of all players don't either, on of off camera. At the DBC he hit an errant tee shot, lined right up and around the tee area were lots of people, this was Friday and there were a lot of kids in ages of 4-8 years old along with parents. Everyone was still and quiet then Tiger let out clear as day a loud god damn it and sh*t as he slammed his iron into the tee, grimaced and walked off.

that's poor behavior, I don't care who he is or how many majors he won. But hey win at all costs is what counts right, who cares right?

It's not as if Tiger is the only one... but then, Tiger is the ONE and is always surrounded by a crowd.

I saw Justin Leonard hit an errant drive at the Nelson, you could tell he was pissed, and then about 150 yards down the fairway without too many people around, he let out a few f bombs - one was quite loud. I laughed.

Not to excuse Tiger ... he knows kids are around. But he is sooo demanding of himself. What makes him great also makes him an ass.

As to Brandel, he can overdo it at times ... like fingernails across a chalkboard. He is doing his job ... causing controversy, a little outrageously at times, reasonable at others... but he has an opinion.

This conversation might be dead but....

Tiger Woods 79 > Brendel Chamblee 1

People say that all the time. It's a poor argument to downplay Brandel's credibility.

When a golfer is on the PGA Tour, a golfer is one of 125 or 150 best players in the world (more or less - other Tours also have some top talent). They do not have the physical or mental gifts to win like Tiger, but Brandel competed with the best. He has an opinion to which people should listen - but they don't have to agree, and frequently do not.

People say that all the time. It's a poor argument to downplay Brandel's credibility.

When a golfer is on the PGA Tour, a golfer is one of 125 or 150 best players in the world (more or less - other Tours also have some top talent). They do not have the physical or mental gifts to win like Tiger, but Brandel competed with the best. He has an opinion to which people should listen - but they don't have to agree, and frequently do not.

Pretty funny that Chamblee isn't good enough to have opinions. I guess that certainly precludes the rest of us from having an opinion.

• Administrator

Pretty funny that Chamblee isn't good enough to have opinions. I guess that certainly precludes the rest of us from having an opinion.

Yeah, that's the most obvious point to make (still glad you made it) in situations like this. If a PGA Tour winner can't have an opinion, then… the list of people who are allowed to opine is pretty damn small.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!