IGNORED

Do you make changes to your bag?

noefi13b
Note: This thread is 4797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have 15 clubs, i have a 5 wood that i put in when i know i will be on a course that requires me to use it. That happens about 3 times a year. So i just play with,

Driver, 3 wood

3-PW

GW,SW,LW

Putter

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just my putter, but I think I've finally found one to really stick with.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I forgot to mention the all Ben Hogan and Tour Edge I keep in reserve!

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

I have a bag full of old clubs I've kept just on the off chance I might need them one day, yet I haven't changed back to any of them yet. I think it's best to learn how to hit the 14 clubs in my bag rather than trying to rotate between 18-20

In the bag:
Driver:               Cobra ZL 10.5*                                  Fairway wood:   Titleist 906F4 15.5*
Hybrid:               Taylormade Rescue Mid 19*                Irons:               Mizuno MP60 4-PW
Wedges:             Titleist Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*                Putter:               Yes! Tracey II

I did that when I first got serious about playing, I would have 5 woods and 2i thru 60* wedge and put in the bag what I though would work for that day.  As time went on I have pretty much found I cannot hit a 60* wedge, don't need a 2 and 4 wood, so I have pretty set group of clubs.  The only changes I make are on very windy days, which we get a few in the midwest, I will swap out a 5 wood for a 2i.  I do have several putters and will change them from time to time, just to give them a rest!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by Fourputt

If I was worried about how much golf costs, I wouldn't be playing.  Since I shop before I buy and then I use what I buy for several years, trade in value would be minimal anyway.  I don't need to grab the latest and greatest every time someone changes the color of the clubhead.

I also use stuff so long its only worth like 2 bucks, and the few I have traded in, I wish I had kept. I am a bit conscious of the cost, so I don't get the latest and greatest either.  I can wait 2-3 years and pick it up for 15-20 cents on the dollar.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

You really need to pick a driver and a putter to stick with.  On certain courses I will take out my 3 iron and switch my wedged to have 4, but normally I stick with the same 14.  Imo you need to get used to a certain putter, driver, woods/hybrid, and set of irons.  Changing involves too many swing changes, you should be looking for consistency.

I've really never encountered any golf equipment that required a swing change.  I swing all wedges the same, all irons the same, all hybrids the same, all fwy woods the same, and all drivers the same.  Even putters, blade, to semi-blade, to full mallet, swing is pretty much the same.  There is certainly a familiarity with certain equipment that comes with time, but I don't "change" my swing when switching equipment.

Originally Posted by hero12

You really need to pick a driver and a putter to stick with.  On certain courses I will take out my 3 iron and switch my wedged to have 4, but normally I stick with the same 14.  Imo you need to get used to a certain putter, driver, woods/hybrid, and set of irons.  Changing involves too many swing changes, you should be looking for consistency.

I change slowly---went through a slow process of upgrading from my starter set to what I've got now and I'm happy with it.  The only change I've made was today, actually---I remembered my old 5W and wanted to see whether I could hit it.  So I stuck it in the bag today and carried that instead of the 60° wedge that I rarely use.  Didn't use it except on the range, though.  I hit it well, so I may keep it active for a while, although I don't really have the consistency at those ranges to really worry about the difference between the 3W and 5W.  If I thought I'd be playing a course with a 180-200 yard par 3 I'd probably use the 5W there, but that's not often relevant for me.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 4797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!