Sign in to follow this  
noefi13b

Do you make changes to your bag?

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

27 posts / 2322 viewsLast Reply

After playing golf seriously for about the last 3 years I find myself with about 20 clubs that could be included in my bag on any given day....

I have

Two regular drivers

3W

4W

5W

2H

3H

4H

4i-GW (set)

51 degree wedge

56 degree wedge

60 degree wedge

2 Putters

Obviously I can't carry that many so I tend to look at the course and how I'm swinging and choose either 13 or 14 clubs

Do you do the same or stick with the same 13-14 clubs?

As a side note I've been fitted for both drivers and all my irons and wedges.... I took my hybrids and woods in at the same time but they fitted me enough not to justify the expense of new shafts..

Cheers,

Dek

I got 15 clubs, can exchange the hybrid for a 3 iron if I want to.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I generally only change a wedge or two, depending on how wet or dry the ground is. I have a 56*14 wedge and a 56*10 wedge that I rotate depending on conditions.

I rotate L-wedges for conditions.

I used to carry 2 hybrids sometime, but I stopped doing that because I hit the one I could hit the furthest the most often, so I just went to one hybrid that split the difference between my 2 old hybrids, loft-wise, and had a more similar set-up/feel to my other woods.

I pretty much stick with the same 14.  Sometimes I will swap out the 60 degree wedge for a 17* hybrid or swap in and out various putters depending upon how Im feeling.  Like a lot of other players, when I start to struggle with my game I often end up blaming the clubs instead of doing what I should do and look at what in my swing is wrong.

I have two bags, one is persimmon and blades, the other titanium and cavity backs.  Both are almost always driver, 3w, irons 1-pw.  Usually carry the same utility wedge and putter in either bag, but occasinally will swap out putters, and less often utility wedge.  Lumber and blades are for most solos, Titanium and cavities for scrambles and such.

i change my bag very little.  Depending on the course and how I'm hitting it, I will swap between my full wedge set up (52,56,60) and a partial wedge set up (52 and 58).    But I rarely do this.

And every now and then, I will take out my 5 wood and 4 Hy, and put in by 3 Hy.  But that's pretty rare too.

I've got more than 2 bags full of spare clubs in the garage, but I don't use them.  I hang on to them in case I need to outfit an out of town visitor with a bag, occasionally loan spare wedges to friends to try out, etc., but I don't change out my own bag.  I'm comfortable with what I have and I have no plans to change anything for the entire season unless I damage something.

I have 7 bags of clubs that I rotate,

Monday-all Nickent

Tuesday-All Adams

Wednesday-all MacGregor

Thursday-All Splading

Friday-All Nicklaus

Saturday-All Mizuno

Sunday-All Wilson

When I swap out clubs I dont keep them.  It helps keep the cost of the clubs down when I buy new ones.  Now that I have a set that I like, I dont make changes as often.  I picked up my R11 when it came out.  I just sold my R9 3W for $165 and will be picking up the R11 3W when it comes out to replace it.  It will only cost me $65 now that I sold my R9 3W.  When my income tax check comes Ill replace my 19 and 22 '09 Rescue hybrids with a 19 and 22 '11 hybrids.  After that I wont be making any foreseen changes in the future unless something unexpected comes up.

If I was worried about how much golf costs, I wouldn't be playing.  Since I shop before I buy and then I use what I buy for several years, trade in value would be minimal anyway.  I don't need to grab the latest and greatest every time someone changes the color of the clubhead.

I tend to keep my equipment for a while (played 845s for almost 16 years) and like Fourputt find that there is little to no trade in value.  Instead, I keep them for a spare set in case someone I know needs some clubs to play while visiting.  I have some extra putters and a couple of 588 wedges along with my last driver and hybrid that round out the spare bag with the 845s.

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!