IGNORED

What type of golf do you play?

DaSportsGuy
Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What type of golf do you play?

• Casual
    • Competitive
    • Tournament

Casual, by the OP's definition. Competitive, though, in the sense that I'm not just out there to kick back and relax, I'm doing my best to play my best. I'm probably playing just the same as if there were some inexpensive wagers riding on my performance.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I play all three. Usually on the weekends I play with 3 other guys all around the same handicap and we play $5 sides. $5 best score on the front 9, $5 best score on the back 9 and $5 overall best score. So if u play like complete crap one day you are only out $15 bucks

Depends who I'm playing with.  I've got a friend who is about then same level of golfer I am, and we're always within a couple of strokes of one another.  Always nice to come out on top.

On the other hand, one of my good friends is a much better player so when we go out, I'm always trying to beat my last score.  I think I'm just naturally always competing against something, whether it's myself or a partner.

Never trust something that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die

Most of the time prefer casual golfing. There's nothing quite like smacking the ball around with your buddies making fun of their awful swings and shots; but also there is nothing quite like going absolutely crazy (in an excited way) when the worst golfer of the bunch hits a 250 yard drive right down the middle while everyone else is looking for their ball(s) in the pine needles.

On another note that I am a very competitive person so once those competitive juices get flowing, there is no stopping me. I'm a very serious person when I am being competitve and that's not usually who I am. I'm that person that your playing behind that hits an awful shot and starts cheering or sinks a gimme putt and goes bonkers. Unless of course something is on the line. Competitive golfing is fun sometimes, but only if you're having fun doing it.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Driver
TaylorMade R9 3 Wood
Callaway FT-IZ 3 Hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 3 irons- pitching wedge
Tommy Armour 56 degree Sand WedgeTitleist Bob Vokey 60 degree Lob WedgeRed Nike BagNike GloveNike/Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls

A little of both. On friday and saturday I have a group of guys 4-12 and we play $5-10 units usually with only one auto press. Sundays, I play.with the wife for fun. She has been taking lessons and established a handicap recently so now we have dinner and a backrub on the line when we play. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

I have enjoyed all the above.

Most of my golf these days is casual.

In the past, I had a couple of groups that liked a little money game.  I am not talking big money. quarter a hole, 50 cents for pars, dollar birdies but you must win the hole. Side bets of a dollar Nassau and dollar a side total score, dollar greenies.  For all that the most to change hands would be 5-6 bucks.  A different group would put in 5 bucks, make up teams and play 2 low for the pot. I don't really enjoy anything more painful than that.

I generally play in a couple or so corporate or chamber of commerce type scrambles every year and enjoy that as well.  I am gonna try to play in one or two medal play tournaments this year, time permitting.  I would enjoy an amateur tour and there are a couple available in my area, but it is a bit expensive and time consuming right now. Expensive from the standpoint of paying the fee and probably only having time to compete in a couple of events.

Basically for me, most any golf is enjoyable.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to play alot of Tournament golf through high school and golf became more of a chore than a game, after high school i didnt golf for a good 2 year's because i was over it.  Now i go out to play and relax, without all the pressure ive been playing better then ever.

I do like to play for lunch/dinner from time to time though.

Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!