IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I smoke on the course, everything slows down. I play some of the best golf when I'm stoned. My putting is impeccable and off the tee I can't remember hitting 1 shot OB while high. I love weed, it's too bad I don't/can't smoke any more.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

My putting is impeccable and off the tee I can't remember hitting 1 shot OB while high..

Doesn't mean that it didn't happen....   I barely remember the early 70's, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Doesn't mean that it didn't happen....   I barely remember the early 70's, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen

LOL, from what I remember the 70's were a lot of fun. The sad thing was that in the 70's we JOKINGLY said, "party til you puke" and in the 80's it seemed they took it serious.

No wonder you old guys are so paranoid. You're a bunch of ex-stoners ("ex" is assumed - there's no evidence you've stopped).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Who's paranoid? I always hang out in the darkest cornor of my closet, put tin foil in all of my windows and watch out for the little grays. And I just got a message from the "celestrials" that the mother ship will arrive in Roswell NM on 12/21/2012. I wonder if they have golf?

Joined a duo as a solo last week, and one of the guys in the duo group (who happened to be an ex Division 1 b-ball player) pulled out a blunt on the course and asked me if I wanted one.   I passed.  He was pretty stoned, but he played very well (and was cracking jokes and funny as hell)

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Somehow, we've doged the essential topic of this thread: Marijuana and golf.

Marijuana affects every individual differently. Personally, marijuana helps me. It slows my pace down, it lets me concentrate hard on reading the greens, and all in all, it's just relaxing. WHen you're blazed and just playing golf on a beautiful course, soaking in the view, and having fun, it's hard to get angry...

Ok, this thread is making me paranoid (and no, I'm not stoned).  Played yesterday and two dudes in my group (pick-up) were smoking a bowl.  Ever since I read this thread everyone is blazing up on the course lol.

Kinda amusing that mary jane is illegal, cuz now I'm beginning to think all golfers smoke weed lol.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Originally Posted by huskylawyer

Ok, this thread is making me paranoid (and no, I'm not stoned).  Played yesterday and two dudes in my group (pick-up) were smoking a bowl.  Ever since I read this thread everyone is blazing up on the course lol.

Kinda amusing that mary jane is illegal, cuz now I'm beginning to think all golfers smoke weed lol.

I'm wondering if this is a west coast phenomenon.

They say when you are high everything becomes gets bigger and you can see the exact path that you ball is going to take into the hole...like it did for the Transformer boy that starred in the Greatest Game Evey Played.

That's why Tiger used to be so good...his supplier was a close friend of his ex-wife and now he can't get the good shit anymore.  He needs to spend more time in Colorado...it will heal all wounds.

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

Originally Posted by Eloh

They say when you are high everything becomes gets bigger and you can see the exact path that you ball is going to take into the hole...like it did for the Transformer boy that starred in the Greatest Game Evey Played.

That's why Tiger used to be so good...his supplier was a close friend of his ex-wife and now he can't get the good shit anymore.  He needs to spend more time in Colorado...it will heal all wounds.

I always wondered what kind of tour quality herb was out there, now we know.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I’ll see if I can come out of hibernation and restate more succinctly my case here as most of you “users” seem to have missed the message.  So here it is as simple as I can state it.

If you purchase marijuana it is highly likely that the money goes to a Drug Cartel.  These Cartels kill people like competing Cartel’s employees, Mayors, Police, other government officials and citizens that try to enforce the drug laws.  So in my opinion you have blood on your hands as you support these people with your purchases.

Marijuana maybe isn’t a very damaging drug (I don’t know) and it could be that alcohol can do more physical damage to the body/mind if abused.  There is not moral equality between alcohol and marijuana  however as Coors Brewing and Jim Beam Distillery don’t send armed thugs out to kill their competition and government officials that enforce the alcohol laws.  So trying to say alcohol causes as much damage to society as marijuana is simply wrong.

So there it is.  It is my considered opinion on marijuana use and my last post on this thread.  You are free of course to disagree but you are not free to threaten me with harm.  There are laws about that too and one of you might start giving those laws some thought.

That's pretty ridiculous.  I know where my weed comes from.  It comes from a guy named Kevin who lives in rural Northern California.  He has a pottery studio in town where he makes some pretty bad pottery that he doesn't sell very much of.  He has no cartel affiliations whatsoever.  As far as I know, he has never killed anybody.  In the 5 years I have been friends with him, I have never even heard him raise his voice.  He is not very competitive.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

That's pretty ridiculous.  I know where my weed comes from.  It comes from a guy named Kevin who lives in rural Northern California.  He has a pottery studio in town where he makes some pretty bad pottery that he doesn't sell very much of.  He has no cartel affiliations whatsoever.  As far as I know, he has never killed anybody.  In the 5 years I have been friends with him, I have never even heard him raise his voice.  He is not very competitive.

You do realize don't you, that you are in a very tiny minority.  99.99% of drug users get their supply from criminal sources.  Technically, if you don't get yours by prescription, yours is still illegal too.  Under federal law, all marijuana is still illegal.  If the feds wanted to strongarm the states, even the medical dispensaries could be shut down.  Fortunately they have more important things to do with their time.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You do realize don't you, that you are in a very tiny minority.  99.99% of drug users get their supply from criminal sources.  Technically, if you don't get yours by prescription, yours is still illegal too.  Under federal law, all marijuana is still illegal.  If the feds wanted to strongarm the states, even the medical dispensaries could be shut down.  Fortunately they have more important things to do with their time.

99.99%, say what?   you're just talking out of your a$$ now aren't you?  there's an internet word for people like you, "Troll".  i doubt you believe your inane crap anyway, you're just doing it to get the responses from everyone.  very mature of you.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I don't think the percent is as small as you think.  First off - let's clear up the difference between "criminal" and "cartel".  Most mj production is criminal just because MJ is illegal.  Cartel refers to organized gangs of violent people who commit all sorts of crimes.

99.9% of pot in the US is criminal but way less is related to violent cartels.  I happen to live in Humboldt County (I am not a grower) and I know dozens and dozens of folks who are criminal weed growers.  They, like Kevin, are not violent thugs.  They send hundreds of pounds of pot to places all over the country.  You wouldn't believe how many people there are in cities all over that make regular trips out here.  If you've never purchased or used weed, it's easy to imagine it being sold on dark street corners and alleyways by criminal types.  I'm not saying this doesn't happen but this is not how the vast, vast, majority of pot users get thier weed.  Most people get it from somebody they know who gets it from somebody they know who got it from somebody like Kevin.

If they would just make it legal then all the money would go away and all the cartels with it.  You don't see cartels growing tomatoes or making beer, do you?

I take a toke, and all my cares, go up in smoke

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

if it wasn't illegal, then thugs wouldn't have to transport it around right?

what happend during prohibition? thugs moved around alcohol...

have fun on the golf course! score low right?

Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!