IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BostonSully

I come out of hibernation to reply to this highly vindicative and condescending post. In MASS it is not criminal nor can you be arrrested for this if it is an amount less than that considered to be for sale. IE less than or equal to 1oz which is a lot. The most you can be ticketed is 100$ and use in public is not ticketable on the first request to stop use.

Just because you live in the dark ages of acceptance, and deny the fact that alcohol is 10000% worse for society does not mean more progressive areas do not.

Actually it is illegal in EVERY STATE!  It is a banned substance under Federal regulations, therefore illegal in all states.  Just saying...

Originally Posted by punkherper

OMFG man I had to stop this right here get a life!!!! get that golf club outta ur buddies ass u punk....dude you so close minded if I ever see you i shoot you in the head I bet you open up!!!! marijuana is a drug but a very VERY weak drug compared you your pills and alcohol you consume!?!?!?! GET A LIFE DUUUDE I swear its people like you I dont mind running up to a knocking straight out and trying to stomp some sense into your dense ass skull....Karma will come you wanna seriously compare smoking "weed" to people who smoke meth? I smoke plenty off weed and have for years and never once even thought about trying that garbage!!!!and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD stupid get your head outta your daughters snatch and grow up!!!! im out all I wanted to do is make you feel like a piece of shit I hope I accomplished that people like you are TRASH to society and give NORMAL people HARD WORKING people like us who like to get a little loose after a hard day at work c'mon by the way I had sex with your wife!(while we were smoking pot)

I think I need to be more worried about our educational system...someone passed this person in 1st grade grammar and spelling!

Originally Posted by BostonSully

I come out of hibernation to reply to this highly vindicative and condescending post. In MASS it is not criminal nor can you be arrrested for this if it is an amount less than that considered to be for sale. IE less than or equal to 1oz which is a lot. The most you can be ticketed is 100$ and use in public is not ticketable on the first request to stop use.

Just because you live in the dark ages of acceptance, and deny the fact that alcohol is 10000% worse for society does not mean more progressive areas do not.

Leave it to a stoner to totally miss the point. If you guys would stop sitting on the couch all day toking and eating doritos, maybe you could work for something you seem to believe in.

Fortunately, in my lifetime, I will not have to worry about pot being legalized, since those that back it's legalization lack any form of energy to work for their cause.

Alcohol may ruin an addicts life, just like a pot addict is a waste of life, but burning brain cells is not the best way to get any smarter. Keep smoking - if it makes you think that you are smarter, that's all that should matter.

I suppose next thing the stoners will try to tell us is that it is safe to smoke weed and drive (just make sure you do so at high speeds where you are the only one on the road)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote: Originally Posted by BostonSully [url=http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/44351/marijuana-use-and-the-golf-game/126#post_584264]link[/url]I come out of hibernation to reply to this highly vindicative and condescending post. In MASS it is not criminal nor can you be arrrested for this if it is an amount less than that considered to be for sale. IE less than or equal to 1oz which is a lot. The most you can be ticketed is 100$ and use in public is not ticketable on the first request to stop use. Just because you live in the dark ages of acceptance, and deny the fact that alcohol is 10000% worse for society does not mean more progressive areas do not. Leave it to a stoner to totally miss the point. If you guys would stop sitting on the couch all day toking and eating doritos, maybe you could work for something you seem to believe in.   Fortunately, in my lifetime, I will not have to worry about pot being legalized, since those that back it's legalization lack any form of energy to work for their cause.   Alcohol may ruin an addicts life, just like a pot addict is a waste of life, but burning brain cells is not the best way to get any smarter. Keep smoking - if it makes you think that you are smarter, that's all that should matter.   I suppose next thing the stoners will try to tell us is that it is safe to smoke weed and drive (just make sure you do so at high speeds where you are the only one on the road)

Yeah, if your 95 it won't happen in your lifetime. But, when the republicans wake up, and believe me they will. It will be legalized. In fact I would even be willing to wager you on it.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Leave it to a stoner to totally miss the point. If you guys would stop sitting on the couch all day toking and eating doritos, maybe you could work for something you seem to believe in.

Fortunately, in my lifetime, I will not have to worry about pot being legalized, since those that back it's legalization lack any form of energy to work for their cause.

Alcohol may ruin an addicts life, just like a pot addict is a waste of life, but burning brain cells is not the best way to get any smarter. Keep smoking - if it makes you think that you are smarter, that's all that should matter.

I suppose next thing the stoners will try to tell us is that it is safe to smoke weed and drive (just make sure you do so at high speeds where you are the only one on the road)

Either you're ignorant or stupid. I'd like to think the prior, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Look to your left and to your right, good chance those people you work with are exactly what you fear and don't know the 1st thing about.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post

Either you're ignorant or stupid. I'd like to think the prior, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Look to your left and to your right, good chance those people you work with are exactly what you fear and don't know the 1st thing about.

Actually once again a stoner is wrong. I dont work with your kind. As is with most professional companies, we are subject to random drug testing. In addition to random testing, you are tested immediately after any kind of minor car accident.

Stoners are good for this world - they make the rest of us look smart.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

Quote:

Originally Posted by meenman

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonSully linkI come out of hibernation to reply to this highly vindicative and condescending post. In MASS it is not criminal nor can you be arrrested for this if it is an amount less than that considered to be for sale. IE less than or equal to 1oz which is a lot. The most you can be ticketed is 100$ and use in public is not ticketable on the first request to stop use.

Yeah, if your 95 it won't happen in your lifetime. But, when the republicans wake up, and believe me they will. It will be legalized. In fact I would even be willing to wager you on it.

I think you got to vote libertarian for pot to go legal.  They'll let you shoot people robbing your home too.  The best of the conservatives and liberals haha!

I’ll see if I can come out of hibernation and restate more succinctly my case here as most of you “users” seem to have missed the message.  So here it is as simple as I can state it.

1. If you purchase marijuana it is highly likely that the money goes to a Drug Cartel.  These Cartels kill people like competing Cartel’s employees, Mayors, Police, other government officials and citizens that try to enforce the drug laws.  So in my opinion you have blood on your hands as you support these people with your purchases.
  2. Marijuana maybe isn’t a very damaging drug (I don’t know) and it could be that alcohol can do more physical damage to the body/mind if abused.  There is not moral equality between alcohol and marijuana  however as Coors Brewing and Jim Beam Distillery don’t send armed thugs out to kill their competition and government officials that enforce the alcohol laws.  So trying to say alcohol causes as much damage to society as marijuana is simply wrong.

So there it is.  It is my considered opinion on marijuana use and my last post on this thread.  You are free of course to disagree but you are not free to threaten me with harm.  There are laws about that too and one of you might start giving those laws some thought.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I’ll see if I can come out of hibernation and restate more succinctly my case here as most of you “users” seem to have missed the message.  So here it is as simple as I can state it.

If you purchase marijuana it is highly likely that the money goes to a Drug Cartel.  These Cartels kill people like competing Cartel’s employees, Mayors, Police, other government officials and citizens that try to enforce the drug laws.  So in my opinion you have blood on your hands as you support these people with your purchases.

Marijuana maybe isn’t a very damaging drug (I don’t know) and it could be that alcohol can do more physical damage to the body/mind if abused.  There is not moral equality between alcohol and marijuana  however as Coors Brewing and Jim Beam Distillery don’t send armed thugs out to kill their competition and government officials that enforce the alcohol laws.  So trying to say alcohol causes as much damage to society as marijuana is simply wrong.

So there it is.  It is my considered opinion on marijuana use and my last post on this thread.  You are free of course to disagree but you are not free to threaten me with harm.  There are laws about that too and one of you might start giving those laws some thought.

Have you seen what's going on in the Middle East? Everytime you put gas in your car you have blood on your hands.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Have you seen what's going on in the Middle East? Everytime you put gas in your car you have blood on your hands.

Dude... every time you post you provide more support for your opponents.  You need to do as I have and withdraw from the debate.  Your comment is just silly.  There is absolutely no relationship between ensuring the availability of energy resources needed for the survival of civilization, and supporting drug cartels by smoking pot.  Any attempt at such a comparison is ludicrous.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I love how anyone that opposes their views is "stupid", "closed minded", or lack intellect because they cannot agree with their views. It seems they spout the same garbage they accuse and condemn others for.

I am all for its legalization…hell like tobacco and alcohol, tax the crap out of it. Remember tobacco is a natural substance and for many years tobacco was considered safe and even medicinal.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

If you purchase marijuana it is highly likely that the money goes to a Drug Cartel.  These Cartels kill people like competing Cartel’s employees, Mayors, Police, other government officials and citizens that try to enforce the drug laws.  So in my opinion you have blood on your hands as you support these people with your purchases.

Marijuana maybe isn’t a very damaging drug (I don’t know) and it could be that alcohol can do more physical damage to the body/mind if abused.  There is not moral equality between alcohol and marijuana  however as Coors Brewing and Jim Beam Distillery don’t send armed thugs out to kill their competition and government officials that enforce the alcohol laws.  So trying to say alcohol causes as much damage to society as marijuana is simply wrong.

Did you read my earlier reply to this point?  You don't know anything about pot distribution.  Pretty much no one who can afford golf clubs and greens fees smokes pot from the Mexican (or other foreign) cartels.  They import crap that no one who can afford golf would ever smoke.  I smoke pot grown legally in California.  The Federal government looks the other way, and it's LEGAL under state law.  There was no cartel involved in its production or distribution.  No one was shot.  No one was hurt.  The transaction happened pretty much exactly like the production and distribution of tobacco.  No police, no mayor, no journalist, nobody was harmed in that process.  Understand the facts before stating an opinion.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by mdl

Did you read my earlier reply to this point?  You don't know anything about pot distribution.  Pretty much no one who can afford golf clubs and greens fees smokes pot from the Mexican (or other foreign) cartels.  They import crap that no one who can afford golf would ever smoke.  I smoke pot grown legally in California.  The Federal government looks the other way, and it's LEGAL under state law.  There was no cartel involved in its production or distribution.  No one was shot.  No one was hurt.  The transaction happened pretty much exactly like the production and distribution of tobacco.  No police, no mayor, no journalist, nobody was harmed in that process.  Understand the facts before stating an opinion.

If you are buying marijuana grown under a medical license, and you don't have doctor's prescription, then you are breaking the law.   You can rationalize it any way you like but those are the facts.  We have legal medical marijuana here in Colorado too, yet people make the news regularly for illegal possession or cultivation.  At least a couple of dispensaries have been shut down for selling to people without a prescription.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Well I went from page one to this page to see how this topic evolved, can't say I was surprised that it turned into a legal battle.

As for me, my friend and I used to burn all the time on the course. For whatever reason, I actually tended to play a bit better high than sober. I attributed it to the fact that I felt more zeroed in on one single thing (golf) and didn't get distracted. I quit smoking a few years ago and I play fine now so I'm happy. I'm not bothered by people that smoke on the course, I don't agree with it being illegal so if someone in the group wants to toke I'm not going to tell them no.

I don't really miss it while playing golf, but I sure as hell miss it when I'm listening to Pink Floyd.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Originally Posted by mdl

I enjoy how you consider yourself an expert on all things about the drug trade.

Again, Let me preface this by saying I’m all for its legalization.

I know you think that your little patch of California, is the WHOLE WORLD...but there are alot of other places and things are not like your little corner of the West.

IF you are smoking the “homegrown” then you have either a medical condition…or you have obtained the weed illegally, under California law; whether under falsified prescriptions or ailments, or you are buying it from an illegal source. Marijuana grown by licensed growers makes a small portion of the market and can only be sold under a license and only to a legal distributor.

A large portion of “homegrown” to not quite legal users, is actually grown by Mexican Cartel grow farms located within our borders.

There is just as much propaganda coming from the either side of this issue. The major issue with getting it legalized is that the “high” side spends all their money on Doritos instead of lobbyist!

You need to take your own advice and open up your mind and understand that while you may think it’s the greatest thing ever, it still causes a lot of issues within the United States.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Fourputt

If you are buying marijuana grown under a medical license, and you don't have doctor's prescription, then you are breaking the law.   You can rationalize it any way you like but those are the facts.  We have legal medical marijuana here in Colorado too, yet people make the news regularly for illegal possession or cultivation.  At least a couple of dispensaries have been shut down for selling to people without a prescription.

those legal medical marjiuana distributors could be abused easily. Im not sure if there are certain guidlines on how much you can buy in a week or whatever but whoever wants pot from these shops just needs a friend with a marijuana license to buy it for them.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

Again, Let me preface this by saying I’m all for its legalization.

I know I said I had made my last post but I'd like to add I too am in favor of legalization of Marijuana.  Not because I think it a good thing but I believe we have lost the war on drugs,  e.g. we are not going to stop marijuana from coming into the US.   I believe legalization of this Marijuana would eliminate most, if not all, of the collateral damages done as a result of the drug being illegal.  Now I think I'm done.

Butch

Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!