IGNORED

Never had an ACE--Who is with me?

Aquaguru
Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing since I was about 3 and no ace yet.  When I was five I had one sit on the lip at St Criox National with all my dad's buddies and I won the skins for the hole.  That was my closest call other than that I have been a foot or 2 away a few times.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my first 3 or 4 years of playing, I chipped in and holed out with full shots enough times that I thought a hole-in-one was just around the corner. Many years later I realize my holeouts were pure luck and I can't remember the last time I cried myself to sleep over it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Been playing at a pretty good level (single digit or just above it, scores in the 30's & 70's) since the late 80's. No Ace yet. Had one on the lip on a short par 3 with a wedge, and won $1,500 at a closest to the pin contest with a 7 iron at 13 1/4".

Freaking golf.....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Been playing nearly 10 years and haven't had one.  When I first started, I was playing a par 3 course and nearly had one (the ball rolled and hit the flag stick but it was going too quick and didn't go in).  When I was playing a practice round in high school we were on a par 4 where I hit a horrible drive and then my second shot I advanced it to the point where I was 150 out.  I holed out from there for birdie.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I've never had an ace in 18 years of playing golf.  I have holed out for a two on a par four twice and made a double eagle from 220 yds on a par five with a five wood but never a 1...To be honest I've never even come close really.  I've had shots that looked like they had a chance only to get to the green and find my pitch mark to be a couple of feet long or short.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Coming up on 1 year of serious golf (and 1 year total of playing golf lol started playing last may been serious since i started)... Closest I've had is 3 -4 feet..

No ace.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

No ace. Played for 5 years, only 1 year seriously though. No close calls, either. I think I sent one past the hole a few feet right of the flagstick, but that's as close as I've gotten.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

40 years off and on and no aces.  But I've had 3 eagles - holed out from the fairway on a par 4, made a putt from the fringe on a short par 4, and pitched in from 100 yards on my third shot on a par 5.   The hole was blind on that one and I spend a couple of minutes looking all over before I thought to look in the hole.  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

32 years without an ace. About 20 of those, I've played at 15-9 handicap.  Holed out from 75ish yards for a 2 on a par four. Had about 10-15 eagles on par fives, but only a handful of close calls for an ace.

BTW, my dad played since he was a kid, and I'm happy to say, he got his first one a couple years ago after 50 years!!

*raiseshand* No ace in 3 years.

2 times missed by about 2 inches, though...

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

3 years and no ace. I've been inside 10 feet plenty of times, and my two closest scares were 10" and about 20" the 10" was a PW and the 20" was a 6 iron. The 6 iron to this day is probably one of my best shots I've ever hit. Absolutely pure with a nice high draw, the pitch mark was 3" from the cup.

Been playing at a relatively high level (carding 30's and 70's regularly) since about 1986.  Still no ace, but I don't play a ton.  I did leave one on the lip on a short par 3 once (PW) and won $1,500 at a closest to the pin $1 a ball contest at 13 1/4".

I had a job when I was younger following the PGA Tour from event to event and have attended roughly 75 - saw several out there and my Grandfather had one on Fathers Day years ago with a foursome of family members walking off the green ahead of him AND a foursome of family members walking up to the tee box having caught up to his foursome. That was awesome... all 12 of us watching on Fathers Day when he aced at the AAA Club in St. Louis.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

played seriously for about 10 years, more tap in's than I can remember, hit the flag stick 3 times, twice on the same 215 yarder.  Some people have no luck when it comes to these things, I appear to be one of them!

Wow! you guys stink. Kim Jong-il is the best golfer in the world, hands down. On his first ever trip to the golf course, he shot 38-under par, including 5 hole-in-ones!

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Been playing for 38 years. Even went to school and became a PGA professional. None yet, but made more eagles from the fairway then I can count. Even left it within inches on my second on a par 5. I am fine with it. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Made my first ace after about 15 years.  I played for 4 or 5 years starting in 1974, then mostly quit for 5 years, then started playing a lot in 1985.  Made the first ace in 1989.  Second one in 1990.  None in the 21 years since.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

In just under two years: no aces, no eagles, and just a handful of birdies.  I don't have high expectations for a hole-in-one, though there is a par-3 course with a 92 yard hole nearby...

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!