IGNORED

Never had an ACE--Who is with me?

Aquaguru
Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish I could just stay at one par 3 and keep shooting until I get a hole in one.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

hole in one!! not me, but one of our guys in the group I play with weekly. he did it today at the 4th hole par 3 at mile square golf course. I didnt see it cause I was the group behind, but hearing the cheers was cool. of course, he took all of us out to dinner tonight. about 15 of us. imagine the bill for this hole in one. fun times

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

My total golfing experience would probably be 4yrs. I played 2yrs back in 95-96, then gave it up and started in 2009. Never had a hole in one, and like many others never even close. Think the closest Ive been on a par 3 is 12-15 feet from the cup.

Someone else had a similar story to this one though. Back in 95 I was on a long par 3, about 180 (well long to me) with a large pond right in front of the tee box. First ball I topped right into the water. Teed up again, next ball came within 6" of going in for par.

In the bag:

Driver: :tmade: '07 Burner Draw 10.5 
3/4 Hybrid: :adams: Idea a205
Irons: :tmade: Burner Plus  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played for 7 years or so when younger. Was an 8 handicapper.  I'm back into the sport now after 25 years.

In my younger days I holed out a few from 150 yds and in but never an ace though I have hit the flag a couple times.

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

So I was watching the GC and playing lessons from the pros with Bubba.  Towards the end he was talking with Johnny Damon about how he has never had an ACE in his whole life, but his caddi and wife both have.

So I was thinking I would start this for everone to share how long they have been playing and still do not have an ACE

If you have had a hole in one how long did it take you?

Me 15 years and no ACE.....yet

p.s I looked to see if there was another thread like this and never found one.

I've played this game 21 years, never had an ace before.  I had a double eagle two years ago on a 540yd par 5, so I think that's better.

Originally Posted by cougar978

I've played this game 21 years, never had an ace before.  I had a double eagle two years ago on a 540yd par 5, so I think that's better.

to me I think a hole in one is better just cause people will always ask a golfer, "have you ever had a hole in one?" I have been asked that countless times since I started playing golf, but, I have never been asked if I have ever had a double eagle. funny thing is I have been asked numerous times if I have had an eagle.

I've also never had a hole in one.

During a tournament several years back I landed a ball in the cup on a 185-yard par 3.  The ball took a chunk out of the lip and hopped out 2 inches left of the cup.  While it was incredibly exciting, I couldn't help but be disappointed.  On the plus side, the near-ace helped me and my team forget about an otherwise mediocre 83.

• Upvote 1

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by caniac6

I had one playing by myself, so I couldn't claim it. I don't know what is worse!

That's worse. I put one on the lip during a solo round last fall. While it was still in the air I was yelling at it to get in the bunker.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've played for 38 years now or so, have never had one.  I got to about 6" on a fairly short par 3 once.  Have hit the stick several times from varying 'typical' par 3 distances.  It's a combination of luck and skill.  The more skill you have, the more chances you'll get.  But ultimately, it's luck that gives you the bounce that gets your ball into the hole.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

no ace for me yet. I have been golfing for about three years. I had quite a few close calls last year, also had 2 hit the flag stick.

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

• 2 weeks later...

25 years on and off without an ace. Close a few times.  I have holed out from the fairway (150 yards or so) a few times......but no ace's YET!

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Started playing at age 17 and it took me until I reached the age of 41 before I finally got mine---138 yard 9 iron. That was 12 years ago, and the closest I have gotten since then is 2 feet.

Strictly blind, dumb luck for my ace.

Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!