IGNORED

Letting other people hit your clubs...

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 4092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

having someone pay for a club just cause of cosmetic damage, that is a little extreme. now it was damaged and actually affected a shot, then yes, buy me a new freakin club. lol

This.  Also if I do make an idiot mark on someone else's driver, I would offer to to buy it for the price they pay but I am taking the club with me.  ie if I dinged someone's brand new R11, I pay for it but I am keeping the club.

-In the bag -
Your lost range balls

Originally Posted by Pat007

i have a good excuse, I need my clubs for work, teaching and making money playing. Sorry, you can never ever hit any of my clubs. I won't ask you, so don't even think of asking me. It's that simple. Would you ask a race-car driver to try his car? No. Would you borrow a surgeon's tools? No. Enough said.

Haha, equating a million dollar race car to a $300 dollar club is ridiculous!  If you are relying on your golf clubs to make you money, you undoubtedly have back ups.  You don't need all of your clubs to teach.  And where are you making any money playing with a 2.2 hc?

And for what it's worth, I did ask to drive Paul Menards stock car.  And I got to drive it.  Not around a track, but in the outside yard at a Menards.  I'm sure it was like the 10th back up car, but it was a stock car nonetheless.

having someone pay for a club just cause of cosmetic damage, that is a little extreme. now it was damaged and actually affected a shot, then yes, buy me a new freakin club. lol

I disagree.  I liken it to driving your new car.  If my buddy wants to drive my new car and scrapes the side up against a parked car because he is a bad driver, then he is for sure paying to fix the damages.  Since you can't really fix cosmetic damages to a club, he would be purchasing me a club.

• Upvote 1

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

I disagree.  I liken it to driving your new car.  If my buddy wants to drive my new car and scrapes the side up against a parked car because he is a bad driver, then he is for sure paying to fix the damages.  Since you can't really fix cosmetic damages to a club, he would be purchasing me a club.

hahahahahahaha!! well, duh!!!!!! a car is a completely different story. of course if my friend damaged my car I would make him pay for it. it's my car! I would care about some scratches on my car. but on a golf club, if it just some paint, who cares. not trying to be mean. just thought this is funny. thanks for making my day.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by PockyStick

This.  Also if I do make an idiot mark on someone else's driver, I would offer to to buy it for the price they pay but I am taking the club with me.  ie if I dinged someone's brand new R11, I pay for it but I am keeping the club.

if the club face is damaged, I believe you can send it in to tm and they will send you a new one. at least this is what a buddy of mine did a coupld years ago. cracked his R5 face and went to roger dunn, tm gave him a R7 since they didn't make the r5 anymore.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

How is that extreme?  If you let someone borrow your car and they got into an accident you would expect them to pay for the damage.  A golf club is no different and its not as if you can just pop the dent out of a driver.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If you aren't willing to pay for the club if you damage it you probably shouldn't ask to hit it, and if you expect to get paid if it is damaged you shouldn't let somebody else hit it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

How is that extreme?  If you let someone borrow your car and they got into an accident you would expect them to pay for the damage.  A golf club is no different and its not as if you can just pop the dent out of a driver.

That's exactly why a golf club IS different. You wouldn't have someone buy you a new car. They'd pay for repairs. How bad are you guys that you'd miss the club face on a modern driver? It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground. Maybe try a couple practice swings first?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

That's exactly why a golf club IS different. You wouldn't have someone buy you a new car. They'd pay for repairs. How bad are you guys that you'd miss the club face on a modern driver? It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground. Maybe try a couple practice swings first?!?

thanks, sean. a golf club is about 20,000 dollars different. and I would expect someone to repair my car if they damaged it.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

yes, pay for the damage on a car for sure. I never said I wouldn't have someone pay me for a club they dented. I said who cares about a paint chip. now, if they dented it or cracked it, that could affect a golf shot. and yes, then they would pay for it. however......if I could get a brand new one under warrenty, then why would you have a friend pay for a new one. not like you can do that with a car. that would be cool though, to return the car with a dent and say I want a new one cause I have warrenty. lol.

and a car and golf club is completely different.

and if the car were totaled you would expect them and their insurance to pay for the replacement cost of the car.  Its no different because you cannot repair a dent in a driver, so it would need to be replaced.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If it wasn't a friend or family member I most likely would not. If I played an entire round with someone and they have a decent looking swing and was friendly enough I would. With the kids I coach on the golf team we always are trying out each others clubs, that's how I bought some of my clubs, tried theirs out first and they've done the same with some of mine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by shades9323

Haha, equating a million dollar race car to a $300 dollar club is ridiculous!  If you are relying on your golf clubs to make you money, you undoubtedly have back ups.  You don't need all of your clubs to teach.  And where are you making any money playing with a 2.2 hc?

And for what it's worth, I did ask to drive Paul Menards stock car.  And I got to drive it.  Not around a track, but in the outside yard at a Menards.  I'm sure it was like the 10th back up car, but it was a stock car nonetheless.

Thats a pretty cool story, im guessing they must have had the car on display at a menards to bring people in.   Ive seen some of those Nascar shops on tv and some of the bigger ones probably have 10 back up cars or more.  Still would be cool to just sit behind the wheel and pretend you're going wheel to wheel with Jimmie Johnson or Tony Stewart or somebody.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

The massive gulf in opinions in this thread is precisely why, I think, asking to hit other people's clubs is a bad idea - if you have different views on the topic, then any damage (cosmetic or otherwise) will surely cause a disagreement.

For what it's worth, I would (and do) let my friends use/try my clubs, but only because I a) trust them not to be complete duffers with them and b) know that I could insist they compensate me for any damage without causing a ruckus.  As for allowing a stranger to have a try - no chance.  I mean, no chance in hell!

Motocaddy S3
MX700 10.5° Driver; Aldila VS Proto 65R
MX700 5W; Aldila VS Proto 85R
MX700 20°, 23°; Exsar HS4R
MX300 5-PW; FST KBS Tour R MP-T 51°, 56°, 60°; Dynalite XP Gold S300Bettinardi BlackCarbon BC1Bridgestone e6+ balls

It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground.

LOL.  That's the quote of the day.

I'm fortunate because I play with the same group(s) of friends all the time and everybody tries out the new stuff.  The first time out on the course with my new 910, all my buds used it before I did.  As far as crashing new cars, it actually happened to one of my buds in the group (the person that crashed it isn't in our group).  He just bought a new Infinity G37 coupe and his bud took it for a drive.  It came back on a flatbed with about $15K worth of damage.  Ouch.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Depends on the person really... I have a friend who put 3 dents in the bottom of his driver the first time he went golfing with me. Then again I have other friends who are almost scratch golfers.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I let my golf partner hit my new Cleveland XL270. I think its the lightest driver out there. He uses Cobras.

Anyway, he took a swing and the ball went and hit a house way right. Big 'thunk' noise and fortunately missed the many windows.

Make sure there aren't any houses. ;) That was the lesson for me.

cleveland.gif XL270 Driver /10.5
cleveland.gif TL3W
Tour Edge JGold Max Bazooka Hybrids: 5-P 
cleveland.gifCG16 Black Pearls: 52, 56, 60
odyssey.gif TERON srixon.gif

Note: This thread is 4092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!