IGNORED

If you had to have one brand of clubs in your bag....

Note: This thread is 4574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never thought I would have just one brand, but it is slowly becoming all Maltby clubs.  I'll soon replace the Bobby Jones hybrid with a Maltby 3H, but I won't be swapping out the wedges any time soon.

For the future, I don't see any clubs other than Maltby, Wishon or Acer in my bag.

I just went all one brand, used to have prima 3 irons (ping eye 2 knock offs) adams wedge driver and hybrid+fw and a dunlop putter, just switched over to all callaway/odyssey. Love all of this stuff! Glad I made the switch.

The worst day of golf beats the best day of work!

Definitely Titleist, because I have nothing but good things to say about my 910D2 and Vokeys, and the California Del Mar is similar to my Odyssey #9. They cover all of my important clubs. Then I would just have to get the 910F, 910H, and AP2s probably and I'd be done. Although I have no complaints about my set as it is.

I could be talked into an all Maltby or all Wishon bag.  Just today I took my Adams hybrids out and put the Wishon 331's back in.  I've been trying to give the Adams a chance and I love the irons (A-4 forged with XCaliber shafts) but I just hit the Wishon hybrids better.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

I never thought I would have just one brand, but it is slowly becoming all Maltby clubs.  I'll soon replace the Bobby Jones hybrid with a Maltby 3H, but I won't be swapping out the wedges any time soon.

For the future, I don't see any clubs other than Maltby, Wishon or Acer in my bag.

Being that I am still pretty new to the whole golf world don't take my opinion to seriously but i could see all ping for sure. Possibly nike or Callaway but i am also digging my new burner 2.0 four iron so who knows.

I wouldn't have said this last week but now I'm a firm believer.  Adams no doubt.  Everything they have feels so good even if they don't have the prestige that Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Ect. has.  They are very good and good for thebeginner golfer like yourself.

titleist in a heartbeat. In my opinion their drivers, irons and wedges are unmatched in the market for quality and control at the moment. I am infact looking at getting some special edition vokeys and a new set of titleist irons within the next few weeks. THe only thing i would not want is a titleist putter. Ive just never been a fan

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

Nike.

I have almost all Nike clubs right now. I had Acuity irons from Dick's that worked ok, but I wanted some of my own (they're my dad's), so I went to Golf Galaxy and tried some stuff. They had a Nike Slingshot steel shaft set for $299. I really liked the feel of these compared to the others, I hit well with them, and I liked the way they looked both aesthetically and at address. Plus I've always like Nike stuff. From football to shoes, Nike's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. So I picked up the set in June, and I've loved them. I did need a driver, though, since the driver from the old set was beheaded somehow ... I went back to Golf Galaxy and they had a Nike Ignite 460cc for $31.99. Needed a new grip, but the head was in great condition, and it has a Graffalloy Blue 65 shaft on it, and it's treated me well. I didn't find anything else that nice at that price, so I grabbed it. I also upgraded my putter to a Nike Method Core... again, it just felt good, and I hit better with it than the Odyssey I was also looking at. The Odyssey had more weight, and I found myself over-doing most putts.

So that's a Nike driver, hybrid, irons, and putter. My SW, 3, and 5 wood are still Acuity, so they still need upgrading (I hate the wedge, and the woods are kind of "bleh"). Who knows, maybe Nike will come through for me again.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

I would personally go with one of the following:

Nike

Adams

Cleveland

Wilson Staff

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Originally Posted by golf4tito

If you had to have one brand of clubs in your bag....which would it? How often do individuals actually do this?

I am a beginner who is really impressed with the Taylor Made line of clubs from top to bottom but wanted to hear input from more experienced players.

I'm a Titleist lover, especially with their clubs for the short game-- Vokey wedges, Cameron putters.  Strangely enough, I don't own a Vokey or Cameron, though I've messed around with a lot at stores.  The issue is that they're just too expensive for me.  I still play a Titleist 975J driver, 8.5 degree.  It's old by typical standards, but it still looks great and plays great.  I think that's what Titleist really prides themselves on: feel.  Need to get a better paying job so I can afford them comfortably.  MacGregor is another good brand... very underrated.

If they had a full line of clubs, it would be Cobra.  Their irons and drivers just feel "right."  On the other hand, you would have to pry my Vokey wedges out of my cold dead hands and I am rather fond of the feel of my 910H.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Really tough decision. If all 14 clubs had to be the same brand I would probably go with Callaway.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• 1 month later...

I just took the game back up after 12 years.  I decided to upgrade my clubs which were Adams Assault VMI.  No second thoughts, I went straight to Adams and chose a newer set.

I vote Adams for the whole bag, but I do like the specialty putter brands.  My whole bag is Adams except for my Never Compromise NCX-Ray putter.  Putters are so special, I'd go for an integrated single brand for everything else, but look to the specialty putter brands for that 1 club.

Also, keep in mind you can fill in with 1 brand but cross lines in the brand.  I have A3OS irons, A3 Hybrids, Insight XTD Driver & FW, and Tom Watson Wedges.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher, Aldila DVS 55-R Shaft, cutoff to 42" 4 Wood - TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast Hybrid - TaylorMade R11 Rescue, 18.5* Irons - 4-P TaylorMade R7 Wedges - Cleveland Forged 588's 50*, 54*, 60* Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Ball - Bridgestone E6 :-P

Titleist all the way.... Callaway would be my second choice, the Vokey wedges and the scotty cameron putters are just the best in class.

They are a good choice for a beginner also. Just very good clubs.

If I could only pick 1 brand, probably Ping. They have great products for every level of golfer, so you could stay with Ping from beginner to scratch. Area they seem weakest are wedges. It's pretty rare to see someone with 100% of their bag as a single brand. Better to get clubs that work for you regardless of who makes 'em.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

For a while I was all Adams Golf with the exception of my putter. But I have since dropped my Adams wedges for Scratch.

If I had to go one brand, it would be Adams Golf. I love their irons and their woods. Despite not having a lot of options, the wedges aren't bad and they have decent putters with the Yes! brand.

Bridgestone and Nike would probably be my runner ups.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!