IGNORED

Best glove?

Note: This thread is 3503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Need to buy a couple new ones...any strong opinions one way or another?  I usually just buy a Nike Elite that the shop has where I play the most.  Thanks!

God bless,

Ryan

ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Srixon glove is pretty nice been using it for a few rounds now.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

easily mizuno skintite

dont last very long though

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

Originally Posted by trickymicky69

easily mizuno skintite

dont last very long though

Durability should be a factor. Well, at least it was for me. Back when I used to wear one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My favorite is the Taylor Made Targa Tour. It lasts reasonably long considering how much my hands sweat, it looks cool, and it's comfortable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear the nike gloves. Not one in specific, but I try to get the nicer leather ones. I know I don't buy the top of the line glove that the tour guys use, but I do buy the middle class glove. Most of the time I get them at the Nike factory stores here locally because they're usually on sale for $7 or $8 & the golf store wants $18-$20.

Just don't buy the Srixon "hybrid" glove… That thing is crap!! I bought 3 at a golf stores closing sale for about $7 a piece, but they just suck! Not really leather, not built to last, etc… I can not speak on their "premium" gloves, because I have not tried them, but the one I did try was junk!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I have started to use the Foot Joy gloves. I'm also not sure on the specific one but it it feels great and lasted quite awhile.

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

I wear the nike gloves. Not one in specific, but I try to get the nicer leather ones. I know I don't buy the top of the line glove that the tour guys use, but I do buy the middle class glove. Most of the time I get them at the Nike factory stores here locally because they're usually on sale for $7 or $8 & the golf store wants $18-$20.

I caught a bad one of these recently that ripped right down the seam on the side as I tightened it. It was almost brand new. Luckily I had a back up Nike is my bag. For the most part though, these gloves have been more than serviceable for me.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I choose my leather gloves based on how they feel

If I want durability I use an all weather glove that I can machine wash

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

If you can find them, FJ has a premium glove called FJ Pure Touch.  Its amazing.  I tried one on in the store and its unreal.  I haven't played in one so can't speak to durability and they are about $25, but goodness they're comfy.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

Im a big fan of the Mizuno Retroflex.  They fit well, last a long time (Im able to get about 6 months of playing 2-3 rounds per week, they dont get all that slick, they just get nasty and crusty from sweat) and are fairly inexpensive.

Ive used Nike gloves in the past and found they didnt last very long before they started to get slick and I found that FJ/Titleist gloves dont fit my hands very well.  The larges are too snug and the XLs are too big and start to bunch up in the palm after a round and start to get black and slick after a few rounds.

Im yet to try TM or Srixon gloves though, so I cant comment on those.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Just don't buy the Srixon "hybrid" glove… That thing is crap!! I bought 3 at a golf stores closing sale for about $7 a piece, but they just suck! Not really leather, not built to last, etc… I can not speak on their "premium" gloves, because I have not tried them, but the one I did try was junk!

I just got one of those Srixon hybrids that you mentioned. What was wrong with them? I've played a couple rounds with it so far and it hasn't bothered me. Its like a cross between the FJ Spyder and a nicer cabretta glove. Was there some funky stretching or seams coming undone or something?

I found that it stretched out weird, durability wasn't very good, and the glove was actually short around the bottom of the hand. The material they are made with had a weird feel to it (I guess thats why its called a "hybrid"). I just did not like anything about it. Definitely would not buy it again, even if on sale for an "unbeatable price."

I know a lot of guys here like "durability" in a golf glove. I mean I do, but its not my first requirement. I LOVE breaking out a new glove, New gloves just feel so good!!! So once it starts to wear out, stretch out, or just fit different, I toss it for a new one.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Well I guess I will find out. I paid I think $11 for it, and so far I like it. But I change gloves whenever they get too crusty and stretched out, which happens more often than you'd think here in WA. One wet round can trash a glove, and cabretta doesn't mix well with water/mud etc.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Im a big fan of the Mizuno Retroflex.  They fit well, last a long time (Im able to get about 6 months of playing 2-3 rounds per week, they dont get all that slick, they just get nasty and crusty from sweat) and are fairly inexpensive.

Ive used Nike gloves in the past and found they didnt last very long before they started to get slick and I found that FJ/Titleist gloves dont fit my hands very well.  The larges are too snug and the XLs are too big and start to bunch up in the palm after a round and start to get black and slick after a few rounds.

Im yet to try TM or Srixon gloves though, so I cant comment on those.

The retroflex is a great glove

It doesn't feel as tight as the skintite but the leather is just as thin

I've been playing the Taylormade Targa Tour for two years.  Very thin, good feeling, and not overly expensive.  But lately, I've been having problems with excessive wear (due to grip problem) and sweat on the back of the hand.

So after some research I'm now swintching to and testing the Footjoy SciFlex glove.  It is supposed to last a bit longer, can take a bit more sweat and still has good feeling.  So I'll see how that pans out.  First impressions are positive.  It is a little bit more expensive, but seems to keep its shape a bit better as the Targa Tours.  Time will tell more ...

Does anyone know of a glove without (or minimal) side thumb seam?  I love the feel of a new glove but after a certain time the glove thumb tends to twist around my thumb, so the seam is right in the middle of my thumb bad which causes discomfort (I twist the part back around to make it comfortable, but its annoying)...

Does anyone else get this problem?  Maybe I am being cheap and using a glove for too long?  I have yet to find a glove which doesn't do this and have reverted to using no glove lately, its winter here so its ok, but summer I do get a case of damp hand if I dont use a glove.

Note: This thread is 3503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!