Sign in to follow this  
calcnation

My Swing (calcnation)

Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

32 posts / 2609 viewsLast Reply

I agree with Golfingdad. No flip. The grip is strong so the wrist looks bent, but it is not. Beachcomber is right about extension. A good drill is MVMAC's video drill to keep that right knee from coming in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRNPMG0GIPU

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a good video from Dana which talks about the finish.  Again - you can see to get into that finish - you need to turn the shoulders more horizontally through the impact zone.

Originally Posted by mchepp

I agree with Golfingdad. No flip. The grip is strong so the wrist looks bent, but it is not. Beachcomber is right about extension. A good drill is MVMAC's video drill to keep that right knee from coming in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRNPMG0GIPU

He is hitting fat shots because his right knee is bending into the ball.

My miss is a top shot recently with tee ball which sucks and my divots are far out in front of the ball.  I am thinking I am not getting enough back/shoulder turn on backswing. Thoughts?

Videos:

I would agree with not getting enough turn on the backswing. Left shoulder works too level and basically run into your chin. Going to feel the left shoulder and left hip work more down on the backswing so the shoulder can work more "under" the chin. Will increase how much you can turn.

I've been Playing Golf for: 35 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 2.3
My typical ball flight is: draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: toe shots the red line is center of head at address  look how head moves away  what is fix?

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

IMG_6646.PNG

Edited by calcnation

7 hours ago, calcnation said:

Well that is all I got right now.

Record a video of your swing on your smart phone. It'll probably do 240 FPS.

Upload to YouTube. Embed here.

Mind your camera angles: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing .

Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!