IGNORED

For those who do NOT use Titleist golf balls...

Note: This thread is 4614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want Srixon balls. I am going to buy Srixon balls. They will be yellow Srixon balls.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

Originally Posted by Gerald

But on the other hand it is in no way like Kieran said, playing from hc 11 that he would play from hc. 5 if he would be using the Pro V1 ....... if that was the case any 10-12 hc. would buy himself a 5 hc.

I was being sarcastic you know....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

My pro recommended Srixon AD333's for me. I played them. I like them. I use them.

The AD333 is a nice soft feeling ball, and is nice to putt or chip with, but they just lack bite ...... attcking a pin from let's say 100 yds and it easely ends up 10 yds past the pitchmark.......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

I want Srixon balls. I am going to buy Srixon balls. They will be yellow Srixon balls.

I think you'll play better with orange Srixon balls to be honest... ;)

The AD333 is a nice soft feeling ball, and is nice to putt or chip with, but they just lack bite ...... attcking a pin from let's say 100 yds and it easely ends up 10 yds past the pitchmark.......

I didn't know that. Maybe I'll be better off trying out a new ball after all. Pro V1x your recommendation?

Incidentally the Titleist 'Golf Ball Fitting App' on their website recommends that I use a Titleist Pro V1x as primary choice or a Pro V1 as an alternative.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I was being sarcastic you know....

Ohhhhh excuse my French ......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Well .....

You must be padding those balls, I can hit a few shots with them to have a ball with so many yellow marks on ....... that it looks as if it needs a medical consult....

Have you tried the 2011 model? - that is what I was discussing (i would agree with you on the earlier models - especially the non-x)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on your swing.  From a very short pitch shot or chip I agree that a budget/non-urethane ball will definitely run out more.  But from 100 yds any ball I hit with a SW, GW, or PW (depending on how I want to play it) will check back from its pitch mark. Any ball .  A Pro V1 or TP Black will spin back the most, but not a huge difference with that shot.

Mainly price for me.  As sean miller said, I can suck just as well with a Noodle as with a Pro v1.

I honestly like Titleist stuff, and occasionally use NXT-Tours. I have never bought any Pro V1's. I have used the Srixon X-Star and like them well. Would probably be "my ball" if they didn't cost 40-45/doz. I can tell the difference between Z Stars and Noodles, but not $30/dozen difference at least for my game.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by max power

Depends on your swing.  From a very short pitch shot or chip I agree that a budget/non-urethane ball will definitely run out more.  But from 100 yds any ball I hit with a SW, GW, or PW (depending on how I want to play it) will check back from its pitch mark.  Any ball.  A Pro V1 or TP Black will spin back the most, but not a huge difference with that shot.

Depends on the greens and course setup too. The PGA Tour players were having trouble stopping a ball at Bay Hill yesterday. The LPGA tournament in the desert (a week or two ago) had greens I wouldn't like - if they hit just short of the green the ball popped up and came up way short of the pin. If they carried the ball just barely onto the green it bounced off the back. It made very good players look like a bunch of hackers.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Good point.  I am more likely to break out some urethane balls at a course that I've played/is known to have very fast/hard to hold greens.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Depends on the greens and course setup too. The PGA Tour players were having trouble stopping a ball at Bay Hill yesterday. The LPGA tournament in the desert (a week or two ago) had greens I wouldn't like - if they hit just short of the green the ball popped up and came up way short of the pin. If they carried the ball just barely onto the green it bounced off the back. It made very good players look like a bunch of hackers.

Originally Posted by max power

Good point.  I am more likely to break out some urethane balls at a course that I've played/is known to have very fast/hard to hold greens.

As for cheaper balls I like the Bridgestone e5, which is a 2 piece ball with urethane cover, it doesn't spin as much as the premium balls and it is not really an Hop & Stop ball, but putting and chipping with great feel ! There is a 2011 version, which means you can get the current stock cheap !

Originally Posted by meenman

Have you tried the 2011 model? - that is what I was discussing (i would agree with you on the earlier models - especially the non-x)

I use the 2009 Pro V1x (in my sig.......) a perfect ball, but it is damaged very soon .....

Incidentally the Titleist 'Golf Ball Fitting App' on their website recommends that I use a Titleist Pro V1x as primary choice or a Pro V1 as an alternative.

Forget the Titleist "Golf Ball Fitting App" ........ even a newbie is advised to best use the best balls available (Pro V1(x)) !

As I understand you are not playing from a hc yet ...... go with the AD333 ..... nice ball - great feel too !!!

Forget the Titleist "Golf Ball Fitting App" ........ even a newbie is advised to best use the best balls available (Pro V1(x)) !

As I understand you are not playing from a hc yet ...... go with the AD333 ..... nice ball - great feel too !!!

My handicap is TBC solely because I have never been officially handicapped thus far. The current concensus with family members who I play with is that I'm around the 18 marker. That's also backed-up by the fact that last summer I played the Royal Malta (which I was told requires an 18 handicap) in the same group as the club captain and he never questioned my handicap at all.

I play AD333's currently but I'll take a look at a sleeve of Pro V1x's next time I'm at the pro shop.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I think you'll play better with orange Srixon balls to be honest... ;)

Get the Z Star or Z Star X in orange...   Japanese market!

post-49-088491100%201292886540.jpg

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

Get the Z Star or Z Star X in orange...   Japanese market!

Could it be any more orange?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Could it be any more orange?

Not sure it can to be honest. I thought the sleeve of orange AD333's I got were pretty orange but this one blows them out of the water! ;)

SWING DNA

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

Tell us why?  I don't play them, I switched years ago and currently play the Srixon Z-Star, primarily due to off the charts durability with equal spin and distance when compared to the ProV line.  The Titleist just shred too much, and i hate playing a ball with marks all over it, even in a casual round.  So, if you do... why do you look past the #1 ball in golf?

$Cost$ is my answer...if I have to pay full price for a ball then I buy the Pro V1X...however, if I can find the Penta or Z-StarX on sale I will game those for a while as I find them to be very similar balls for my game...for instance Penta's are in my bag right now.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Note: This thread is 4614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!