IGNORED

Grips, Grips, Grips

Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What Grips do you guys prefer for Drivers, Irons / Wedges, and Putters?

I prefer the New decade grips for my irons and recently put one on my driver and it feels very different.  Not bad, just a little weird.  Anyone else have a similar situation?

I know that you guys wont all agree on one particular grip.

Driver: Titleist D3 9.5, Project X
3 Wood: Adams Tight Lies
Irons: Titleist AP2
Wedges: 51 Degree Cleveland, 54 and 58 Degree CG 15
Putter: Ping Kushin (Old School Baby!)

Golf pride tour wrap and a winn midsize putter grip.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Just regripped my driver with a Decade multi-compound midsize +1 wrap.  It originally came with a TM branded  Decade and it was pretty good for the dry climate I live in, so I kept it the same. My irons are Titleist branded Golfpride Tour Velvets (round, turned logo down) and my wedges are Lamkin Crossline Tours.  Putter is a Lamkin Crossline Paddle.

I've got the NDMCs on all of my irons and fairway woods, a GP DD2 on one of my drivers, a NDMC one another, and the stock grip +2 wraps on my VR STR8-Fit driver. On my wedges I have standard Titleist/Golf Pride Tour Velvet on my wedges, with a couple of extra wraps. HOWEVER, my PURE Grips and installation gun were delivered yesterday, so I'll be swapping out grips on something. Havent decided what I'm putting them on yet. Maybe my JPX-800 Pro's.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I play the Golf Pride New Decade on all my clubs, even one of my putters has that grip.  I'm am sold on them, I don't wear a glove and like the rough texture, plus I play in a humid area of the country and they hold up on those hot, humid summer days.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Lamkin Permawrap Classic cover all of my irons!! LOVE THEM!!!!!

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

mid size golf pride blue multi compound cords on everything. looking forward to change them up next year, not that i dont like them, i just want to see what else is out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord.

What other grips have you used for comparison?  I demo'd the BCT at a local golf store, and liked the feel, but I currently have had the GP Tour Velvet on most of my clubs for almost two seasons with good results.  For my next grip, I am looking for better moisture control and responsiveness, which, according to the GP grip selector, the BCT is the highest ranked in these categories.

The rub is that the BCT is nearly three times the price and more firm verses the Tour Velvet.  If the BCT lasts longer with better overall results, then it may be my next grip.

Originally Posted by NI4NI

What other grips have you used for comparison?  I demo'd the BCT at a local golf store, and liked the feel, but I currently have had the GP Tour Velvet on most of my clubs for almost two seasons with good results.  For my next grip, I am looking for better moisture control and responsiveness, which, according to the GP grip selector, the BCT is the highest ranked in these categories.

The rub is that the BCT is nearly three times the price and more firm verses the Tour Velvet.  If the BCT lasts longer with better overall results, then it may be my next grip.

I prefer the Tour Velvet too.  I don't like cord grips.  Used them briefly a long while back.  I've also used the Tour Wraps.  I think I just prefer the lighter feel I get the Velvets.  I have no interest i paying for the new high dollar grips.  I just don't see any advantage for added cost.  I change my grips at least yearly, sometimes twice in  year - just can't justify that expense.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have GP Tour Velvets on all my clubs, with the exception of my Bobby Jones fairway and hybrid that have the original Bobby Jones branded Winn V17 grips on them (lightweight).  I have a Tiger Shark Ultratac grip coming to try on my putter.  I love the feel of the Tour Velvets, and the price can't be beat.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I prefer the Tour Velvet too.  I don't like cord grips.  Used them briefly a long while back.  I've also used the Tour Wraps.  I think I just prefer the lighter feel I get the Velvets.  I have no interest i paying for the new high dollar grips.  I just don't see any advantage for added cost.  I change my grips at least yearly, sometimes twice in  year - just can't justify that expense.

I have lived a sheltered life when it comes to grips, but, I have no regrets as I like the Tour Velvets.  Whenever I try another grip, the TV is the standard to which all is compared.  Cords seem a bit too firm for my liking, but the BCT seemed  a bit tamer, while having better moisture control (so they say).

It will most likely come down to price, and the TV's will most likely stay.  I will probably buy one BCT just to check it out...who knows.

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

I've got the NDMCs on all of my irons and fairway woods, a GP DD2 on one of my drivers, a NDMC one another, and the stock grip +2 wraps on my VR STR8-Fit driver. On my wedges I have standard Titleist/Golf Pride Tour Velvet on my wedges, with a couple of extra wraps. HOWEVER, my PURE Grips and installation gun were delivered yesterday, so I'll be swapping out grips on something. Havent decided what I'm putting them on yet. Maybe my JPX-800 Pro's.

You're gonna love the PUREs... I have the soft wraps on my clubs and love them... and the installation couldn't be any simpler.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

You're gonna love the PUREs... I have the soft wraps on my clubs and love them... and the installation couldn't be any simpler.

Believe it or not, I've had the grips and installation tool for a few weeks and havent had the chance to do my own. I did use their tool to install NDMCs for a friend, and it was really simple and quick. I was very impressed. But yeah, I cant wait to try PURE's actual grips out.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I have tried the Golf Pride Tour Velvet, the Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G, and Winn Lite firm. They are all fine grips (Tour Wrap 2G and Winn Lite) not so great when wet. My favorite, and one I have on all my clubs is the Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. They are great in all weather conditions and give me great control.

titleist.gif 910 D2 9.5* Aldila RIP 70titleist.gif906F2 15* Fujikura Speeder
titleist.gif ZM 3-P DG S300titleist.gifAP2 2iron Project X 6.0
titleist.gif 200:52.08 DG S300  SM 56.11 Project X 6.0  SM 60.07 DG S300 
                  cameron.gif California Series  Del Mar

Lamkin Performance + 3gen mid-size on my irons and wedges.  GP Tour Wrap built up with tape on my driver.  Stock Rossa/TaylorMade on my putter, I think it's a Winn.

I have pretty big hands & have sore fingers on my right hand after a round.    I put a Lamkin Oversize grip on my LW & absolutely love it.     Just ordered a grip kit from Golfsmith & will be changing all of my clubs over to this grip - just feels so much more substantial to me.        Regular grips feel like a pencil by comparison ...

http://www.amazon.com/Lamkin-Crossline-Oversize-Grip-Kit/dp/B0007P89JC

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!