Sign in to follow this  
MikeLowry5

The Power of Confidence

Note: This thread is 3538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 654 viewsLast Reply

I am firmly convinced that Donald Trump is a good golfer, partifularly a good short game player strictly because of the confidence he has in himself.  There has to be some type of intangible correlation between the confidence you have in yourself to succeed and your brain allowing your body to make the correct motions to hit that shot.

Just sayin...

Confidence does go a long way, especially in tournament play.  But, you need the right swing mechanics to be able to play with that confidence.  Confidence is a mental portion of the golf game which a lot of people seem to underestimate or disregard completely.  It's definitely something that can drastically change your game, especially when your on the line in a tourney.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Hello everyone I used to be active here until my place was burglarized in Dallas TX and my entire golf gear, among other things, was stolen. Following the burglary and the pandemic I lost my motivation to play golf. Last week I moved to Vegas, and today my wonderful wife ordered a new set for my upcoming birthday. It is an all Taylormade M2 set which was on discount at Dick's; my goal is to play with that product price range until I score in the 80s again. I will only buy better clubs after I consistently hit below 80, if necessary. I am now looking for good golf courses in the Summerlin area and hope to join a community where I can find likeminded folks to play with regularly. My flexible job enables me to play in the afternoons during the week and all day on weekends. Vegas has transformed a lot. The Raiders built a stadium here, residential areas have grown and lots of master planned communities were built. Nice to be back on TST, it is the best golf community on the web! Nave
    • I have just as much fun playing by the rules, as not. Hell, probably more...
    • Nice!  Olinger can get around the table!  
    • DAY 1  December 4   Due to a pinched nerve in my mid-back, I have not been able to practice for a little more than a week.  So starting again at Day 1!!  Spent a couple of hours on the range, alternating between hitting balls with my feet together (to work on balance and rotating around my thoracic spine) and working with the Swingwyde to focus on swing plane and proper cocking and uncocking of the wrists.  Then spent about an hour on short pitches... which was a total waste of time... chunking, blading, etc.  I have now decided that I need to find a new instructor to help me with this.....  now to sleep and back to the grind in the morning.  The positive part is that I am hitting my irons and full swing wedges so much better than a couple of months ago -- my swing, contact, low point, etc all continue to improve.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (62 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (35 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...