IGNORED

Do you play in golf shoes, running shoes, Crocs or ?

pueblo
Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf shoes. Always.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Golf shoes for rounds and any kind of practice (even on the mats in the dome in the winter).  My usual boots are too thick, I don't wear running shoes and I can't get the traction I'd like with my VFF's.

Brad

Originally Posted by newtogolf

On the course - golf shoes always.  On the range - running shoes

You consciously practice in different footwear? Different traction and sole height? Is this when you practice off mats or always?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You consciously practice in different footwear? Different traction and sole height? Is this when you practice off mats or always?

The ranges near me are mat only (wish there was grass ranges close by).  I usually don't bother to change shoes for hitting off mats.  Do you think it would be better if I wore golf shoes during practice on mats too?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf shoes on the course. If possible, golf shoes on the range as well. I don't like sliding at all when I'm standing on mats.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Golf shoes or, in warm weather, golf sandals.  Funny that Crocs were mentioned.  They used to own the Bite Golf shoe brand but I believe that went kaput.  I own a few pairs of Bite shoes and sandals.  Very comfy golf footwear. I'm sorry they are no longer available.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

There was a thread earlier with some links to Sketcher Bobcat and Asics. These are athletic shoes with alot of traction but no 'cleats'.

Here's another one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bite-Trekker-Travel-Aztec-Wheat/dp/B000E0XZZS/ref=sr_1_83?s=golf&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1301682442&sr;=1-83

cleveland.gif XL270 Driver /10.5
cleveland.gif TL3W
Tour Edge JGold Max Bazooka Hybrids: 5-P 
cleveland.gifCG16 Black Pearls: 52, 56, 60
odyssey.gif TERON srixon.gif

Always golf shoes

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Golf Shoes for course and practice with the occasional "I'm too lazy to change my shoes to hit 50 balls off a mat"...

Originally Posted by Dave H

Golf Shoes for course and practice with the occasional "I'm too lazy to change my shoes to hit 50 balls off a mat"...

this is what i normally do, except for last week, a day after it rained, i slipped on the mat -- did a full 180 after my swing.  at least i didn't fall...

since then, always golf shoes for the range.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

On the course and on the range I wear golf shoes 95% of the time.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Golf shoes only.  Odd time I'll have my steel toe shoes on if I am taking a quick coffee break at the range, but I am considering keeping them in the truck all season this year.  And....you wouldn't catch me wearing Crocs on or off the course, anytime, period.

always golf shoes for me as well. golf shoes should be worn since they aid you in keeping your footing.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!