• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • So I've really been working on getting into a "posted-up" position at impact, as I'm hoping it will ensure that my weight and body is in good position to strike the ball more consistently. I've nearly eliminated my dreadful hook with my irons, and the times I do hook, I'm pretty sure it's because I pull up out of my posture and come off the ball. Most of my iron shots now are going straight or fading. I've really tried to feel weight centered, hips turning and bumping toward the target. I'm trying to get my left shoulder low on the backswing and squat into the downswing. I'm still hitting some shots thin, which I'm hoping will resolve with more practice. My woods and hybrids, however, I still have this problem where I'm just spraying it all over. Upon closer inspection with video, I can definitely see I'm pulling up with the driver instead of getting deeper into a squat. I'm hoping for some feedback just to see if I'm on the right track here. I've never looked this good as far as getting my weight back to the left and straightening out the left leg, but I still need to work on getting my hands more in front of the ball and still work more on the "squat" so I don't come up out of my stance. Any idea why I might be pulling up (ie, some kind of compensation my body is trying to make)? I used to think that maybe I was standing to close to the ball, but it doesn't really look or feel that way.   
    • Good points, Knott. I am in the middle of this battle now, as I work on using my chipper. I've been practicing at night at a par 3 golf course, which is packed. I was fine, when there was no people around. Then some folks came up on my right. I said, to myself, oh no, don't shank it to the right, you will hurt these people (luckily I didn't hurt them, lol) and that's what I did-sending the ball to the right. I guess the remedy (hopefully) should be to focus on what I am trying to do. Say things like stick it close or play a low runner. 
    • The one about whether its mechanics or mental. Given the evidence… You should be leaning toward B, no? All I’m doing is asking you to back up your claims and reason through something.
    • What am I ducking? That JS’ issue presents to be a mental over a mechanical issue? I believe we have a lengthy thread discussing the mental game vs mechanics yes? This could be mental or he’s uncertain about his swing and is adjusting feverishly thus unable to put together four rounds. That could be considered both perhaps. You’re a professional instructor and I’m an idiot. I’m not sure what you expect me to do other than what I’ve put forward. IMO, which is equivalent to the village idiot’s opinion as it pertains to golf, JS needs to see someone other than CM to help him achieve being a contender again. 
    • Ooh I didn't realise one could get a badge! Own it, have read it several times.  Have it to hand most of the time. I also own the Pure Strile 5SK book.  Please may I have stickers? 🙂
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. bste
      bste
      (63 years old)
    2. JasmineReedTheAuthor
      JasmineReedTheAuthor
      (26 years old)
    3. jmitri
      jmitri
      (41 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...