IGNORED

Pants or Shorts in Summer

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Usually shorts, but I have a couple light-colored, light-material pants I might try this year, mostly to avoid having to try to apply sunscreen to hairy legs.  I have some lightweight, just off-white

It also depends on the environment.  If you're out in glaring sun in a dry climate (like, e.g., southern California), a lot of your heating comes from direct radiation from the sun.  Shading yourself

Once the person wearing pants starts sweating it will look like they wet their pants and therefore they will look more immature.

I have some pairs of the adidas ClimaCool pants and I can attest that they breathe very nicely and wouldn't hesitate to wear them in the summer here (it gets 100F+ and dry).

I used to be a shorts guy (for golf) in high school and early 20s but not so much now for whatever reason.

That is only true until you hit your first shot! Then, sadly, we are reminded that we are not pro's!

Originally Posted by iacas

P.S. Plus, you feel a lot more like a pro.

If it is a round during the week after work than pants for me. Normally I am with clients and want to keep the professional appearance. Plus...I wear the Haggar Cool 18 as work pants everyday so I just throw on a golf shirt and go. Weekend rounds if the temps are decent I will wear shorts, the same Haggar Cool 18. Very nice overall wear and fit.

Originally Posted by DeanB

There is a reason pros wear shorts in hot days when they practice at home.

They do?  I've seen lots of photos of Tiger wearing shorts when he's not playing on tour.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Fourputt

They do?  I've seen lots of photos of Tiger wearing shorts when he's not playing on tour.

Rick, I think you two are saying the same thing...?

Let's bring some dignity to the game and wear pants!  Shorts (and skirts) are for girls and women.

Originally Posted by iacas

Rick, I think you two are saying the same thing...?

Oops, I must have misread something....

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer to wear pants but on the hottest days I just can't do it.  I do feel "more formal" and "more like a pro" and some how think that helps (certainly doesn't hurt) - especially in the concentration and dedication to each shot department.

I'd like to find some of the new breathable fabrics for less then the golf stores sell them.  I certainly can't go around paying $60 for several pairs of pants.

I usually wear shorts because I can't handle the heat/humidity.  But... I also can't handle the sun/sunburn.  I'm thinking of investing in some lightweight pants --- then maybe, I'll ditch the shorts for good.

I'd actually like to get cool long-sleeve shirts for summer too --- help with the sunburn!  ...just bought a lifeguard-style straw hat to provide a bit more shade --- too windy to use much though...

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

I wear shorts normally

IZOD makes a great golf pant.  Feels like you aren't wearing anything.  I picked them up at the outlet for $22

Yeah, seriously. I usually wear shorts, and I recently got two pairs of reallllly nice Izod shorts for 35 dollars total. They are the nice material that Nike and Adidas usually makes, it's like the real smooth kind. Not sure of the actual material. The MSRP on the shorts was 52 dollars!

I love outlets!

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by OPIRIP

my anwser is pant.  who wear a short look like idoit and immature same little boy play.  I'm adult  period it.

Well said...

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!