IGNORED

The 2011 Masters - The Main Thread

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

rory wanted the tiger, now he's got it. i'd have thought he'd have learned from the other rory and poults what happens after talking smack about tiger.

Not a whole lot of cummupence being dished out in the past few minutes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by squaddie

With the scores so close, what are the odds of a playoff happening?  Would they play individual holes or an entire round?

If I remember correctly, a playoff at the Masters is #s 10 and 18, in that order, in sudden death.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, if Tiger doesn't get up-and-down for birdie on 12 I think his chances are done and it'll be on somebody else to catch Rory. I think if Rory keeps driving it the way he has been he'll end up holding on. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, if Tiger doesn't get up-and-down for birdie on 12 I think his chances are done and it'll be on somebody else to catch Rory.

I think if Rory keeps driving it the way he has been he'll end up holding on.

Brandon

I assume you mean 13 since 12 is a par 3 and Rorys driver seemed to have left him on 10.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I assume you mean 13 since 12 is a par 3 and Rorys driver seemed to have left him on 10.

Thanks. Yes, I meant the par 5 thirteenth hole. It appears Tiger will have a very good approach chance on 15 to set up an eagle putt. Adam Scott turning it on as well. Brandon

Official meltdown sighting on 10.

Brandon

Oh poor Rory.  :(

I make no secret of my Tiger fandom, but ... poor Rory! :(

And now Tiger's approach on 15... I started screaming "make it a double" mid-swing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Official meltdown sighting on 10.

Brandon

wow. that was epic.

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

Alright, looks like the meltdown is complete and Rory is looking up at the leaderboard. Tiger has about 4 foot for eagle at 15 after his approach. There is a four-way tie for first, and he can claim the lead with the eagle. Brandon

Disappointing birdie for Tiger. What a squandered opportunity. This is going down to the wire my friends. Brandon

Damn Tiger....so close. I think Tiger's just going to run out of holes. But what a Sunday story
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

Gotta say, I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Scott win.

If I had to make pick right now I'd go with him.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Yeah I admit I wouldn't mind seeing Scott win, even though I hate looking at that putter :-). Tiger is going to have to hit some great approach shots at 17 or 18 to win, because there are too many scoring opportunities remaining for the people he's tied with. As much as the putter was on fire on the front 9, it's failed him on the back. Good drama though. There are still 5-8 guys in the hunt. Brandon

Yeah I admit I wouldn't mind seeing Scott win, even though I hate looking at that putter .

Ugh I hate those putters, but it seems to be working very well for him.

EDIT: Wow, Ogilvy has a great chance to share the lead.

-Rich

Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!