IGNORED

The 2011 Masters - The Main Thread

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 4750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hearing Ian Baker Finch talk us through Rory's four-putt was depressing. Edit: now he's in the hazard off the next tee. It's over. He'll have to learn from it and become a better player because of it. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Three perfect clichés. You must write for CBS sports! ;)

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Disappointing birdie for Tiger. What a squandered opportunity. This is going down to the wire my friends.

Brandon

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

The way Augusta plays, with its opportunities and unforgiving penalties, makes it the most dramatic golf tournament in the world in my opinion.  Sure, one can juice up the US Open greens and grow terrible rough, and the Open can be grueling and require imagination, the PGA can move about to provide great venues and challenges, but Augusta is the grand high opera of golf.  What a place.

RC

I'm really hoping for an epic 7 man playoff....

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Scott with the outright lead! If he can make something happen on the par 5, he has an excellent chance of winning it all.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would love to see this. Too much good golf today, they need more time to sort it all out

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

Yeah, I think Scott is going to ruin our hopes. Brandon

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Now, they play all 7 at once if this happens, right?  No grouping to play a sudden death playoff?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

[quote name="clubchamp" url="/forum/thread/45413/the-2011-masters-the-main-thread/198#post_593191"]

Yeah, I think Scott is going to ruin our hopes.[/quote] I lied? He just completely fanned his approach shot at the par 5 :-\

Now, they play all 7 at once if this happens, right?  No grouping to play a sudden death playoff?

Now that would be epic. Speaking of epic, if Tiger is back he will make a putt at 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

rory wanted the tiger, now he's got it. i'd have thought he'd have learned from the other rory and poults what happens after talking smack about tiger.

Not a whole lot of cummupence being dished out in the past few minutes.

My bad - it might not have been "dished out" up to that point, but once it was, Rory went back for extra helpings. Oh man.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Man, those two short misses at 12 and 15 are going to haunt Tiger in his sleep tonight. Adam Scott's tee shot at 16 was clutch, but at 17 not so much. Appears to be in the left tree line. Let's see if he can recover. Brandon

This is one of the most entertaining tournaments I've seen. Donald's 3 at 18 is one of the best ever.

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

Wow, Adam Scott's putter is saving him right now.

It's a shame Donald found the water on that par 3, since he really came out firing after that.

-Rich

Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

Wow, Adam Scott's putter is saving him right now.

Never thought you'd say that, eh?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Man, if Schwartzel goes on to win this one I will have been one year premature in my picking of him to win the Masters (last year). So, expect Hunter Mahan to be in contention next year. He was my pick to win this year. Brandon

Note: This thread is 4750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!