Sign in to follow this  
frankteo

What clubs would you choose?

Note: This thread is 3374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 posts / 892 viewsLast Reply

I signed up for a two club tournament at the local par 3. You can only use two clubs from your bag to play the course. Most holes range from 70-110 yards, but there are two holes that will probably be playing 150-170 that day. As of now I'm leaning towards just a pitching wedge and a putter. I figure I can just lay up on the two longer holes.

What two clubs would you choose?

I'd take a 7-iron and a sand wedge.  And practice putting with both of them and see which works better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

I'd take a 7-iron and a sand wedge.  And practice putting with both of them and see which works better.

That's funny, I almost posted the exact same thing about an hour ago but got distracted and never got around to it. Around here we call it monkey golf. Pick any two clubs and play a round. Most guys learn to put with something else, a hybrid would be great if it were a longer courses - not to difficult to make a reasonable putt with.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Id go 8-iron and putter if it were me.  You could grip down on the 8 or hit 3/4 swings and get various distances out of it, but still be able to hit a full swing and get decent distance out of it.

It would depend on the qualitiy of the fairways. I'd probably take an 8 iron and a wedge and putt with the wedge.

^I will. I'm going out there tomorrow to play a practice round with the PW and putter. I may switch to a 9 or 8 iron if I feel it's necessary, but the putter is a definite.

Originally Posted by frankteo

^I will. I'm going out there tomorrow to play a practice round with the PW and putter. I may switch to a 9 or 8 iron if I feel it's necessary, but the putter is a definite.

I think your initial instinct is right. First thing that came to my mind was PW and putter also.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Id go 8-iron and putter if it were me.  You could grip down on the 8 or hit 3/4 swings and get various distances out of it, but still be able to hit a full swing and get decent distance out of it.

Same. 8-irons are pretty versatile.

Note: This thread is 3374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!