Sign in to follow this  
pueblo

How many wedges do you carry?

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

39 posts / 5841 viewsLast Reply

Originally Posted by pueblo

oops

Don't worry -- it's a common thing here.  I figured I'd give you what were probably 100+ posts worth of answers to your question instead of having to wait for them to come in!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52, 56, 60. Perfect spacing with my 47 pitching wedge that came with my irons. You must have perfect spacing with the wedges...it helps me shoot lower! also make sure your grooves are good and clean before you hit

My set up has changed over the last months ...... I now choose my sandwedge bounce depening on the sand condition in the bunkers.

Fewer options in the wedges brings lower scores as it is very demanding to control 4 or even 5 wedges......

I  brought options back to only two.

My sets PW is a 47* further I have three vokeys : 52/08, 58/08 and 58/12

I normally bring a 52/08 and 58/08, but for courses with soft sand in the bunkers I replace the 8* for the 12* bounce sand/lob wedge.

So I basicly it allways is 47-52-58 for me.

At courses I don't need to bring the 2 iron for some long par 3's, I bring both 58 wedges, as the 12* bounce is also great for greenside pitching from heavy rough.

I carry 5 wedges. 47 pw, 50 gw, 56 sw, 60 lw, 64 lw Funny thing is, on the course I play I have plenty of opportunity to use them all. There are a lot of elevation changes mixed with rather large multi level greens. I know people say set yourself up for your best shot but my set up shot isn't my best shot I guess you could. Therefore I need a club for all positioning around the green.

48 PW

52 GW

56.14 SW

62.12 LW

I know the 62 ruins my progression but I just love using that club within 5 yards of the green.  Everything else from 100 in I use the 56 (unless I have the right distance for a full shot with the 62).

48 PW

52 GW

56.14 SW

62.12 LW

I know the 62 ruins my progression but I just love using that club within 5 yards of the green.  Everything else from 100 in I use the 56 (unless I have the right distance for a full shot with the 62).

"Fix" your progression like this -> 48' 52' 57' 62' That's what I carry. ;-) My non-CC wedges are -> 52' 56' 60' but, I seldom game them.

I haven't played golf in 3 years when I was in high school (I had to stop when I broke my wrists in), but when I played I only used a 56*. I'm sure another wedge or two could have helped a bit, but I did well with just that one.

When I can afford new clubs, I'll probably get a 50* and a 56*.

I used to play pw 47, then 54 and 58. now I have 47, 51, 54, 58 in my bag. it is well balanced I must say. easy to make a club decision now within 120 yards.

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!