IGNORED

Right Forearm Pain

Anyone got any idea why my right forearm hurts or what I can do to strengthen them?

It's probably just a pulled muscle from being cooped up all winter then swingin' for the fences today since it's the first round of the year but IDK

Oh btw, I'm a righty.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Anyone got any idea why my right forearm hurts or what I can do to strengthen them?

It's probably just a pulled muscle from being cooped up all winter then swingin' for the fences today since it's the first round of the year but IDK

Oh btw, I'm a righty.

It sounds like a strain, but in no way am I a doctor of course. If the pain persists I'd see an actual doctor... and in the meantime would just ice it the first 24-48 hours, then soft use heat.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So Lets say your hold your hand towards your chest, and you push your hand forward your arm begins to hurt? Its it just stiff or is there actually significant pain? Did youdo any exercising?

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Tennis Elbow? Is it in the forarm or elbow joint?Alot of golfers get tennis elbow ( like me )...ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, heat....

No it's definitely not elbow joint - it's the top of my forearm

I am no doctor, but I have had severe tennis elbow and underwent surgery.  Tennis elbow is not only felt in the elbow.  My elbow is now great but I have pain in the top of my forearm.  Try ice and rest and DON'T let get worse, cause 5 months without swinging a club sucked!

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Are you sure it's from swining the golf club/ Not from, ah, other activities?

Positive. I felt a "pinch" while hitting my 3w.

It seems to have gone away, but I haven't put it through anything strenuous since.

• 2 months later...

Same thing happend to me after playing 9 yesterday...

My nephew said it's from not keeping my right arm straight during the follow through, after the ball strike...

My cousin is a Pro P/T and she said the same as Kieran123... Ice, heat, ice, heat...

Coinsidentally... If you want to see a physical therapist and reproduce the strain... hold a five pound weight in your right hand and keep your arm bent for ten minutes... Replicate the strain every time, guaranteed!

So, lighten up on your right hand grip... keep the forearm straight and don't break your wrist at the end of your swing...

Good luck with that....

Bob

• 9 months later...

Originally Posted by saevel25

So Lets say your hold your hand towards your chest, and you push your hand forward your arm begins to hurt? Its it just stiff or is there actually significant pain? Did youdo any exercising?

I know this is an old post... but this fits my pain exactly.  So what does it mean?  I am lefty... I'm sure that matters... It always does!!!  Oddly there is no pain when I am playing/swinging my clubs.

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted by TimMarino07

I know this is an old post... but this fits my pain exactly.  So what does it mean?  I am lefty... I'm sure that matters... It always does!!!  Oddly there is no pain when I am playing/swinging my clubs.

FWIW, it went away after some stretching and icing.

I'm guessing it was a pinched nerve or maybe a slight muscle pull.

Either way, if it doesn't go away after some "RICE" I'd go get it checked out.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Just happened to me! My first 18 Holes in a year. My big muscle underarm is completely bruised. The skin is red on the outside and gets darker by the day, day 2 1/2 now.

Pain only when I bend my wrist back or, stretch my arm straight, No Elbow!   

20 minutes ago, Juergen Straub said:

Just happened to me! My first 18 Holes in a year. My big muscle underarm is completely bruised. The skin is red on the outside and gets darker by the day, day 2 1/2 now.

Pain only when I bend my wrist back or, stretch my arm straight, No Elbow!   

Welcome to TheSandTrap, @Juergen Straub.  I'm afraid you won't get much response here, this thread is about 8 years old, but I hope you'll continue to contribute wherever you see something that interests you.

• iacas changed the title to Right Forearm Pain