IGNORED

Provision of torque tool with Titleist 910 range.

Note: This thread is 4754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Titleist should provide the Torque Tool and the Bezel Weight Kits free with Titleist fairways and hybrids in the 910 range?

• Yes - the Torque Tool and Weight Kits should be provided with all 910 clubs
    • No - leave the situation as it stands.

The torque tool which facilitates the adjustment of the heads of the Titleist 910 range of clubs iis only provided free of charge with the driver (D2 and D3) in the UK.

Even though the fairways, (F and Fd) and hybrids (H) use the same method of adjustment, it would appear that Titleist UK (and to a certain extent Titleist USA), take it for granted that the customer has already, (or is in the process of buying), bought the driver.

I think this is unfair.  The fairway cost me £199, the hybrid £185 with a £10 up-charge for the shaft, (for the simple reason there was no RIP variant).  It would have been nice if Titleist could have taken the hit on the shaft but by not providing the torque tool, I thought that was quite mean but with regard to the torque tools and bezel weights kits, I just don't understand where they are coming from in the way of maintaining good relations with their loyal customer base.

If I wanted to adjust the settings on either of these clubs, and I hadn't bought the driver, I would either have to send for the tool at extra expense, (goodness knows how much, but I bet its not cheap!), or take it back to the pro.  This rather defeats the object of the design intent.

Also if I decided that I could not get on with either of the clubs, I may have difficulty selling them on without a tool.

I have learned from the Titleist USA forum that any one purchasing a fairway or hybrid who hasn't already purchased a driver will have a tool provided for free .  This goes someway to appeasing but what if I decided to buy the driver at a later stage after I had bought the fairways or hybrid?  Would I forfeit the right to the free tool that comes with the driver?

I am also a bit peeved that you have to pay extra with regard to all clubs if you want to tinket with the weights.  A weight kit is available, (again, at extra cost), but having three clubs would mean that feasibly you would require three seperate weight kits to achieve matching swing weight between the three or more clubs.

Instead of selling the tool and the weight kits seperate, it would have been far better Titleist provide the weight kits with every club and include a torque tool, since it is the same tool that is used, then there would be no problem.

I am not certain, but I understand that there are other manufacturers out there now using similar technology but they actually provide the whole story, for instance Nike and the VR Pro and Taylor Made and their R11.  If anyone has these and are more aware than I, please correct me if I am wrong or simply confirm my suspicions.

Something needs saying to Titleist UK to persuade them that ripping their loyal customers off this is not best way to retain them.

I don't have any of the 910's, but from what I understand from my clubfitter is more like the hosel gives him th opportunity to adjust a 910 Driver, FW or Hybrid to the specs of a golfer during a fitting session and although it might be possible for the average hacker to tinker with the settings, it is not advised by Titleist.

It is more like bringing the Tour Van options to the local fitter than bringing it to the tinkering golfer.

I don't agree Titleist having to provide the tool and weights for free, it would make the product even more expensive or would be a waste of money as most golfers only need to get it optimised and not by personal trial and error......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I don't see why they should add the tool with every club. If I buy three Titleist clubs, I don't need three tools. They should sell them on the side instead and not include them with any club. I don't know if that would affect the price or not.

Have prices increased since they started adding tools to the clubs, or are the prices somewhat the same?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Socketeer

I have learned from the Titleist USA forum that any one purchasing a fairway or hybrid who hasn't already purchased a driver will have a tool provided for free .  This goes someway to appeasing but what if I decided to buy the driver at a later stage after I had bought the fairways or hybrid?  Would I forfeit the right to the free tool that comes with the driver?

So you'd like two free tools.......or possibly even three?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I did NOT buy a 910h specifically for this reason.  I am NOT going to pay big bucks for an adjustable club that I can not adjust !  WTF was Titleist thinking !

I couldn't care less, Set my woods a degree or two open and i'd never change them again. Same went with my 3 wood(R9), haven't ever changed the setting

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

With the driver, I think it should be included... the club is pricey enough and people like to tinker around with the big stick.  With the fairway woods, I think that it's fine without it considering that they are obviously cheaper than the driver and most people will make one adjustment and leave it.  On top of that, the shop where you got the club probably has one and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to adjust it.  You could always buy a tool from Titleist as well, they can't be much more than $20 I would think...

Look at it this way... assuming that the tools are $20, if I buy the driver, a 3w, and a hybrid you think that I should get three tools... If this was the case I'd be kind of upset and would want to only have one tool and get $40 back.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!