IGNORED

Walking With a Pull Cart

Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just stumbled across this site while researching push/pull carts. I just started playing again after 10 years, and have been biten by the bug. have a club in my hand most everyday, Before, after work and lunch when possible. I play a par 3 walking course Thursday nights with the boys, age 16 to 56. Most carry thier bags, and my buddy who is 42, I am 56, laughed when I bought a cheap $20 pull cart off Craiglist, but his clubs go in my bag EVERY time we walk. HMMMMMMMMMMMM, might be an ego thing. I am looking toupgrade the basic cart, want something with 3 or 4 wheels for stability, which is how I found my way here. Funny thing is, my buddy, the youngster has already offered me my $20 back when I get a new cart, cause he doesn't want to carry anymore. The lifting and twisting of picking it up and putting it down, (We both have cart bags) coupled with the bad falling over has made him see the light.

Golfsmith has a Tour Tek 3 wheeler for 119.00 plus Tax. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about or had any feedback on this cart?

Cool site, great info here!

• 2 months later...

I am considering the Clicgear 3.0. I have a cheapo pull cart that I use now, and for me it's way better than carrying, as far as my back and swing go. I think it's good for my game when I still have a good swing going into 15. Those last holes seem to be where I drop the most strokes, and even the pull cart I have now has helped lessen my fatigue level...

I just don't have the back to carry - it's a 2 wheel pull cart if I'm playing 9  holes (don't prefer push carts); electric cart if I'm playing 18.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only thing I don't like about 2 wheel pull carts is that they aren't that stable.  The one I have, and it's a cheap-o, has dumped my bag all over the fairway more than once just from hitting a bump, and any kind of incline is not a good place to leave it. I'm hoping the three wheel push variety will solve all that.

Originally Posted by eagles14

last year, I would very rarely walk without a pull cart. When I just got a new bag...i now never use a pull cart, and have seen a improvement in my game. So if you use a pull cart, I recommend you try using without once or twice.

Any input? Experiences?

Eagles 14

I walked exclusively for the first 1,500 rounds I played........that's about 7500 miles walked!!

IMO...a pull/push cart is good for the golf game.  It doesn't matter what your age.  Some people carried because there was a stigma against pullcarts back in the day...IE...as if you weren't a real player unless you carried, but I don't think that holds true anymore.  I've done both, and I highly recommend a pull/push cart for those who walk.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by inthehole

Funny, I much prefer a pull cart to a 3 wheel push cart with my bad back - just seems so much easier when walking up & down hills & uneven terrain...

Thats how I was too.....  I liked to pull mine.

funny sidenote:

I wore through a pull/cart a year!!  .......they kept wearing out and breaking!!  It wasn't until about my 4th pullcart that I finally spent extra for a super-heavy duty Bag Boy with old school round steel tubing that I had a cart with lasting ability.

I still have the bag boy today....it probably has 5,000 miles on it now and it's as good as new.  Sadly....I quit walking about 5yrs ago Annual memberships started including riding carts so that put an end to my walking career...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo

The opposite for me, carrying a bag caused lower back pain.  I went to the Clicgear 2.0, I can walk in a more natural position and push the cart and don't become as fatigued.  And probably that extra 50 lbs I'm packing around my mid-section isn't helping!!!

Same here.  I'm a relatively new golfer so I carried my golf bag one of my first times out.  My back was killing me by the 9th hole.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!