IGNORED

Are you "ball loyal" during a round?

Note: This thread is 4747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I only use Trispeed Tours, i love em and wont change. i used some zstar tour yellows the other month and still have 6 left on the shelf, I liked them but they burn a hole too big in my pocket.

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

I have a weird hang up about balls when I play and I know it can't make that big a difference, but I pop a new sleeve almost every time I walk onto the first tee. I'll play those 3 balls until they're all lost or until the round ends. If I'm playing badly enough to lose 3, I'll pull from my old/found balls to finish up. If the three balls survive, I'll drop them into the top pocket and pull them first should I need a new ball. The only time I changed things up was when I was playing some Srixon Z's, I played through each sleeve until they were all lost. They're more expensive than my usual balls, and I really wanted to see if they were a lot better. (They were) but I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting last week and figured I try their recommendation for a while, so I'l be playing E6's for the rest of this year more than likely.

No, I am not ball loyal and wil change during my round. I play everthing from tour level balls to Laddie Extrems, however I will not play Top Flight or Callaway Warbirds, just too hard IMO. I haven't found that the ball makes that big, if any difference in my scoring. Since most of my chipping is dead handed there is little difference between the balls on the green for me.

I'll usually pick out 3 balls out of my bag, sometimes all the same brand but not always.  Ill play those 3 until i lose them or they get too dirty or cut or scuffed(i.e. cart path) to keep using if there isnt a ball washer(many of the courses i play have few or none)  nearby.    I like those intech beta ti balls, about 50 cents each new and they go just as far as when i hit a $3 pro v1 or other premium ball that I find. It helps to have clean balls, they do go farther and fly straighter.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I am now. I bought 90 brand new Gamer v2s off of ebay for $85 and will only keep gamer V2s in my bag. I'll do that until I run out of these and gamer V3s come out. I've given away the other balls I find. Anyone know how much lostgolfballs et al will pay for the used balls we find?

Originally Posted by jgreen85

I am now. I bought 90 brand new Gamer v2s off of ebay for $85 and will only keep gamer V2s in my bag. I'll do that until I run out of these and gamer V3s come out. I've given away the other balls I find. Anyone know how much lostgolfballs et al will pay for the used balls we find?

Probably be better off just selling them yourself in say 24 or 36 ball lots,perhaps separating them by brand.  Im sure there may be players on this forum who might buy them, I think ive seen balls for sale a few times in the marketplace.  The only negative thing about buying and selling golf balls is the shipping costs.   If nothing else, sell them back to a local course that would eliminate the need to ship them.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

You'll only find Titleist Pro V1's in my bag. By using the same ball for every shot(Including practice) I'm able have a consistent feel and step up to every shot with confidence that my ball will perform the way I expect it to.

titleist.gif 910 D2 9.5* Aldila RIP 70titleist.gif906F2 15* Fujikura Speeder
titleist.gif ZM 3-P DG S300titleist.gifAP2 2iron Project X 6.0
titleist.gif 200:52.08 DG S300  SM 56.11 Project X 6.0  SM 60.07 DG S300 
                  cameron.gif California Series  Del Mar

Note: This thread is 4747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!