Sign in to follow this  
Skywalker

Ball on "another tee"

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 posts / 1286 viewsLast Reply

played this week and my playing partner hit his tee shot onto another teeing ground but not out of bounds ( ie, we were on the 3rd and his shot landed on the 5th tee), neither of us knew if he got free relief or not? or any rules regarding this matter?

My question is do you/is there any rule? it was only social golf but it would be handy to know for next time,

thanks very much =)

The teebox of another hole is "through the green" from your perspective. You don't get to treat it any differently than any other part of the fairway (local rules withstanding). Play it as it lies or replay the shot under penalty.

Yep, only the putting green of another hole has special status.  The teeing ground is just more grass.  (I was once under the mistaken belief that you also got relief from another teeing ground like you do for a putting green, but was corrected on this point through the forum...) so you have to play from there.

Originally Posted by Skywalker

thanks for the quick response! another rule I will know for the future! only been playing 5 months so I have a lot of rules to learn!

And by asking when you don't know, the rest of us get to learn from the responses.  I wasn't 100% sure of the rule myself a few minutes ago.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not that I ever thought there was anything wrong with it, but it was nice to have confirmation after doing it for years.

We have one hole that has 180 yard carry if you hit it straight, its shorter on the left - but there is a tree in the way. If you slice, chances are you are going to be wet.

We have always dropped on the seniors tee box instead of in the rough.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!