IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goal was to shoot in the 80's by the end of the summer. I started the year shooting high 90's on average and a good game being in the low 90's. The last couple of weeks I have posted 90, 89, 91, 92, 87 , 87 at different courses each time. I am almost there. The last round I was +9 after 15 holes then promptly destroyed my chances at a low 80's score by single, double , triple on the last three for the 87.

Here in CO. I have 6-8 weeks left to build on my consistancy.

2008 goal will be to shoot in the low 80's consistantly. ( chipping and putting )

Hopefully it will nto take 70 rounds like this summer has so far.. haha

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My short game has been great this summer, but I have been awful off the tee. My goal this fall is to consistently strike the ball well off the tee.
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

I live in Northern California, so I can essentially play all year; it will get a little cold and soggy, but the Scots who invented the game will say, "If there aye no wind, and there aye no cold, and there aye no rain, then there aye no golf."

So my goals before 5/31/08:
  • 60% of fairways (about 11 a round)
  • 60% of greens
  • sub- 10 handicap
  • increase distance by one club length (i.e. hit my 8-iron what I hit my 7-iron now)
  • Average fewer than 36 putts a round (<2 putt average)
  • Make sure my girlfriend doesn't break up with me because I golf too much. (this is a secondary goal)

What do you guys think? Do-able? I am a 14 handicap now and I will hit about 30-45% of my fairways and greens.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

Played my first full round ever this week, it was really fun but I definitely need some serious assistance with the full swing. I just started last month so my goals are pretty simple - learn how to hit the dang ball! So far I can pitch OK since I think it is the easiest stroke but pretty much everything else I need to learn :)
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

my goal is to recover 100% from left shoulder surgery. Focus and work hard every day during my rehab process.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Well, my goal was to knock 3 strokes off my game. On 1/1 I was a 15.8 handicap so as you can see I'm not quite there and probably will not make my goal since winter is not too far off here in CT. Earlier in the year was brutal, went through some struggles. Handicap was actually up to 17.0 at one point so I'm pleased with my recent progress.

Still a lot of golf left though, hopefully I can make a late season push, it would be nice to at least get down near 14.0.

Good luck to everyone.

My Goals for 2007

Swing: I'd like to cure my horrible off and on slice, and get more consistency in my swing

Handicap: Take 5 strokes off my best 9-hole score of 8 over. 10 strokes off my handicap. I've done it before, just not recently.

Other: Learn to be more patient and stop trying to rush my shots. I need to work on my course management skills as well, and study up on the rules of golf.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

2007 Goals

Shoot in the 80s

Continue with improved distance and accuracy on drives

But mainly....hit some greens from 150 yds in....mainly 120 in. I probably hit 20% or less. Its frustrating.

Also, lose the yips on chips!

Putting is generally pretty good....2 or less per hole....but may be skewed by chipping close after missing greens.

Good luck yall!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

my goal was to get my handicap below 3 so i could try to qualify for the mid-am,which I did.

As for my performance, I shot 87 and missed qualifying by 10 shots. I ended up getting paired with 2 guys who had no business playing in the qualifying. Neither of them posted a card and I doubt either broke 120. I guess that is part of the problem when you have qualifing at an exclusive private course.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

To shoot under 76 consistently, to be able to hit a fade with my driver, and to be able to leave all of lag putts under 4 feet of the hole.

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

To consistently shoot in the 80s and hit more GIRs.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

I like that "commit to each shot" - mentally
Finish the follow through on every swing
Get more confident/consistent with the long irons
Get handicap down to at least 15 (trending to 18 now, but need to be more consistently in the 80's)
Get out and play on a more consistent basis going forward
Finish more pars

To break 100. 112 and getting lower!
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

ok starting from now till next May - working on the following through the winter:

1. improve fitness - if i'm going to play better, need to be in better shape. Tiredness and fatigue should not be factors

2. mental game & preparation - read more golfing books, learn more about psychology of the game, practice mental skills off the course and try to keep the cool on the course.

3. work on the swing - never had a succession of lessons, just one here and one there. Go for a game with my home club Pro first, then see what he thinks i should work on. get one lesson a month with practice as much as possible in between.

4. short game - 100 yards in - increase my arsenal of shots from inside 100, not just lash a wedge. have shots for distances, and control the ball flight better.

Once i've worked on these factors I should be on course to set new goals for 2008 in December.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I wanted to get my handicap down to a 30 but that isn't going so well right now.

In the bag
Driver - Burner 460cc with Balistik Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Adams A4 3i
Hybrid Adams Golf Tight Lies 4 utility
Irons - Adams Golf Tight Lies 5-SW CG 12 52 degree 58 degree spin milled Classic #2 Putter

To bring my index down into the single digits, realistically in the 8-9 range.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!