IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goal is to get to a 9.4hcp by 2008, and I shot a 6 over on sunday and got down to 11.9, so im getting there (slowly).
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping in here late, but my goal for 2007 was to set a new personal best score and hopefully break 80 for the first time in the process.

My personal best (set in '06) is an 81 and my 9-hole personal best entering '07 was 39. So far this year I've tied the 81 twice but have yet to beat it. I did set a new 9-hole best with a 37. I also shot what was probably my most consistent round of golf ever with 9 pars and 9 bogies.

I'm running out of time to find the elusive 70s this season

In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

I don't know if I've posted this in here yet or not.....

I'd like to consistently have a mid-80's score, and I'd like to break my personal best 82 by springtime....And cure my slice.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Work on my swing consistency & accuracy.

In my Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 10.5° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D3 RF Graphite

3-Wood: TaylorMade r7 Ti 15° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D2 RF Graphite

3-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 21° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

4-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 24° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

5-9: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D3 RF Steel

PW: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D4 RF Steel

AW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 50°, 6° Bounce WF Steel

SW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54°, 10° Bounce WF Steel

LW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 58°, 8° Bounce WF Steel

P: TaylorMade Rossa Daytona1 AGSI®+ 32” Blade

My goals for Fall 07:
Continue to groove swing changes between now and Thanksgiving. This means taking some clubs on the road and finding new practice places in New Orleans and Denver.

My specific goal, to get to a range 3 times a week and groove groove groove. I want to get the 8i to 85% (13/15) correct trajectory and line before moving on to another club -2h--then PW, then Driver, then SW.

I want to be smarter at these practice sessions, warm up slowly and make the FIRST swing exactly what I am working toward, rather than whacking away until I figure out that I am trying to do something new.

• 2 weeks later...
get used to my superquad

swing more inside so that i reduce unintentional fades/cuts/slices

putt better

score mid 90s before the year end

i think i can do these, because finally i have the right set of clubs and the right set of knowledge for my current level

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

Ok its been one year now and I've got down to a 9.4. This next year, I would like to get down to a 4. I know that's a tough goal, but I figure its better to aim high and see what happens. If I could learn to putt better I'd be there already. Shot a 74 last week with 34 putts.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Play an entire round with 1 ball (not loose it).

One was to break 90, which I've been very happy about doing with 2 scores of 85 this month.

G5 driver
X 3w
Big Bertha '07 5w
MX-25 4-GW
Kite Custom 56* SW Karsten Anser 2 GROM stand bag

hopefully be scratch but its getting late in canada and its lookin shady right now

In My Bag
Driver - Tour Burner TP 9.5 Whiteboard
3 wood - R7 TP 17.5 Fuji
Hybrid - Rescue Tp 19 deg
Irons - Titleist 695 MB Project X 7.0 Wedges - 52, 56, 60 TP Z Smoke Putter - Scotty Cameron - Studio Newport Balls - Pro V1 X

• Administrator

Results thread is now active: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8341

I'm going to close this thread because, well, the year is just about over. If you're setting goals now, just wait for our official 2008 thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!