IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to get to a 7 handicap by the end of the season. I need to practice my short pitch shots to get there!

It is snowing here again today!!! I HATE WINTER!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To walk 18 holes without any pain... and to get my handicap below a 3.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Consistantly break 100.

side note.. do you guys have a site where you keep your stats after each round so you know how your putting and gir/fairways hit are progressing?

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I would like to be in the single digits handicap this year. I am a 13 right now so I have some work to do. If I can get my short game back to where it was a couple of years ago I think I can do it.

By the way, Tar Dawg, golf digest offers a handicap service that you can track stats on, fairways ,gir and putts. Its free just go to there website.

In the bag:
Driver- Ping g5
Cobra ss 3 wood
Adams 21deg. 7 wood
Cobra s9 irons 4-gw Cleveland 56 and 60 deg cg 10 wedges Nike Oz mallet. The first one.

My goal this summer is to be the points leader of the Golf Channel Amateur Tour - Orlando and place in the 10 ten of the National Championships. I won my first event and am 9th in the points after one event. I also want to be competitive in the Florida State Amateur, Mid-Am, Match Play and Public Links.

At my level it's all about turning a 76 into a 72, and turning a 72 into a 68. To accomplish these goals, I have implemented a practice schedule that has me concentrating 75% of my practice time on the wedges, short game and putting and the rest of the time on the full swing. After all, 75% of my strokes are played from 150 yards or less. I am also developing a better pre-shot routine and strengthening my mental game. To play like a pro, you have to think like a pro!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Knock 3 strokes off my game. I was able to do it last year and hopefully I can do it again this year.

Specifically, I need to improve my iron game. If I can just make my misses a little more manageable, I think I can reach my goal.

Good luck everyone.

In addition to what I've posted before, my goal is to regularly hit 300 yard drives by this summer. I right now hit about 270 when I catch it good, and I'm working out at the gym five times a week (to get in shape as well...)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My goal this summer is to be the points leader of the Golf Channel Amateur Tour - Orlando and place in the 10 ten of the National Championships. I won my first event and am 9th in the points after one event. I also want to be competitive in the Florida State Amateur, Mid-Am, Match Play and Public Links.

That's awesome man, best of luck to you.

make my high-schools golf team as a freshman = almost impossible
play in junior tourneys

MAKE MONEY

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

As I have only just returned to golf, my aim is to get back to the levels I was at when i was 16 (played off 8), I am now 33 and have not hit a ball in between then and now. I have been back playing for about a month and the only thing that seems to be lacking in my game is consistancy and a little bit of confidence. Hopefully that should all come back with time.

So the aim is single figures by the years end.

Where I live we get 12 months of perfect weather for golf so there is no need to have a six month break like some of the lads in the Northern US states.

Bring on the challenge.

My other aim is to get my wife her first handicap and maybe play a few mixed comps with her. She only picked up her clubs for the first time a month ago and seems to be loving it and playing quite well. I can see great things for her as she has a very natural swing.

Good luck with all those goals people, and if you want to play more golf at a lot cheaper price visit Australia!! We love visitors and if you play well we'll probably buy you a beer!

Cheers guys, swing happy

BigDog (Jase)

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

GOAL 1) COMPLETE SHORT GAME OVERHAUL - This actually started at the end of last season and has been a work in progress over the winter. I ran across an older DVD "Digital Golf" by Simon Holmes. I really like his chipping method and so far I've seen a significant improvement. As for putting, I've always been a streaky putter, but my most consistant weakness has been lag putting. So I'll be working hard to get that under control.

GOAL 2) BREAK 70 - It's been a while since I've done this with family and job commitments taking up most of my time in the past 8 years. Now with the kids a little older I have more time to focus and work on my game. I'm signed onto The Golf Digest Challenge. It seems to be a good program to help focus on what needs improvement. My current Long Game Handicap is -1, but my Short Game Handicap is a bloated +17, which explains the need for the short game overhaul!

Accomplishing Goal 1 will bring GOAL 2 within reach!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• 2 weeks later...
At the beginning of the year my handicap was a 24 and I wanted to drop it to at least an 18 or so. Well in about a month I'm already a 19.5, so I think I need to amend that. I'd say as of right now, my goals for the season are to be mid 80's on good days at my home course (69.9, 120). I'd like to break 40 for 9 at least a few times, and overall improve my sand play. It's really the only aspect of my game that is TOTALLY horrible.

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

#1 - Play and practice every weekend until the weather won't allow it

#2 - Continue to focus on each shot and stay committed to my pre-shot routine

#3 - Eliminate the holes where I take 3-4 flubbed chips to get on the green

#4 - Walk more, ride less

#5 - Get my scoring average into the high 70s

#6 - Play every round in under 4 hours

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My goals for 2007 are:
  1. Play at least two rounds per week
  2. Practice at least twice a week
  3. Improve my driving
  4. Play bogey golf consistently
If I do the first three I know the fourth will fall into place.

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!