IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goals for 2007 are:

1. Spend a bare minimum of six hours per week at the driving range.
2. Chip 100 balls (from ten yards) at home each day (3000 per month).
3. Putt 100 balls (from six feet) at home each day (3000 per month).
4. Focus the first half of the year on six foot putts, and chipping and pitching from around the green.
5. Focus the second half of the year on keeping the ball in the fairways 60% - 80% of the time.
6. Lower my putts per round from 38 to 32.
7. Make time to play golf at least once per week.

Since January, I have spent six hours a week at the driving range....and it shows on the course. 60% of my drives are in the fairway and almost 60% of my fairway shots land on the green. My putts per round now average 34. And my up and down averages are around 50%.

Last week, I just shot my first sub par round of golf since I was 18 years old. I was hoping to shoot a 69, however, I became anxious and blew it on a few holes. So, I ended up with a one under par 71.

My goal for this year is to shoot in the high sixties at least once. Since it's only May and I have broken par once aleady (an shot even par a few times), I believe I am right on track.

Roy Harris

What's in my bag:

Driver: Taylormade Super Quad, Diamana shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized grips
Fairway: Nickent 4DX, Diamana shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized grips
Irons: Cleveland TA 2, TT S300 shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized gripsWedges: Cleveland, TT S300 shaft, Winn G8 V17 Oversized gripsPutter: Scotty...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My goal is to reach singles figures for first time ever and be at 8 by end of season. Got off to a flyer and reached 9.0 in first couple weeks of season,( 1st goal achieved) but it didn't last long and am up to 9.5. I'll get there again though.

Other goal/promise is to back from a shot when i know i'm going to hit it crap. Sounds easy, but we all do it. We don't feel comfortable or have poor swing thought but instead of backing off go ahead and hit it with predictable results.

Having been doing my best to stick to it and do think it is making a difference.

Final goal is to get putts to the hole. Short a lot on putts so am now aimimg to be past hole. If it aint up, it aint in. Never a truer statement has been said.

G5 Driver
G2 3 & 5 Wood
i5 3 - PW Irons
52 tour wedge
56 tour wedge Putter Pro VI ball bag

Well my goals for this season are like everyone elses. I started the season at a 6.8 index, and since have climbed up to a 9.0 that's puts my cap up 2 strokes. Not the start I wanted, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. My fairways hit are climbing steadily and with that the greens in reg will improve also. So my goals for 2007 are : Cap down to a 4 or lower, fairways hit 65%, greens in reg. 65%, Scrambling 50%, Putting 1.67/hole (30 putts) Driving distance 280+(I use a sky caddie to check my distance on every shot). I am going to play in at least 2 tournaments this year and I would like to win my flight in both. The one bright spot so far this year has been my sand play, overall I'm 57% for sand saves and 6 for my last 6. I'm quiet happy with that.

Get rid of the 1-2 blowup holes that I consistently have every round.
Bring my putt average down 2 strokes to 31.
Have my handicap stay in the 13's instead of the 14s.

Not repeat my par 4 in 1 and walk away with a bogey (great fun for everyone else though).

Enjoy the game and relax.

I am a complete golf newbie but cant get enough of it. No handicap yet but looks like it will start in the low 20's. Depends how I play tomorrow. Goals are to get consistency (still playing a series of pars then a blow out 8!) and handicap into the teens. Also want to play interclub. Will reassess at the end of the year.

I'm hoping to break 75 some time by the end of the summer. I'm also hoping to put up some pretty impressive scores when I fill in for people this summer at my local course's mens league. There is also a family reunion that I really want to shoot well at where actual score really doesn't matter all that much in terms of who wins it but it still helps.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Goals for 2007:

1. At the driving range, focus more on practicing rather than just hitting as many buckets as I can.

2. Play at least 12 rounds this year. I've already played 5 rounds, so I think I'm at a good pace.

3. Shoot a round between 80-85 and lower my handicap. Before I quit the first time, I used to shoot that consistently. I would like to get there again.

4. Enjoy the time I'm out there playing. I hate slow play. So what I do to reduce the chances of groups pushing behind us, I run to my ball and don't really think the shot through. I do this even if the group ahead is playing slower than us. I need to just take my time and relax.

5. Continue to love the game and improve from the year prior. Years past, I started to hate golf. I was naive enough to think that I didn't need to practice and that my "game" would just come to me. Then I would go out there and have the same results...lousy shots and high scores. I figure, if I just stick with it I'll be better than I was last year.

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

1. From June 1st til September 5th, play 70 rounds of golf.

2. Consistently break 40 on my home course.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Get rid of blow up holes 1 or 2 per round

Think and commit to every shot I make. Sometimes when I set up I continue to hit the ball even though it doesnt feel right and almost always end up hitting the worse shot of my round, then try an impossible shot to recover hence blow up holes.

Commit to one swing. Seem like every Sunday I try to emulate the player who won the tournament on tv. I just want to stick to what I have right now which currently works and be consistent with it.

If I am able to do all of this, then my main goal of scoring in the 80's this year should be accomplished and lower my handicap to about 16 from 18 right now

What's in the Bag

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425
5 Wood: Cleveland Launcher
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual #3Irons 3 thru p: Titleist 690 CBWedges: Taylor Made TP 54 degrees Putter: Ping Anser

Play more often, choose the higher % shot (better course mgt.) and improve my lag putting.
FT-5 tour 10.5
Tour lp 14.5
Halo 22
BB 04 5 iron thru pw Black nickel tour 54CG11 58White hot tour rossie 34

Well its halfway through the year but in the next six months i'm hoping to;
-Get my handicap down to 10-12
-Stop throwing clubs
-Repair every pitch mark i see even if its not mine
-Stay calm during every round i play
-Enjoy my golf
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Well its halfway through the year but in the next six months i'm hoping to;

Id like to sort out the eraticness of my drives.i can drive quite long distances but everytime i drive there are 3 possible end results. either straight and long, or really low and long on a 45degrees to the left, or one that starts off straight,goes really high and then slices viciously right.

irons arent bad im still getting used to my new ones. that will come putting is fine,always has been, havent 3 putted in weeks now.

in the bag-
R7 425cc
Halo 2i
R7 irons
X tour wedge 2-ball putter balls

I just started playing again about 2 weeks ago, so my only goal is to play a lot.

The Bag: Hoofer Vantage (Black on Blue)
In the bag...
Driver: X460
5 Wood: Zing 2
7 Wood: Zing 2Irons: X20 Steel ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport Detour

my goal is to get my hcap into single figures by the end of the year, and to not put like a tool. but i wont be soon - getting a new putter

Driver: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium 10.5*
Woods: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium - Hybrid,3,5
Irons: Dunlop X-Ti - 4,5,6,7,8,9
Wedges: Dunlop Tour Wedges - SW, PW, LW
Putter: Tour Special, Pin Sight 111Ball: Titleist Pro V1

My goals are to stop three and four putting (I average at least 2 each a round), and to stop having blowup holes.

I could be scratch if I did that.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

another one of my goals is to figure out how to get rid of this newbie member thing (I'm guessing it will go with time?) and also to figure out how to add an In the bag section. Anyone have any pointers?

The Bag: Hoofer Vantage (Black on Blue)
In the bag...
Driver: X460
5 Wood: Zing 2
7 Wood: Zing 2Irons: X20 Steel ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport Detour

1.) Score an eagle - done
2.) Break 80 - pending
3.) Go a round without going OB or Hazard - pending
4.) Go a round with no 3 putts - close

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Note: This thread is 6027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!