IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know I am a bit late because it is already June but here are my goals for this year:

1. Find a putter that I really like and stick with it

2. Work on getting up and down more consistently ( I don't hit as many GIR as I would like so this is important for my game)

3. Commit practice time to putting, I always say I am going to work on putting but then I just go hit balls, this has to stop!

4. Find a home course

5. Quit thinking that my equipment is what is preventing me from being a better player, this is an intangible goal but important none the less...

6. Shoot a round in the 70s

my best round ever is an 80 and I really want to break through to the 70s...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Break 80. Over the last few weeks I have started shooting low 80's and it's made me hungrier more than ever to improve my game.

2. Practicing my putting more. I continue to neglect such an important part of the game.

3. Stop trying to bludgeon my 3 Iron on Par 5 second shots and constantly topping the ball 100 yards down the fairway when a nice easy swing would have send it double.

4. Win my social golf club's Order of Merit. I am currently leading but my handicap going down from 18 at the start of the year to 14, means less chance of winning rounds. Need to make sure I pick up bonus points for longest drives, approaches and NTP's.

5. Learn the rules. Can anyone recommend a really good book?

Play a round on 12/31/2007 and wake up 1/1/2008 and make my tee time.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

i want to shoot an 89 or less. i have got a 93 and a 92 this year, they are my lowest scores so far.

pay my credit card company the money i owe them for financing my nike sumo2 driver, cleveland launcher LP irons, and my season green fee pass.

put an end to the 7s and 8s that destroy a good round for me.

play with more of my friends instead of the same ones all the time.

figuring out a way to hit out of the sand.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I know i have already posted on nthis thread but by the end of the year i also want to hit my driver a bit better. I have the Cobra X-speed which is for fast swingers & my golf coach gave me a new swing for my irons but every now and then i use that swing with my driver & that swing is a bit to slow for my driver and i hit a snap hook if i swing to slowly with it. If i do a good swing with my driver i can hit a 220m drive with a slight draw.
So i want to get that sorted.
I also want to get my chipping & pitching sorted, i get alot of spin when i pitch & most of the time i wont attack the pin and end up 6 or 7 metres short of the pin. With chipping alot of the time i opt to use my 60* to chip with and its the wrong club i need to get more confidence with my 56*, PW & 9 iron to chip/bump-&-run with.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

improve my putting... I'm called a sandbagger at my course and people are just plain afraid to play matches against me...

I was a very low handicapper as far as 12 years ago and having not touched a club after a 10 year hiatus, I've become a 10 handicap in the last 2 years...

I shoot anywhere from 74-84, but my tee to green game is always consistent. around 12-16 greens in regulation. I have a horrible putting problem... I would say that there are 5-6 times a round in which I completely misread the green and 3 putt. I rarely 1 putt.

I'd like to reduce this to no 3 putts on average and multiple birdies a round. my ball striking and shaping of shots is there. I'd like to have the putting to go along with it.

905R YS-6+ 9.5*
904F YS-6+ 15* & 19*
MP-60 3-PW S300
MP-R 52* S300
MP-R 56* S300 Blade Centre Shaft Hot 2 TP-Red

I know I'm a bit late here, but I would like to:

1. Become more positive about golf, stop getting in my own way by becoming frustrated with myself over a bad shot. (It's okay to be annoyed but I have to put it behind me when it's time to play my next shot).

2. Find a putter that I feel comfortable with and stick with it instead of flip-flopping more than John Kerry.

3. Break 80. (I shot 80 yesterday after missing about a 15 footer for a 79 and oh boy it was frustrating.)
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

1) Break 90 a few times (only done it once and that was last year).
2) Increase length off the tee (doing well in that area at the moment).
3) Get handicap down (started the year with 23 and I´m doing well there).
4) I have to improve on putting, too often I´m too short or just there.

Sorry for the late response but I just joined you guys a few days ago. Golf on!

Driver: Smooth 9° E160 regular.
3 wood: Fast 10 15° Wasabi regular.
Hybrid: Fybrid 19.5° V2 regular.
Irons: Ci7 4-GW regular steel.
SW: CG10 56°.Putter: White Hot XG Marxman Mini 34".The rest of my set is still work in progress....

I'd love to break 40.. I've only golfed about 6 or 7 times, all this summer, and I went from a 66 to a 47.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Improve Driving Consistency - Work on swing tempo to create a consistent trajectory and shot pattern. I tend to progressively swing faster as the round goes on leading to a different shot throughout the whole round. Distance isn't a problem so I am going to try to slow things down and maintain a consistent tempo hopefully leading to greatly increased accuracy.

Regain Scoring Zone Putting - Over the last 5 years this has been the best part of my game (puts within 20 feet especially within 10 feet), however throughout the beginning of this season I have been struggling.

100 Yards and Under - This has actually greatly improved since last year and even since the beginning of this year, but it hasn't shown due to the aforementioned putting problems.

Defend Club Championship Title - I won our club championship for the first time last year and would like to at least put in a good effort in defending it. There are a few new good golfers at the club and it should make for a good tournament.

Add a Hybrid - Pretty self explanatory... I want determine the best way for me to incorporate a hybrid into my bag to fill the gap between my longest iron and my 4-wood.

My summer goal:

Shoot in the 70's consistently

If I can do this then I can feel confident enough to go out for golf at my college and know I can go to a course I have never been to before and shoot in the 70's/low 80's

I am about a 22 handicapper, but really feel I am a better golfer. My swing is finally coming together and I feel I am in good shape to shoot some low scores. I have never beaten my father, so that is my first goal. My second for the year is to break 80.

Good luck to all!

In My Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R540
4 Wood: Cleveland Launcher
Irons: Cobra SS-i OversizePutter: Ping Ball: Srixon

I’m fairly new to the sport and my first goal is to shoot constantly under 100. But its going up and down and I am very inconsistent .Best this summer was 43 (only played 9) and worst was 65 and 59 this week. I played when I was kid but have never had any instructions.

All the best, Bird

All the best, Bird

Irons Big Bertha (4-W)
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54°/58°
Hybrid, Heavenwood (4H) Fairway Wood Big Bertha (5W)Driver: X 460 Putter 2 Ball (SRT)

I only started playing golf at Chrismas and in April I got my first handicap of 36. I have already cut it by seven strokes so my goal for Chrismas is to have it below 20.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

Keep drives in the fairway-The second round i played this year, i hit something like 2/9 fairways and left after that. My sixth time playing this year, i hit 7/9 fairways with one 250+ drive with a little draw straight down the middle. Back nine came around and i hit 3/9. Wonderful! Need to work on that.
Add major distance to every club-I am still young (mid teens) and have great height (6'2"). I am also relatively strong. Never taken lessons so swing is flawed but i will definately take lessons this year. I hit my 7 iron like 125-130 average. Driver is only 200. Every once in a while i crush a shot, so i know that i CAN do it. I think that i should hit my drives 220+ on average, so i'll strive to add 15 yds to my irons through the season.
Get rid of stupid fade-Naturally i have a fade which limits my distance. I want to turn it into a draw (through lessons and practice). Some times the fade turns into a slice on a few shots and screws me up.
Get up and down more often- Last year, i can remember two up and downs. I would like to get that to at least two per round. Maybe this is a stupid goal but i will work on it. I have consistently worked on my short game. Much better putter than a year ago. Just need to put it all together.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

My goal is to be a solid single-digit index. Right now, I'm at a 9.9, but that's with only 12 recorded rounds (four of those rounds are actually eight 9-hole rounds from my golf league). I'd like to have my full best 10-of-20 rounds index come out to single-digits.

Also, I really want to break 80 at my dad's home course ( http://lccgolfny.com ). I've actually dropped a 35 on the back nine once, after a 45 on the front....TWICE! They just redid the back nine and I'm headed there next weekend.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Ok, what to say:

Hit atleast 15 yards farther - No suprise to anyone, but I do need more distance to keep face with my high school team, where they consistantly bomb the ball 260-270. I'm at 245 right now.

Play more often - More practice equals a better game. That's my quote.

Be more consistant with iron shots - At this point almost the worst part of my game. I need to get straighter with long irons and be able to control and spin my short irons better.

Overhaul my putting stroke - The worst part of my game. I'd be a stratch player if my stroke was better. I haven't had the instruction or time to practice this, so only practice fixes it.

Make it to regionals on my high school team - I missed out on this by about 7-8 strokes last year, and I want this year to be different.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!