IGNORED

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)

Jonnydanger81
Note: This thread is 2558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone know where he posts videos these days? The ones on his website are really old. Regards Mailman

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/drh3xc6Haek[/VIDEO] He has a decent swing, just lacks power in my opinion.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Lihu. Be interesting to see if he has a "pretty" range swing and then a completely different golf course swing? :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

• Administrator
He has a decent swing, just lacks power in my opinion.

He doesn't turn.

I also like how in two weeks he has "a new swing."

WARNING!! WARNING!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2196#post_1080896"] He has a decent swing, just lacks power in my opinion.[/QUOTE] He doesn't turn. I also like how in two weeks he has "a new swing." WARNING!! WARNING!!!

Didn't even notice that. No wonder why his swing looks like it's lacking power.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Funny I was just looking at this analysis he had done in 2012 and his swing looks almost the same to me. Just skip to 3:45

His new swing looks less vertical, but less turn than his 2012 one. Interesting how nearly 2 years of working at this every single day has brought him so little progress.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

His new swing looks less vertical, but less turn than his 2012 one. Interesting how nearly 2 years of working at this every single day has brought him so little progress.

Well as pullfade mentioned some posts ago, he doesn't really work on his swing.

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2196#post_1080968"]   His new swing looks less vertical, but less turn than his 2012 one. Interesting how nearly 2 years of working at this every single day has brought him so little progress. [/QUOTE] Well as pullfade mentioned some posts ago, he doesn't really work on his swing.

I don't understand Dan's mentality. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I don't understand Dan's mentality. . .

Well my take is that Dan is kind of living in a dream world, he seems to think he has a pro level swing and he just lacks the mental game.

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2196#post_1080990"] I don't understand Dan's mentality. . .[/QUOTE] Well my take is that Dan is kind of living in a dream world, he seems to think he has a pro level swing and he just lacks the mental game.

Yeah, true. Amazing he has so many followers.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yeah, true. Amazing he has so many followers.

Well I think that is slowly beginning to die out. You can only keep telling people your handicap is dropping and follow it up with high tournament scores for so long.

I wish I could stay down like he does, but alas that is something I am still working on. I do, however, have quite a bit of power that he lacks as well as consistency so I'll take it.

Well I think that is slowly beginning to die out. You can only keep telling people your handicap is dropping and follow it up with high tournament scores for so long.

What if he was telling the truth and told people he was going in the wrong direction... he would most likely lose followers anyways so why not throw out the integrity.

What if he was telling the truth and told people he was going in the wrong direction... he would most likely lose followers anyways so why not throw out the integrity.

Im not so sure, if he was posting that his swing is simply not where it needs to be and he needs a rebuild. Then post videos / blogs of him doing 9-3's etc. day after day, hour after hour and actually put in the work he would keep some people interested.

He doesn't turn.

I also like how in two weeks he has "a new swing."

WARNING!! WARNING!!!

I see his hips stall on the backswing at about half way up.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2142#post_1079374"]   This is more like it. Also bonuses like a free BT speaker, lesson, etc...  [URL=http://www.prouknow.com/campaigns/mike-drake-2015]http://www.prouknow.com/campaigns/mike-drake-2015[/URL] [/QUOTE] Interesting. Do you know Mike Drake?

No, just saw the link in a Tweet. [quote name="garybbq" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2190#post_1081010"][QUOTE name="GHIN0011458" url="/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer-dan-mclaughlin/2196#post_1081004"]   What if he was telling the truth and told people he was going in the wrong direction... he would most likely lose followers anyways so why not throw out the integrity. [/QUOTE] Im not so sure, if he was posting that his swing is simply not where it needs to be and he needs a rebuild. Then post videos / blogs of him doing 9-3's etc. day after day, hour after hour and actually put in the work he would keep some people interested.   [/quote] There is a lot of time between posts of his swing. And not many or any of slow deliberate like practice swings. He talked about feel ain't real. Why not demonstrate it? That would open the eyes of a lot of hackers out there. I'm going to say something controversial and I emphasize that I am only conjecturing. But it just doesn't seem like he's working that hard. It seems like the slacker hipster ironic 10K plan. I also admit I'm biased by the Portland stereotype.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You're not the only one who thinks he's a slacker. Most people serious about golf the way he states are really hard workers. The naturally talented people I know are really working hard at it. Dan has no idea how good are the people he is competing against, even playing at those tournaments he attended.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!