IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

Titleist - without a doubt. Only non-Titleist club in my bag right now is a Nike Ignite 410. Otherwise it's Titleist all the way, wouldn't give up my wedges or putter for anything.
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Tour, Aldila NV-75 Green
3-wood: Nike Sasquatch, Stock Diamana
Irons: Nike Pro Combo Forged, Stock Speed Step
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 54*,60*
Putter: Titleist/Cameron Red X2Ball: Nike One BlackHome Course: Germantown Country Club

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TITLEIST.

If it was just irons, I would pick the irons I have now. Yonex ADX Tours from like 10 years ago. I absolutely love these irons! I have had 4 sets of them to date....Ive also owned a ton of other new sets of irons along the way, but I always fall back on these irons.

Titleist.

Mizuno is a close 2nd as I love their irons, but I couldn't part with my 905 and am currently switching to Vokey wedges. Also, the set before my Pro-II's were Titleist DCI's and I know that Titleist makes solid irons as well.

I think from driver to putter Titleist makes the best clubs.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

hands down titleist. i play the 962s, the 905T, 2 of 3 wedges are Vokeys, my hybrid is titleist and my putter is as close to the cameron studio design 2.5 as you can get - i'm willing to take donations for this one .

I don't play their fairway woods (although i've got those) because I hit my Ping I2 3-wood far too well. I am waiting for them to make a 18/19 degree wood hybrid to throw in my bag.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Titleist..

Best Wedges and Fairway Woods.

Irons: MacGregor.
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

• Administrator
Titleist..

You can't mix, that's the whole point!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mizuno doesn't have TP Mills for putters anymore - So I'd have to mix up my bag.

But if that's not allowed then I suppose I'd be going Titleist

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

My current bag has a TaylorMade in it, but the rest is Titleist. I'm really giving these 735s a workout...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd have to say Taylormade in the following setup

R7 TP 9.5°
V-Steel 15°
Rescue TP 19°
RAC Hybrid Iron (Japan Issue) 22°
5-PW LT (original)
RAC Y-Cutter 51°, 56°, 60°
Mezza Monza

• 3 weeks later...
I use mostly Taylor Made.. I don't really care about brand to be honest. I use what looks good and feels good to me.

Driver: 510TP 7.5º Speeder 757 X flex
Fairway wood: Sonartec 13º stock shaft Stiff.
RescueTP 16º DG S-400 stock shaft
Irons: 3-pw Taylor Made TP combo set
54º Rac Black
60º Cleveland CG10
Putter Scotty Cameron 2002 Studio Design 1

I have only ever used 3 sets of irons. 1983 MacGregor MT ColorChrome Copper face irons. 2-PW, Calaway Bobby Jones Blades 2-PW and my current set.. I figure is about 6,7 years Ill get a new set. I don't change clubs to often. I do change Drivers about every 3 years..I replace my wedges every other year. Every year If I play alot.

I use mostly Taylor Made.. I don't really care about brand to be honest. I use what looks good and feels good to me.

No, the question is "

If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose? "

A bit different to everybody elses choices.

But judging by what clubs in my bag i hit my best shots with, i would go with the La Jolla knife series.

I have the 3 & 5 woods, and these i hit shots i could never dream about with my old woods.

To be fair though, ive not tried titliest irons and woods, well besides to 260.04 Wedge i have. The feel of this wedge though is great, and i look forward to saving the money to be able to have a go with a set :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some more discussion FWIW. If I absolutely had to stick with one company's clubs it would again be Titleist. The only gripe I've got with them which should soon be remedied is that they don't have an answer to the hybrid question. My current set up performs well and looks great to my eye. I like the whole Titleist image too. Golf snob = good.

I'm sure I could easily find a Scotty to replace the my Olivia putter even though she would be sorely missed . I'm looking forward to the release of the 905R, Titleist's contribution to the VW Bug on a stick driver. From what I hear it sets up nicely and doesn't look too big at address, but we'll see. So I have plenty of reason to stay with these sticks.

I have a major need for wood shaft upgrade. I am way to strong for these regular shafts... wish I'd have gone with stiff-flex to start with.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
The only gripe I've got with them which should soon be remedied is that they don't have an answer to the hybrid question.

As you say, yes, that'll change soon. Technically the 503.H is a hybrid, of course, but an iron-like one and not a wood-like one.

I'm sure I could easily find a Scotty to replace the my Olivia putter even though she would be sorely missed

I'm sure you could as well. I should have brought the Futura Phantom for you to try... if you like mallets.

I'm looking forward to the release of the 905R, Titleist's contribution to the VW Bug on a stick driver.

Well now, the R is said to be just an upgraded (larger) T, and I seem to recall you have a T now... So it really may not do too much differently.

I have a major need for wood shaft upgrade. I am way to strong for these regular shafts... wish I'd have gone with stiff-flex to start with.

You're going with hickory?

Your irons are "R" also, aren't they? Yeah, I kinda wish I'd asked more questions or looked at video before I sent out all the orders for ya... you're nowhere near an R.

Yeah, the whole freaking set it R... live and learn. I'll upgrade as much of that as I can. I'll probably end up re-shafting the woods first and wait till I win the lottery for the rest of the set.

I got fitted at Puetz golf and in retrospect I see they didn't take me seriously or didn't know what the crap they were talking about. I was right on the line between regular and stiff and they recommended regular based on a few swings with a five iron. They didn't even have me swing a driver and I didn't know any different at the time. Ugggghhh!

As for hickory, I think we should be playing the game as it was meant to be played... hickory shafts and nickers... er, not.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• 3 weeks later...
Mizuno for me. No Bridgestone up there though.

I'd consider Hogan, but now that they're Callaway, I don't know, kinda loses the Hogan mystique.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 7 months later...
Taylor Made- number 1 driver, number 1 FW, number 1 Irons, number 1 rescues on the PGA tour.. I think if the best players in the world pick TM then there ok in my book too.. Oh ya I will suffer and use the wedges and putters too..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Taylor Made- number 1 driver, number 1 FW, number 1 Irons, number 1 rescues on the PGA tour.. I think if the best players in the world pick TM then there ok in my book too.. Oh ya I will suffer and use the wedges and putters too..

I don't understand why you'd say that using their wedges and putters equals to suffering... the rac y-cutters are sweet, as far as feel, look and spin goes - compete with any of the top wedges out there. Putters are very decent too - and priced much better than the over-hyped Scotty's products. My bag is 100% TM and I don't feel the pain you're talking about

Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!