IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

I wouldn't give up my vokey wedges so it would have to be Titleist!!

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have my whole bag full of nike clubs.

Driver: I love their new square head driver, look good.
Wood: I tried their squash before, not a big driver.
Iron: If it is good enough for Casey, shouldn't be a problem.
Wedge: This isn't a strong sector for Nike, but will not have problem using it
Putter: Their new putter design and weight seem to suit me.
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

Had used Pings, Titleist, PRGR, Maruman & Mizuno. But settled for Tourstage & now I'm pretty much satisfied with what I have presently & would most likely not try any other brand.

What's in the bag:
Tourstage 405 X-Drive driver w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
Tourstage F-UT 3 wood w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
PRGR 7 wood hybrid Graphite Design Pershing shaft
Tourstage X-blade irons w/ NSPro 950GH shaftsNike Tiger Woods model SWVintage Scotty Cameron Mizuno putterBall:...

• 1 month later...
Straight up Nicklaus. (As if you couldn't tell from my Avatar)

Clay Long is one of the best designers out there, and he is really making some good clubs over there.

The dual slot wedges are really smooth and the new drivers really feel solid.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

What seems like ages ago I picked TM, mainly because I loved their woods, and I still do. But now I have to go with Golfsmith. If you are not afraid to stray from the big names then Snake Eyes clubs are the way to go.

Oddly, I voted for Titleist. I don't think I've ever owned a Titlest club being the reason I say "oddly". I think of all the clubs I've ever had, my favorite irons were Ping Eye2+ and my 2nd favorite were PowerBilt Citation forged blades. My favorite driver was a Crane Ena (at least that's what I think it was -- it is long gone). It was my first "large" driver though nowadays it would be tiny. Probably, I just don't think I'm a good enough golfer to be worthy of Titleist clubs (I do generally use Titleist balls).

Let's be realistic, even pros don't all use ONE COMPANY's clubs...Good poll though, it gets you thinking. That's the great part about golf though, multiple clubs and options to choose from. From the way it looks, to the way it sets up, to the way it's weighted, to the reliability, and of course the distance, each club is different, and that's why we all have mixed bags!!!

I myself would vote for PING

I think irons/wedges are the most important SCORING factor, and I've not been able to get rid of my PING I3's for the life of me. The forgiveness and distance control with those things are incredible. Ping is showing some signs of life with their TOUR wedges as well, and I've tried them and liked them.

Golf Digest's HOT LIST recently put PING's G5i putter as the #1 putter, and although I use a Scotty, I'm sure I could switch without a problem.

Driver, well, I had a G2, and it's ok...Not a big deal because if it ends up where I want it to, the irons to the rest!

I have way too much time on my hands to go through all of this, but I'm going to stop now!
Ping i15 8.5 Stock Stiff
Titleist 906F2 13* w/UST V2 FW 92g X

Titleist AP2 3-GW (KBS Tour)
Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl (56/60)

Titleist Cameron Futura 34" & Titleist ProV1x

i voted for titleist. i prefer other brands for my wedges and woods, but i wouldn't be hurting myself with straight titleist in the bag.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

I never played Titleist until I bought my first Tileist club last year, the 983E Driver! It has to be the straightest club I've ever hit; driving has never been so much fun. I often opted for my 3 wood on tight holes, not now - I have the confidence of Hogan!
Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I'm stickin with Taylormade...best drivers on the market IMO and proven by number of sales and number of people on this forum that use them...excellent fairway woods and hybrids, the irons are getting better all the time, RAC wedges are always a popular club (though I like my Clevelands), and you can't really go wrong with a Rossa putter. Taylormade gets my vote!

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Seriously...what Is This Pointless Thread Showing?

It's Obvious Everyone Has Their Own Taste In Clubs, So Let's Talk About Something Worthwhile!!!!
Ping i15 8.5 Stock Stiff
Titleist 906F2 13* w/UST V2 FW 92g X

Titleist AP2 3-GW (KBS Tour)
Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl (56/60)

Titleist Cameron Futura 34" & Titleist ProV1x

Seriously...what Is This Pointless Thread Showing?

If you don't think this is worthwhile, then you don't have to read it. It appears that somebody not only doesn't think the thread is pointless, but acutally enjoys it.

There isn't any one company that can fit your needs, almost all specialize in something.

Ball: Titlest Pro V1 or Nike Platinum or TP Red.

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled.

Irons: Nike CCi's, "try them, they are LONG!!!!"

Hybrid: Taylormade rescue dual.

Fairway woods: Nike SQ, very easy to get the ball up.

Driver: The new Sumo^2 is very nice!

I know i'm coming off with a Nike bias but they're lineup this year is good.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

There isn't any one company that can fit your needs, almost all specialize in something.

I guess Retief Goosen is one of the exceptions that prove the rule. In winning the 2007 Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, Retief used Taylor Made clubs (all 14) and a Taylor Made ball. Ref:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...3&select2;=9587

I myself would never limit myself to 1 brand for my clubs but if I had to it would be Taylormade. TM has always done well for me, and their irons are really coming along. Titleist would be a real close 2nd, more like a 1a, 1b type thing to me.

Driver and Woods - TM
Irons - Titleist
Wedges - Cleveland
Ball - Titleist

The only company I don't care for too much is Callaway. I don't like what they have to offer to me but that's the beauty with golf. What works for you may not work for others and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
Went with Titleist due to;

Used to own a 975D before going back to the callaway, and loved it. the current 905 drivers are also superb, from the demos I have hit in the past few months.

Used to own a set of DCI 981 irons but only sold them as I was playing less often than when I got them and so was struggling with the stiff shafts - should have re-shafted rather than sold - ho hum!

For me, Vokey wedges have the best feel compared to others such as Cleveland

Although I have not used one (scared I love them and just can't afford it!) Scotty Camerons seem to be way ahead of Odysse etc

And, I always come back to a Titleist ball after experimenting with others out there.

Having said all that, I *think* my next set of irons would be Ping for the custom fitting, and I like the G5 woods also. You can never go wrong with a Ping putter either. Not tried the Ping wedges mind you...

MR

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

You can always be custom fitted for any brand before you buy and have them ordered, it only take a couple of weeks or less to have them sent to your seller. choosing ping mainly because of the fitting is not the right approach to getting new clubs.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!