IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

I'd go Titleist. I haven't hit their irons before and I don't own a Scotty, but I love their woods and I plan to buy a couple of Vokey's eventually. I've been playing a Titleist driver since 2002 when I bought a 975J (which wasn't the best club for me at the time, but I learned to hit it well), and I haven't hit a different brand off the tee since.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have always hit Ping Irons so im kinda stuck on them, and Taylormade makes some of the best Drivers I have ever hit and even my 3-wood is amazing. But despite all of that i chose Titleist. I have only ever hit 3 clubs by Titleist, an 905 3-wood, and my current putter (Detour Newport 2.5) and wedge (a 50* vokey) but i can tell u i will never put w/ anything other than a Scotty and the vokey wedges are incredible. The 3 wood was also a very nice hit, just didnt have enough forgiveness but i still hit it great.
So if i could have my bag filled w/ any one company, it would be titleist, i have heard nothing but greatness about them and from what ive hit they live up to the hype!

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

DRIVERS:Alright as a new golfer with an 11 handicap, i've found that the Taylormade R7 drivers are very forginving. I also feel the movable weight tech., provided a littler mental boost for a stungleing slice or hook. I prefer to fix my swing rather than adjust the weight. IRONS: I tried the calloway x2, and the taylormade r7, also the cobra irons, I had a the golf shop pro talk me into buying a set of walter hagen SB5 irons. At first in the simulator the performance was great but I was still a little concerned with suck an unknown brand, but I couldnt be more pleased with these irons. The most solid set of irons iv'e ever held. WEDGES: Titleist vokey spin milled enough said. PUTTERS: I've used several scotty camerons including the red X2, non compare to the feel and role of the Odyssey White Hote XG. A little long winded first post.

I do only play one company's clubs : Cleveland. Love everything about em', and the also own Never Comprimise as well. No golf balls though.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

Man, it would be hard for me to give up my Tommy Armour's. They are the best hitting clubs I have ever had, and that's saying something.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

id have to go with cleveland or titleist.

Cleveland: Irons, driver, wedges,putter, woods, hybrids
Titlesit: irons, driver, wedges, putter, woods, BALLS!

i proboly would go with clveland in the end because i heart cleveland, and the VP blade putters are really growing on me. Im gonna try one. Then again, the scotty cameron studio style putter is the sexiest putter alive, but oh so expensive.
What's In My Custom Bagboy Fleicshmans Bag:
Driver: Hibore with Aldila NV 65
Irons: CG2 Irons 3-PW
Wedges: 56 degree Reg.588 Tour Action Chrome Finish, 60 degree Vokey Design, vokey design 52*
Putter: milled series #3Hybrid: Rescue Mid 25 degree3 Wood: War HawkGolf Balls: Serious Play ...

I would say Callaway, without a doubt.
Driver- FT-5s are great but weird noise
Woods- New big berthas: some of the best out there
Irons- X20s most likely, not a huge fan of their irons but they would do
Wedges- X tours- not my fav but still nice
Putter- White Hot XG 7- already have it and its great
Balls- no clue
Callaway makes quality products and can appeal to every level golfer, whereas titleist fails to.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I would say Titleist because it has been around a long time, and is trusted by many pros. If it's good enough for them, then it's sure as hell good enough for me. Their equipment preforms well and looks professional, adding extra confidence.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely Titleist!

For those who think Titleist is not for the higher handicapper, here is a remark. Titleist wanted to aim for those player, but didn't want to give their reputation as 'for good players'. So they bought Cobra, which have clubs enough for higher handicappers.

Hogan and Spalding are owned by Callwaway now as far as i know...........

spalding owns callaway

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

• Administrator
spalding owns callaway

No, Spalding's golf assets were purchased by Callaway after they went bankrupt or something. Spalding doesn't own Callaway.

Callaway owns Hogan, Spalding/Top-Flite, and a few others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do only play one company's clubs : Cleveland. Love everything about em', and the also own Never Comprimise as well. No golf balls though.

Nice! Someone else on the Cleveland staff

I've got a Never Compromise Milled Series putter which just got replaced but may get back into the back. Thinking about the GM2 Exchange but not sure what the major differences are between that and the Milled Series.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Actually, Callaway purchased the Top-Flite brand of balls and clubs, the Strata brand of balls and the Ben Hogan brand of clubs from Spalding. Callaway also took control of Top-Flite's manufacturing operations. Spalding still makes basketballs, footballs, etc.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

As a high handi-cap player, I would definitely go Callaway. If money was no object and i had to outfit fully with only Callaway product it would be the following:

DRIVER: FT-5
WOODS: Big Bertha '07
5i-GW: X-20
3h-4h: X Hybrid
SW: X-Tour
Putter: Odyssey Black #1

I would also be fine with the Callaway selection of balls, bags, gloves, umbrellas and even golf attire!

In my Bag: (Sun Mountain C-130 '07)

Driver: X460 11°
5W: Big Bertha Ti '05
4h: Fusion FT 23°5i-GW: Big Bertha '04SW: CG11 56° Putter: G5i Anser

I guess "MacGregor" because they are the majority in my bag now? Tomorrow maybe something different.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I have full Cobra clubs, which I like, but if I had the money to buy full TaylorMade, that would probably be my choice.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Note: This thread is 5544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!