IGNORED

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

i use non-painted wooden tees the brush tees plastic end isn't any good for any of my clubs

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Administrator
Wood. I figure that I've got a long way to go before tees can make a difference on my score ;)

Ah, but not on the pocketbook. Frankly, I don't think tees really matter to the score - who's going to notice an extra 0.43 yards on a tee shot? - but I really like carrying only two or three tees and KNOWING I'll be fine, not just for this round, but for the next 50 or so after it! I only carry a coin or two, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well Erik -- I've played with Zero Friction tees now 3 or 4 times and I'm hooked. I like 'em and since i got a 50 pack, I figure I'm set for at least a few years.

So now It's Zero Friction for Driver/3W and natural wood tees for irons. I used to only play white painted tees but I hate cleaning the tee paint off my irons.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I use 2 3/4 inch white wood tees. They've always worked fine and I will continue to use them.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I use 3 1/4" natural color wood tees for the driver and 2 1/8" dark blue tees for all irons, 3 wood and 5 wood. I bought the blue tees in bulk a few years ago for ~$25 and they have my initials on them!

My parents gave me a pack of the zero-friction tees for Christmas. I've used them a few times but prefer the old school woodies.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Stingers 2-3/4's.

Bag: Discovery
Driver: r7 460 Driver weighted neutral
Fairway:r7 FW 3 w/ Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid:Rescue 16 & 19
Irons:RAC OS 3-PW +1.25" Wedge:r7 SWPutter: Circa 62 #5Balls:NXT or ProV1'sTrying: Tour Model Blades

• 4 weeks later...
I use bristle tees when I can. It just takes FOREVER to balance the ball, so most of hte time i just use a wood tee.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Just bought a box of Zero Friction tees. Damn, these things are indestructible.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I've never noticed any difference.... i just use wedges tees for irons because i tee them low and the round bit at the top is perfect. Brush-T's for my woods & invicible plastic tees for my driver because they dont break.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

i read about the zero friction tees review on the sandtrap site and was intrigued when it was said that these things don't break. they don't and i'm very happy with them.

I started with 6 at the course. 2 deformed, 1 broke, and lost another, in 9 holes.. They arent perfect, and they're hard toget the ball to balance on. I was using painted tees, but they were leaving scuffs on my new driver, anyone have a solution?

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

Note: This thread is 1428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!