Jump to content
PutterHead

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

0  

61 members have voted

  1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

    • Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
      26
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
      111
    • Wood
      234
    • Other
      6


182 posts / 32971 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Plastic tees for me....I find so many tees that I can remember the last time I bought a bag of tees....I can't walk by an unbroken tee without picking it up...even though I have 100's of tees in the garage.

I only use broken tees for the par 3 shots....plastic or wood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use those "Brush Tees" quite often when playing. Things never seem to wear out. I will also use those wooden tees that only go into the ground only so far. Both of these for consistency.

When on the d-range I use wooden tees of what ever is laying on the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I snapped the head off the Martini tee last round. Cold weather? I guess it's back to wood for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer plain old white wood tees. 2/3/4" for driver, 2 1/4 for everything else.. White,. because they're easier to find in the grass. In my experience plastic tees suffer from erectile dysfunction in the hot summer and with hard ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2020 at 8:34 PM, Mr22putt said:

Plastic tees for me....I find so many tees that I can remember the last time I bought a bag of tees....I can't walk by an unbroken tee without picking it up...even though I have 100's of tees in the garage.

I only use broken tees for the par 3 shots....plastic or wood. 

I'm the same. Haven't bought a tee in ages! If I see the head of a tee in the ground, I pull it up. If it's whole, I keep it! I am amazed at the number of golfers who stick a tee in the ground, hit one shot of it, and leave it there! Plus, the last couple of years I've played in a local tourney where we get to play a local country club on day 2. You know how country clubs take care of their members. On the first and tenth tees, there are boxes full of tees, ball markers, scorecards and pencils. I load up on the tees and ball markers. 

Some of these new plastic tees seem practically indestructible! I broke exactly one of them last season. Can't get that kind of endurance from wood!

EDIT: And yes, on a par 3 tee, I will look for a tee fragment to use.

Edited by Buckeyebowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The course I often play had boxes on each tee filled with sand. Pro shop said they used to be a mixture of sand and seed to repair divots but they noticed alot of people using it on par 3's to tee the ball up with like "the olden days".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I'm the same. Haven't bought a tee in ages! If I see the head of a tee in the ground, I pull it up. If it's whole, I keep it! I am amazed at the number of golfers who stick a tee in the ground, hit one shot of it, and leave it there! Plus, the last couple of years I've played in a local tourney where we get to play a local country club on day 2. You know how country clubs take care of their members. On the first and tenth tees, there are boxes full of tees, ball markers, scorecards and pencils. I load up on the tees and ball markers. 

Some of these new plastic tees seem practically indestructible! I broke exactly one of them last season. Can't get that kind of endurance from wood!

EDIT: And yes, on a par 3 tee, I will look for a tee fragment to use.

I really liked this plastic tee this past summer....I think I used it for 2 months....I think it fell out of my pocket...ugh....I might still be playing with it.

I've also not bought a golf ball in maybe 30 years....I find so many...have a lot new golf balls from promos, corporate swag, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, snapfade said:

3441b886a4394413912855cc157a4a02.jpg

Al Czervik strikes again! But since when is "Nudie" spelled "Nuddie"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Al Czervik strikes again! But since when is "Nudie" spelled "Nuddie"?

HaHa...Good eye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use wood, plastic and bamboo (Frogger) tees. But right now I am using plastic. I still snapped one of each the other day.
 

E90BCBAD-4F7D-410E-9D2E-F2FC63F70F33.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whatever I find. Played 9 yesterday, and started with two regular tees, and one short tee in my pocket. Picked up more than a dozen tees, and wasn't even doing anything special looking for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, Sandy Divot said:

Whatever I find. Played 9 yesterday, and started with two regular tees, and one short tee in my pocket. Picked up more than a dozen tees, and wasn't even doing anything special looking for them.

You're like me. I look for tees left over and haven't bought tees in well over 10 years. My buddy calls them "Gary's gold"! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Private plastic... untouched by other human hands.  Especially the "bendable" plastic... I only need about  20 tees per season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plastic for me.  Always Pride Performance tees, in two different lengths (one for driver/woods, one for irons) - shorties go in a convenient carrying case.

A single long tee usually lasts me at least three or four rounds (they do break at some point, usually in shear right below the head).

IMG_1019.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...