IGNORED

How long do you use a ball?

hjimzaf
Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeph

I lose it before it gets worn out.

Same here

I don't make it through many rounds with the same ball, almost did it today but I lost one just off the fairway.  No idea why I could not find it.

Played with the same Gamer v2 all round today and looks like it will be fine for the next round.  Unless it hits a tree, cart path or something else to scuff it up, I will stick with the same ball all round.  Losing balls has not been a problem for me lately.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

My grand father walks along the river in our city and fishes. Along part of the river is a golf course. So along with his fishing rod he also brings his golf ball retreiver.

Last christmas he gave me a big moving box full of used golf balls. Titleist, callaway, srixon, newer ones and abused ones, yellow ones, pink ones, white ones blue ones. Thousands of them. The box was so SOOO heavy and SOOO full that he had rope tied all around it to keep the box togeather. He'd been collecting them since I first started playing 3 years ago. So needless to say i'll be playing used golf balls until the day I die. lol, Best gift EVER!!!

Oh, I should also say a big THANKS to all you slicers out there. I really appreaciate the golf balls!!!

But can you please try to buy titleist, I like those the most!!!

Stand back ladies, I'm taking out my driver!

Wedges Irons Driver Wood Putter
Balls Range Finder Gloves and shoes>>>> Could start my own Pro-Shop with this many brand names

I used the same ball today for the 2nd straight round. I play Callaway Tour i(s). I love the durability. There are a few scuffs from my wedges, but even today, it checked like it did when it was brand new.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

In the winter/spring I play either a D2 feel or burner tour instead of my usual penta or pro v. I played this morning and I was going to break out the pentas but I've got 6 rounds on a D2 feel so I'm going to go with it until it's unplayable or lost.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I played 54 holes with one ball, I shot 78,79 and 81. I thought maybe retire that one lol. It's not that often I do that but it's nice when I do!!!

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I like to start a new round with a new ball (ProV1). After the round I give the ball to my son (he's 2) so he can hit them around the backyard. When I played the e6 I would play those until I lost it.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I can sometimes get a complete round out of a golf ball. But more often than not, I end up bringing out a new one at the turn because I've fish-gilled the current one at least 2-3 times already and it has started flying weird off the tee.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I usually start with a new ball and a spare, but if those don't get scuffed up too badly, I put them in the "good ball" pocket on my bag. Otherwise they go in the chipping pocket. If I lose a couple balls, rather than putting a new one in play, I'll use one from the "good ball" pocket. Lately I've been starting with used ones also, and it makes no difference, it's mostly a preference. Got through 17 holes last week with one ball, then lost it in a pond on my approach to the 18th green :-( Normally, though, I very very rarely lose balls because there's no water on my home course and it's pretty wide open. Now that I rarely slice things as terribly as I used to, balls are almost always findable---it's pretty much impossible to lose one near the fairway.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by roxroses

Until I slice it OB and can't find it.

Same here exept it's not limited to slices or OB. The only stats I'm keeping for 2011 are score, putts, and lost balls.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It depends on the ball. I hate looking at a beat up urethane ball, so those rarely last more than a round (which sucks because they are expensive). But if I'm using something more durable I'll play it until it no longer performs well or it gets all chewed up. My new wedges are milled and have sharp grooves, so I had to replace a couple balls my last round.

Originally Posted by hjimzaf

If your ball makes it through all 18 holes, will you use it the next round? When do you decide it's time for a new ball?

I use it as long as it's useful.  I see no possible reason for retiring a ball simply because I've played "x" number of holes with it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

use it till I lose it, usually within 2 rounds

Driver: Ping G425 SFT, Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4 wood, Cobra F8 7/8 wood,Hybrids: PXG 0211 3 19* and 5 25* 

Irons: PXG 0211 XCor 2 6-PW

Wedges: Ben Hogan Equalizer 50*, Ben Hogan Equalizer 2 54* and 58*

Putter: Seemore Si1

Bag: Sun Mountain GPS: Bushnell Shoes: Addidas

Cart: Clicgear 2.0 Ball: Taylormade Tour Response

Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!