IGNORED

If you bet when golfing, how much money do you bet?

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These I haven't heard of before, or perhaps named this way. Can I ask someone to explain these 4? Thanks.

Here's the way we play 'em...

Our normal greenie on par 3's is in play for the person on the green and closest to the pin making par or better but if that player 3 putts, all other players get a dot - reverse greenie. Snakes are par putts (or better) holed measuring longer than the flag stick. Lizards are hole outs from off the green (par or better). Dragons are hole outs from 65 yards and beyond. Don't forget the combos too like bird-snakes, sandy-lizards, the barking-sand-snake (the list goes on).

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to this one!

Like the Taylor Made Advertisment said. "Ill grind for a 1 bucks like it was a thousand."

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Like the Taylor Made Advertisment said. "Ill grind for a 1 bucks like it was a thousand."

If my Mom had known how hard I would concentrate for a quarter, she would have dangled one on a string over my schoolbooks and I would have been a Rhodes Scholar....

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

We play for money only on the par 3s - $5 per person on each par 3, closest to the hole (on the green) and you gotta make par...no ties, if no par, or noone hits the green, then we carryover...

There've been a couple of rounds when I've walked away with $60.00!!!

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Here's the way we play 'em...

Thanks Powerfade. Except for the reverse-greenie, I had heard of these in other variations (Polies being Snakes, Chippies being Lizards, etc.)

Currently Playing:
Driver: Custom Bang-O-Matic 460 9*, GD YS6+ Stiff
3Wood: Firesole
Hybrid: Rescue 17*
3 - PW: MX-23Wedges: Vokey: SM60.08 (OC), SM56.10 (OC), 252.08 (TC)Putter: Cameron Circa'62 No.2Ball: HXTourHome Course: MacGregor Downs CC, Cary, NC

Theres lots of games for money,some guys won't bet anything when we play so we try to get in groups that like to have a little something on the round, the usual is 5-5-5, five on the front,back and totals. We have 12 guys on our league we always put in $10 for skins, par or better no ties and we will have side bets. Myself I only have side bets with the people in my playing group.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Hard to believe a 14 handicap would be betting $360 to $900 playing GOLF, harder to believe you have a foursome of equal players (14 handicap) willing to play for that kind of cash.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

That was a typo should have been $5-20. But either way it's not your money so you really shouldn't worry much, money is only something you need if you don't die tommorrow.

Besides when money is on the line some people can really step thier game up and others go the other direction.

It really just all depends on how much I want to win.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

A friend of mine told this one.....

sometime they play a match play not for money but for golf clubs!

When a player goes 1 up, he can choose 1 club from his opponent bag!!

It sounds to be a pretty exciting game!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

It really just all depends on how much I want to win.

Wow, you are quite confident. IM me if you're ever in New Mexico. My buddies and I would love the chance to give you our money. Bring your own wallet though, just in case.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, you are quite confident. IM me if you're ever in New Mexico. My buddies and I would love the chance to give you our money. Bring your own wallet though, just in case.

wow.... I can feel some "electricity" going on....

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• 1 year later...
I only play scratch games, for one thing. Even this past year, when I was holding a 7 handicap, and playing scratch players, I never ask for strokes. I also never give them!

Usually $.50 or $1 a point. Usual game in a foursome: high-low nassau, with automatic 2 down presses. First and second kp's (both partners have to be on) sandies, birdies, eagles (double), and team skins (always par or better in any game I play).

We also will all throw in $10, and play a partner best ball on occasion. I've won up to $100 on those days, if my partner and I happen to win. Sometimes a $5 pay ball game, with 16-20 guys throwing the money in.

Good thread!

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

$5 nassau

+1 here....not comfortable with to much more than that

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!