IGNORED

If you bet when golfing, how much money do you bet?

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 5806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We usually play for £2 front, back and overall, with a pound closest to the hole on par 3's.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time out I played with 2 other people, we had a bet for each hole. Whoever wins the hole (lowest strokes) the other 2 pay $1. Not sure if this is a typical way to wager, but i did win $9.
Some holes were ties and didn't exchange money but it was good to add a little competition to a game of golf

Bag: Warbird Hot Stand
Big Bertha 460
Big Bertha Irons
2-Ball putter

The key when wagering for me is: It should be enough to make the round more interesting, but not so much that it hurts. For my Wednesday group (8-12 of us play at back to back tee times), we put $5 in a pot for skins, another $5 for putts and greenies (greenies are par 3's only, and you must make par to win, you get double for birdie). Those bets are for the entire group. Then we usually play a round robin match within each foursome as well for a couple of dollars per robin. We do set a limit.... once a player has dropped $20, he's maxed out. I've never reached the max, not because I'm better, I'm not, but because you would really have to work hard at sucking to lose $20 with our betting structure. We don't apply handicaps, and we have a range of players from about 6 to more than 20.

Most of the cash just ends up in a pile at the bar afterwards for beer and munchies anyway, so it's more for bragging rights than it is to actually pad your wallet. The money is just an alternate way of keeping score...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The key when wagering for me is: It should be enough to make the round more interesting,

That's key. Make it enough so that everybody pays attention and cares about the outcome. Once the outcome is something that people are concerned with, it doesn't matter if the bet is for $5, $10 or $50, most of that cash is going to end up at a pile at the end of the bar anyway.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

We play "$1 a hole"

All 4 guys put $18 into the pot.
For every hole you win, you get $4 from the pot.

Simple.. Fun.. Not too expensive.. and even the worst player in your foursome wins a hole from time to time so everyone has fun.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

i've played for per diem paychecks when I've been on the road...and got RAILED...
I'll never play for my endorsement $ though....
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My buddy and myself have a standard game for anytime we are on the same course. Anywhere from a $2 - $5 Nassau for the round. Then as a twist we added that if you make eagle you get $2.50 from the other guy, birdies you get $1, and if you make double bogey or worse you have to pay $.50. So If I get an eagle on a hole and he triples, he would owe me $3.00.

Other than that, the groups I play with are usually 25 cent skins and greenies, or $2 a side if there are enough people.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Usually it's small stuff for me and my groups. $1 per hole/stroke. Occasionally we will do $5 closest too on one hole, but not all of them. We play some games at our outing too, but it is usually $20 for the round gets you in skins and any other challenges.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

We have roughly a dozen golfers show up to play every day. Six vs six for a dollar a side. Cheap I know but it is mainly for bragging rights. BTW, we play in groups of 4 to speed up play.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

We have roughly a dozen golfers show up to play every day. Six vs six for a dollar a side. Cheap I know but it is mainly for bragging rights. BTW, we play in groups of 4 to speed up play.

How do you play 6 v 6? Do you compare the cards afterwards?

I like the 2 v 2 in the same group. get the adrenelane rush instantenously.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Usually $2 to $5 per hole. Auto 2 down presses.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

How do you play 6 v 6? Do you compare the cards afterwards?

Yes, we take the best score on each hole by our team vs the same from the other team. Occasionally there will be some side bets and have a 2 vs 2 situation.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

$5 nearest the pin on par 3's,whoverever is the closest though has to par it,if nobody hits the green it carries over to the next par 3 and its $10 a man.
sometimes $20 overall score,no shots.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 5806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!