IGNORED

The 2011 Players

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by nevets88

Kudos to NBC on the fewer commercials. I didn't notice as many promotions during the telecast as well. Was there a blimp reference? Hope it continues in the smaller events. Way better than CBS. It irked me when Nantz pulled out the Grammy and self congratulated his crew. Do it after the tournament. Do Just having fewer commercials alone makes the telecast way better than award winning broadcasts.

The Tour insists on fewer commercials like The Masters because they're doing all they can to make their event as top-tier as it can be. Which is good for golf fans, so, I don't have a problem with it. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bodes well for the US Open if the trend continues. Broadcasts were like special advertising sections in magazines. Harder to distinguish between real content and promotion.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by iacas

The Tour insists on fewer commercials like The Masters because they're doing all they can to make their event as top-tier as it can be. Which is good for golf fans, so, I don't have a problem with it. :-)

Does the Tour dictate what happens for TV coverage of The Masters? I thought that event wasn't an official PGA Tour event, which allows it to violate PGA Tour policies regarding club membership. Sorry, I know this is off topic, but if women were/are allowed to be members there, why did the most recent Golf Magazine player poll specifically ask the players' opinions (asked twice) on women not be allowed membership at Augusta National? Maybe that magazine isn't in the loop?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Does the Tour dictate what happens for TV coverage of The Masters?

Augusta National controls what happens for TV coverage.

That's what I'm saying.

The Tour - like Augusta National for The Masters - insists on fewer commercials for "The Players."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!