Sign in to follow this  
sean_miller

What are your favourite golf equipment "logos"?

Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 posts / 18530 viewsLast Reply

I'm not talking about which is your favourite "brand". I just mean which corporate logo or emblem looks good to you, whether it's splashed across a staff bag, someone's forehead, the back of a forged blade, or wherever?

I like uniformed logos (e.g. the Ben Hogan starburst or way the C and G combine in Cleveland Golf's logo), but I really like a script logo. A couple of my favourites (Mizuno Pro and Tour Action) are below:

P9121035.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKjQE1zdN0W,rBNrdiTHW1g~~_3.jpg

Maybe I just think any logo looks better in cursive writing or as a signature. MacGregor, Titleist, Ben Hogan, Tommy Armour, and even the maker of the original rock flite . . .

P7160619.jpg

Growing up, I used to love the Arnold Palmer Golf Company Umbrella logo. Now I would have to say my favorite is the Callaway Chevron for golf equipment and Puma for golf clothing, even though I don't game either.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm having logo envy - mine is so tiny.

You know what they say about those who post large pictures of golf company logos......

I actually liked Nike's old golf logo better

Nike_Golf (2).gif

Of course I love the regular old swoosh too. Another one I really like, though not exactly an equipment logo, is the TPI logo:

TPI_logo.gif

I actually liked Nike's old golf logo better

Nike_Golf (2).gif

Yeah, I really like that logo. I also like the TW logo that Tiger sports, and the Victory Red logo. The Cleveland Golf combination is clever -- it took me quite some time to figure out what it was. I also love the Mizuno roadrunner. It dawns on me - am I picking clubs whose logos I like, or am I just liking the logos of clubs I have?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shindig

I also like the TW logo that Tiger sports, and the Victory Red logo. The Cleveland Golf combination is clever -- it took me quite some time to figure out what it was. I also love the Mizuno roadrunner.

It dawns on me - am I picking clubs whose logos I like, or am I just liking the logos of clubs I have?

True, the TW and VR logos are nice. Another one I really like is the J Lindbergh "JL", mostly because that's my first and middle initials

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

True, the TW and VR logos are nice. Another one I really like is the J Lindbergh "JL", mostly because that's my first and middle initials

If you put a J in front of the TW logo you get my full initials. I've tried it before, but I suck at Photoshop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!