Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GolfBookie

My (free) Advice to Tiger

Note: This thread is 3067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 posts / 2180 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Here's my free advice to Tiger; I hope he will take it.

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working .

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

5) Trust in your inherent athletic ability to learn that swing.

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working.

He struck the ball incredibly well all week at Augusta. He struck the long clubs and the driver pretty well on Saturday and Sunday. How long do you think he needs? He got 18 months with Harmon and Haney. You do realize he shot 42 with an injury, right?

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

Okay...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

Not really gonna work. Who's going to tell you? Do you know their physiques and any injuries they had as kids? Etc.

And you do know it was the jacked up swing he took from under the tree on the 17th at Augusta that hurt him, right?

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

Tiger has to understand his swing before he can go play with it. He's in the middle of making changes. Maybe more like 3/4 of the way to the end.

I do think he should play more... once he's no longer injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL

Just what Tiger needs, advice from a guy with a 12.something index.  I'm sure he'll jump all over this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by GolfBookie

Here's my free advice to Tiger; I hope he will take it.

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working.

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

5) Trust in your inherent athletic ability to learn that swing.

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

extended entry



1) his swing looks better than ever to me
2) that is none of either of our business
3) his current swing seems to put the least amount of rotational stress on his knee than any previous swing especially the butch swing with the closed face etc..
4) he's with one of the best coaches in the business and making the correct changes in tigers opinion and mine.  The only two players i've heard criticize his action are rocco (a jimmy ballard fruit cake) and chamblee (douche)
5) he is and does
6) he would if he could

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by GolfBookie

Here's my free advice to Tiger; I hope he will take it.

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working.

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

5) Trust in your inherent athletic ability to learn that swing.

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

extended entry

You should try watching golf sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advice is worth what you're charging for it.....nothing.

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

Here's my free advice to Tiger; I hope he will take it.

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working.

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

5) Trust in your inherent athletic ability to learn that swing.

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

extended entry



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't buy the idea that it takes a pro a year or more to learn a new swing........if his leg is as bad as it seems, I think he should learn a modified "arms only" swing.

I tried getting paid for my advice, but no takers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't buy the idea that you have to be a scratch player to know something about a golf swing or to maybe see things from a different perspective and have a few good ideas about both golf and life.  Knowing how to and being physically able are two very different things.  Tiger was born with physical skills most of us will never achieve if we began golf practice 5 minutes out of the womb.  As to how he manages his life, it is his business, but that isn't to say maybe some folks that have lived through similar experienced don't have some cogent advice for Tiger.

Originally Posted by turtleback

LOL

Just what Tiger needs, advice from a guy with a 12.something index.  I'm sure he'll jump all over this.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I don't buy the idea that you have to be a scratch player to know something about a golf swing or to maybe see things from a different perspective and have a few good ideas about both golf and life.  Knowing how to and being physically able are two very different things.  Tiger was born with physical skills most of us will never achieve if we began golf practice 5 minutes out of the womb.  As to how he manages his life, it is his business, but that isn't to say maybe some folks that have lived through similar experienced don't have some cogent advice for Tiger.

It's true you don't need to be a scratch player to know about the swing or give advice. Someone could have once been a scratch player and got injured and gave up the game for a while and then ended up being a 12 handicap when they came back. Fair enough. I'm guessing that more of than not, this isn't the case. If someone knows a lot about the swing, they'll usually be able to translate that into their own game. If you're an expert on the swing and still shooting 90, you don't know as much as you (not you, but people in general) think about the swing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think Tiger needs to lighten up a bit on every level and things will come together for him.

The more you fight the press, the more they come at you.

The more frustration after a bad shot, the more chance it will happen again.

I can't tell you what his swing is doing and I'm not saying he needs to laugh everything off but I do feel he can avoid a lot of drama and improve his game by lightening up.

2 cents please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by deronsizemore

It's true you don't need to be a scratch player to know about the swing or give advice. Someone could have once been a scratch player and got injured and gave up the game for a while and then ended up being a 12 handicap when they came back. Fair enough. I'm guessing that more of than not, this isn't the case. If someone knows a lot about the swing, they'll usually be able to translate that into their own game. If you're an expert on the swing and still shooting 90, you don't know as much as you (not you, but people in general) think about the swing.


Knowing what to do and doing it are very different things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to be tough for Tiger, he's lost everything to some level that's been important to him;

  • Lost his wife and custody of his kids
  • Lost his father
  • Lost a lot of money (divorce, lost endorsement deals, lost tournament winnings, etc)
  • Lost the public image that he and his PR people created and resulted in his huge popularity, admitted sex addict.
  • Lost his ability to dominate in a sport that he had been for years
  • Lost his health and ability to depend on superior athleticism to get him through tough matches.

That's a lot to lose in such a short period of time to a guy who doesn't appear to have much of a support system in place.   I don't pretend to know what he's going through or how he's dealing with it, but any one of those on the list could destroy a persons career, no less all of them.


Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

I just think Tiger needs to lighten up a bit on every level and things will come together for him.

The more you fight the press, the more they come at you.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by Kieran123

Knowing what to do and doing it are very different things



I realize that. It's just that in my 24 years of playing this game at a fairly high level, I've yet to run into someone who knows what to do in the swing yet can't reproduce it in their own swing. That's just my experience though. Maybe that's way off base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by newtogolf

It has to be tough for Tiger, he's lost everything to some level that's been important to him;

Lost his wife and custody of his kids

Lost his father

Lost a lot of money (divorce, lost endorsement deals, lost tournament winnings, etc)

Lost the public image that he and his PR people created and resulted in his huge popularity, admitted sex addict.

Lost his ability to dominate in a sport that he had been for years

Lost his health and ability to depend on superior athleticism to get him through tough matches.

That's a lot to lose in such a short period of time to a guy who doesn't appear to have much of a support system in place.   I don't pretend to know what he's going through or how he's dealing with it, but any one of those on the list could destroy a persons career, no less all of them.


Very true. I guess my advice is easier said then done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...