IGNORED

Watches?

Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If everyone is so concerned about club speed and the weight of their club down to a couple of grams, of which there are 28 in an ounce and 448 in a pound, and why do golfers,  and I am mostly refering to pro on tv, wear watches. I know a wrist watch will not change the swing weight of a club but it will add to the overall amount of weight a golfer will have to move in order to swing the club. It just seems that wearing a watch will only slow down your swing.

I take my watch off and keep it in my bag when I play.  Both the weight and the size of the face tend to interfere with my swing.

EDIT: Just fyi, it's a Citizen Skyhawk.  It's neither light nor small.  I take it off when I do lots of things.  It constantly interferes with the touchpad on most laptops, as an example.

I keep mine on. It is standard size face and chain strap, so it makes no difference what so ever.

A watch will not slow down your swing enough to make a good shot into a bad shot.

When you're swinging something like a club, not all grams are equal. Those at larger radii---such as at the club head---are much more important than those near the pivot. In a very simplistic approximation, one gram at the club head will be as hard to swing as 100 grams a centimeter from the pivot.  A wristwatch is not going to have a material effect.

I used to take my watch off, but since buying a Garmin S1, I have worn it.  It is quite light and I have to say that I actually like having it there.  Dont really know why, but it feels natural.  I guess it is because I wear a watch almost every other waking moment.

I have a tag that I always have on when I play and never even notice it. I did get one with a rubber band so it doesn't slide on my wrist because I have one with a steel band that slid and it bothered me.

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Watch?

My cell phone goes in my bag.

Exactly, i have seldom worn a watch for years, about the only time is when im mowing the yard(just finished about 45 minutes ago) because i leave the phone inside.    I have seen a gps watch, that idea kinda intrigues me as my phone is ancient and it wont do apps but i like it because its small and fits easily in my pocket and i dont want to buy a new one.  I would probably just take the gps watch off and either attach it to my bag or put it in my pocket, a compact gps unit would probably be more practical.

I take mine off because I see no reason to risk it getting broke, either by the motion of my swing (albeit that would be very hard to do) or by some other happenstance, such as getting hit by a ball.  My watch usually stays in my car.  I'm not worried about the heat getting to it.

Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!