IGNORED

Tiger's new coach may not be Sean Foley...?

talbarner
Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You got a link? One picture isn't really representative of anything.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Small enough to be photo shopped.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'd sure like Tiger to be able to do that.  But as long as you swing right handed you're going to stress the L knee some, albeit some swings might stress it less than others.  Just how damaged the L Knee is and how much stress it can take, is the question and I doubt anyone knows the answer today.  But time will tell.

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

I don't know, but whoever his new coach is, they need to find an action that keeps the stress off the left leg.

Butch

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Small enough to be photo shopped.

I saw a high-res copy of this photo on another board yesterday. Doesn't appear to be doctored.

this is a real pic but they cut off arjun atwal who was talking with them too. He has him for a coach. Im sure Hunter Mayhans driving stats last year had a role in Tigers decision to pick Foley as well

Tiger may have to wear a heavy brace to support the knee until he decides to go for the surgery to repair his MCL and any other damage he's done to his knee.  My knees are pretty beat up from years of playing football and racquetball.  I'm into long distance running now and they never bother me during or after a run, but if I spend too much time at the range, my right knee will get a little sore.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I'd sure like Tiger to be able to do that.  But as long as you swing right handed you're going to stress the L knee some, albeit some swings might stress it less than others.  Just how damaged the L Knee is and how much stress it can take, is the question and I doubt anyone knows the answer today.  But time will tell.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If looking to copy the swing of a player that makes it look completely effortless and stress-free, one needs to take a look at the move of Steve Elkington....just seems to me that Elk will be playing great, competitive golf late into his 50s with that swing.

just my humble opinion......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

TW needs a head coach...and to start bangin HO's again....for real

dude was more than likely stressed about getting caught that he has to much time for golf!! LOL!

I dunno, not much of a stats or technical guy or even know much about the swing in general....so i can't comment on what hes doing right or wrong

and i bet most of us on here don't know on here either, other than repeating whats been heard on TGC or TV in general

I think Bubba is on to something tho

stop thinking about it so much and just play by feel

concentrating too much on stats and mechanics can make you forget about the task at hand

maybe im wrong...... ???? who knows.....

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!