IGNORED

The Big Break "Indian Wells"

walk18
Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by normdamarine

You don't bash a guy who has been a member, was on the show and is in Afghanistan fighting for your freedon you Jackwagon!

You--or anybody else here--should be free to bash a person based on the merits of their actions if it's called for.  People who fight in Afghanistan can be jerks just as much as the couch potato who plays video games all day in his mom's basement.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You--or anybody else here--should be free to bash a person based on the merits of their actions if it's called for.  People who fight in Afghanistan can be jerks just as much as the couch potato who plays video games all day in his mom's basement.

Brandon

yea but you left out the few sentences before it. He said he acts in a good manner on the forum like giving people advice and has done this long before being on the show so thats why hes getting support from the members

Let's be honest.... if JUSTIN was a member, a GOOD member like our friend the Marine, then we would be asking this GOOD member "Justin...  what the _ _ _ _ man?" in a somewhat humorous way.  And he'd reply.

I for one, enjoyed Russell's bravado.  IMO, if you've had ONE bullet go flying by your position you can say whatever you want to say regarding freedom, fighting, how difficult it is to be a marine, etc .  And Russell has had more than his share of bullet's fly by him I'm sure, among other deadly projectiles.  I'm absolutely certain that overly negative opinions from strangers on a message board are easily wiped away like a single, baby gnat in the Middle Eastern heat, while posts of support are perhaps read and absorbed.

Stay safe Russell, and thanks for you insight into the show.  Keep it up if you can.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I thought Russel was having a bit of fun with the comments. Now the popped collar  on the other hand......

As far as Robert -

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/golf/robert-floyd-knocked-off-big-break-show-but-1504778.html?printArticle=y

Still find it hard to believe his game went south so fast but I could imagine that might make playing hard. He probably should have resigned his spot.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post

A little surprised by all the positive comments about Russell.  I get that he posts here and is a decorated soldier, but his false bravado was getting on my nerves last night.  Even my wife commented on it.  Robert has chops on the golf course, the guy made the cut and finished T-48 at the 2008 AT&T;, that's not a fluke and is more than Russell has ever done.  A lot of these guys sitting back making comments on poor shots need to learn how to shut their mouths.  Justin, Kent and yes our dear friend Russell are the biggest culprits.  The little bit about who could or couldn't be a Marine was ridiculous, although I suspect it wasn't his idea.  Russell, are you trying to tell everyone else how tough you are or yourself??

Petey watched the same shots Robert hit and acted with a lot of class by keeping his thoughts to himself.  Its apparent to anyone who has ever played high level competitive golf that Robert has lost his confidence entirely.  It was difficult for me to watch as I have battled the same issue.  Until you have been there you don't know what it feels like.  I battled driver yips that ultimately took the joy completely out of the game.  Robert standing over the ball with something on the line is probably the last place he wanted to be right there.

Other notes, Petey is a player.  No doubt about it.  That said, Will's reaction to the comeback challenge was perplexing.

I don't think Will is/was really all that worried about bringing someone back.  I think his reaction was more about his joking type personality and how he is around the guys and for tv.  I have a friend who has a similar sense of humor, type thing.  It's funny and keeps everyone loose.  He seems to be pretty calm and laid back guy but a competitor and I don't think he is "afraid" of any of them.  i think he is confident in his game and wants to prove it by beating anyone they throw his way.

Originally Posted by normdamarine

Guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support, it was fun while it lasted... I wish I would have played better in the begining but for some reason I had the hooks, my friends were baffled... I am in Afghanistan right now with 3rd Battalion 6th Marines and we are in a fight so make sure you pray for those Marines out there hooking and jabbing.

And to Saltman, the reason why there is positive comments is because I have been a member for a few years before the show and have conducted myself in a positive manner giving help and advice to those who need it. You don't bash a guy who has been a member, was on the show and is in Afghanistan fighting for your freedon you Jackwagon!

Hmmm....did I really bash you?  I deeply respect what you have done for our country, THANK YOU!   That has NOTHING to do with you skill and accomplishments on the golf course relative to Robert.  All my comments are relative to GOLF as you are on a golf realty show.

I am not going to resort to calling people names.  I wish you nothing but the best, I just didn't think your personality came off well on the show.  If you are suggesting editing had something to do with it, that is fine but you still made some fairly rude comments.  I have no hard feelings.  Your game looked much sharper in that last episode.

Good luck and in the meantime stay safe.

Enjoyed tonight's episode.  I think the right guys are left on the show, even though I hated to see O-dog leave.  I like his attitude.  I thought Will had the best quote of the night:

"That just shows you there's more than one way to play golf...and that's coming from somebody who holds the club backwards!"

John showed some steadiness in the elimination challenge, IMO.  Notice that every one of his shots was in about the same place on the green?  He kept the water completely out of play, didn't get greedy going for the pin, and missed away from the bunker each time and relied on his putter.  I didn't like his decision to buy the half stroke, but he played well.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I really enjoyed Russell on the play back challenge. Played great and was on the money with everything he said, especially to and/or about Justin.

Petey has a great swing.  Really like David's swing as well.

For those bashing Robert, I get it, because he looked downright awful on the show, but... the dude can/could play.  Even as others mentioned his tournament record, it's like some people missed it. The guy made the cut in a PGA Tour event. Of course part of the reason he's on the show is because of his name - but I'd guess it has just as much to do with the fact that he'd be a redemption story.

http://cyberpix.pgatour.com/players/r/?/01/26/95/results

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

Was anybody else surprised about the format of the "7 on 1"? Essentially all Petey had to do was hit the circle on each shot and he would earn the requisite 3.5 points required to re-join the competition. I'm not saying it was an easy challenge by any means, but I was under the impression he would have to "win" his way back on the show...with this setup he could have tied each station and be back.

That being said, I think he's got one of the best swings on the show and he conducts himself like a gentlemen and realizes he's lucky to be back. His "I'd feel the same way" comments are refreshing.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Yeah Petey is pretty low key. Doesn't get cocky or anything. And he seems pretty consistent.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by x129

It is a sign that Will isn't going to have the mental toughness to win this (or be a professional golfer at this point of this life). Everyone there has to be a little upset that they have to beat one more person to win. The mentally tough ones say, big deal 7 or 8 it doesn't matter. It seems to me if Will has to face an elimination challenge against Pete (I am guessing though it is going to take some great golf to get back on the show), is he going to be thinking about beating Pete or about how unfair it is? It is easy to play well when things are going your way. To make it to the top, you need to be able to grind out when things are going bad.

I understood why Will was upset - you go on the show and they give you the rules and how eliminations work and then they change it halfway through.  I think Will also knew that Piri was a good player and would be a threat going forward - a threat he thought he didn't have to deal with anymore.  That said he went up against Piri in the immunity challenge first thing which would have been the perfect opportunity to choke and hit a bad shot.  He was having none of that though and got up there and took care of business, hit a good shot and made the up and down.  He def. talks a lot and seems like he can loose focus but when it comes to golf and stepping up and hitting shots he always gives a good effort and it shows by the fact that he is on top of the leaderboard.

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Enjoyed tonight's episode.  I think the right guys are left on the show, even though I hated to see O-dog leave.  I like his attitude.  I thought Will had the best quote of the night:

"That just shows you there's more than one way to play golf...and that's coming from somebody who holds the club backwards!"

John showed some steadiness in the elimination challenge, IMO.  Notice that every one of his shots was in about the same place on the green?  He kept the water completely out of play, didn't get greedy going for the pin, and missed away from the bunker each time and relied on his putter.  I didn't like his decision to buy the half stroke, but he played well.

Brandon

The extra half-shot John bought took all the pressure off of him in the challenge. All he had to do was aim for the center of the green, make three pars, and force Oren to make birdies, and that's what he did.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If Oren made one birdie, buying the half shot is a great investment. I would figure with 3 shots at a par 3, that Oren making one birdie would be a pretty common event and that John played a bit too conservative.  Of course I can't really see what the green looks like and how bad the approach angles are from the quick tv shots. I thought Oren's putting instead of chipping was nuts. I am a big fan from putting off the green but that seemed a bit extreme when your talking 30 yards. I might need to give it a shot next I am at the chipping green.  I sort of doubt I can even hit it that far....

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

The extra half-shot John bought took all the pressure off of him in the challenge. All he had to do was aim for the center of the green, make three pars, and force Oren to make birdies, and that's what he did.

Too bad to see Oren go. He was my favorite.

Great to see Piri back, too. As for the rules, BB owns the show and they can make whatever rules they want. This is a tricked-up competition anyway, so why not this? They did it once before. I'll bet if Will had been eliminated earlier, he would have jumped at the chance to play his way back on.

Oren is a really classy guy, very sad to seem him leave.  I can't understand why the competitors are so pissed about Petey.  This kind of stuff happens on reality shows ALL the time, you should have expected it.  Furthermore, as a team they missed the circle 4 times from less than 140yds.  They didn't put up much of a fight!

Will remains perplexing, kudos for not letting his emotions get the better of him.

Carl continues to show incredible mental toughness despite "amateurish" technique and I don't mean this is a backhanded compliment.  He is an incredible athlete and defies all odd against him.  I would never bet against this man.

Kent seems to have relaxed now that Justin is gone.  Perhaps Justin brought out a bad side in his personality, which is certainly understandable.

David has a nice wedge game, he might be flying under the radar a bit.

Bottom line, if combining mental toughness and ability, I think the best players remain.  Even Shanker is starting to get a bit more focused.

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

Too bad to see Oren go. He was my favorite.

Great to see Piri back, too. As for the rules, BB owns the show and they can make whatever rules they want. This is a tricked-up competition anyway, so why not this? They did it once before. I'll bet if Will had been eliminated earlier, he would have jumped at the chance to play his way back on.

I think making up the whatever rules they want is not the issue - I think the issue they had with Piri coming back was that BB was changing the rules midway through the show.  So everything was laid out and everyone understood the parameters of the show and how you can "eliminated" but halfway through you find out that person wasn't really truly "eliminated" as now he has a path back onto the show.  These guys play in tournaments and you know golf is a sport of strict rule adherence so I could see why it would really bother them.  They have to realize though that this show is more reality show that golf competition so you have to expect gimmicks.

Oren made a really good point about Piri though - he said that by him being eliminated and coming back he didn't have to compete on the days he wasnt on the show.  Who knows what would have happened if he had to do those 4 days of competition.  But now he gets to be back on the show and in good standing (though with less money) than the rest of the guys.

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

Watching Robert Floyd was tough for anyone that play's the game and really understands it. He has the yips/zero confidence will all the clubs. Put those together along with the pressure and being on TV...wow. Tough to watch but I give him credit for the way he handled it.

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!