IGNORED

The Big Break "Indian Wells"

walk18
Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so where can I watch this online. I'd like to pick up on watching this season but it seems the golf channel has gone out of their way to make sure none of the usual websites like BlinkX have this show on there.

Seems like a bad way to have a reality show. I'd like to get into it but have to watch the first episode to do so, but all the online episodes are removed by request from Golf Channel. Can anyone PM me a link to watch episodes?

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• Administrator

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Ok so where can I watch this online. I'd like to pick up on watching this season but it seems the golf channel has gone out of their way to make sure none of the usual websites like BlinkX have this show on there.

Seems like a bad way to have a reality show. I'd like to get into it but have to watch the first episode to do so, but all the online episodes are removed by request from Golf Channel. Can anyone PM me a link to watch episodes?

I'm not sure I understand. You think "it seems like a bad way to have a reality show" when a TV network you don't subscribe to asks sites that are offering pirated video or otherwise offering video in a shady fashion not include their show?

Might I suggest you pay to subscribe to the Golf Channel if you want to watch the show?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I have to agree with this.  No one won the elimination round last evening, Floyd lost it.  But I understand we all have bad days, but neither of the two survivors distinguished themselves with their play.

I agree with this. Congrats to Oren & Norm for making it to the next show but nobody stepped up and actually won the thing.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm not sure I understand. You think "it seems like a bad way to have a reality show" when a TV network you don't subscribe to asks sites that are offering pirated video or otherwise offering video in a shady fashion not include their show?

Might I suggest you pay to subscribe to the Golf Channel if you want to watch the show?

Really? I do subscribe to Golf Channel via my Cable package I just missed the first few episodes. No idea if/when they will show them again.

Most basic cable channels could  care less about online viewing of their shows and most figure that posting the episodes online with advertising on their own official sites will increase viewership and revenue. See comedy central, ABC, Discovery etc.. When you have a show that you need to see episode 1 to really get episode 5 you should make those episodes available online. Its good business to grow viewership.

I was just annoyed that they didnt have them on their official site and still pursued removing them from episode sharing sites. I guess they dont want anyone who didnt know about it before episode 1 to watch it? They've even removed all the older seasons as well. Sorry if you misunderstood me I dont want to pirate anything especially something Im technically allready paying for. Id just like to watch the show from the begining sheesh.

• Upvote 1
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• Administrator

Really? I do subscribe to Golf Channel via my Cable package I just missed the first few episodes. No idea if/when they will show them again.

It's Golf Channel. Don't they show Big Break re-runs about 200 times a week? And in my defense it was not apparent at all that you subscribe to Golf Channel. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

It's Golf Channel. Don't they show Big Break re-runs about 200 times a week? And in my defense it was not apparent at all that you subscribe to Golf Channel. :-)

True, coulda been clearer. I guess ill just delete a bunch of UFC Fights and NHL games from my DVR and set it to record big break until I get episode #1 heh.

Eik's correct-it's The Golf Channel, they'll show if 200 times today alone

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Let me ask you this.... After you saw Floyd do what he did... What kind of play would you do? Just try to make no worse than 3 for some of those places or be a hero? All of you will never hear what was said between players! Any of those guys would run the mill on you... I will give you the option like I gave the other guy... If you want a challenge, I am game... Make the bet to cover the travel cost and I am in!

I have to agree with this.  No one won the elimination round last evening, Floyd lost it.  But I understand we all have bad days, but neither of the two survivors distinguished themselves with their play.

Relax mate, it's his opinion on the situation on what he saw ( and even stated that we all have bad days ) and he is entitled to his opinion, no need to attack him and start 'challenging' him.

You're the one that wants the challenge here, so maybe you can front the travel costs.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by normdamarine

Like I have stated... I am not challenging... I would like the games... If anyone wants one let me know, you know the stakes!

Watching the second episode, I had a strong feeling you werent going to be eliminated, even tho it was close before Floyd blew it, simply because you promoted the show on the forum. Heck if I got knocked out the second show Im not sure I would be telling people to watch it ,lol

I think it's completely reasonable and smart to play conservative after what Floyd did.  I don't think anybody looks down upon that.  Rather, that kind of illustrates the point that Floyd lost the challenge.  Once he had that meltdown, strategies changed.

On another note, I found myself kind of rooting for Oren.  He seems to have a pretty steady and practical demeanor on the course which may serve him well as things advance.  Now, I just looked up the website to make sure I had his name correct and I noticed he is another military guy (albeit not for the U.S., of course).

Another guy I find myself rooting for is Shanks.  I get the feeling he may have an explosive personality, though.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

If you have Comcast/Xfinity, why cant you go into the On-Demand section, go into Sports & Fitness> Golf Channell............. you can see player bio's along with the first and second episodes. FREE!!!!

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm sure you're right that anyone selected for the show is a better golfer than me.  However I have to say that many golfers could have beaten Floyd in that challenge. Even I can usually get out of a bunker in less than 3 strokes.  But I was commenting on what I saw and not on anyone's abilities.  So if you "played conservative" after Floyd's disaster it is OK with me, but I'll stick by the comment that Floyd lost and no one played very well in the elimination challenge.   I will pass on the challenge and I again thank you for your service to our Country and wish you well.

Originally Posted by normdamarine

Let me ask you this.... After you saw Floyd do what he did... What kind of play would you do? Just try to make no worse than 3 for some of those places or be a hero? All of you will never hear what was said between players! Any of those guys would run the mill on you... I will give you the option like I gave the other guy... If you want a challenge, I am game... Make the bet to cover the travel cost and I am in!

Butch

Originally Posted by bplewis24

On another note, I found myself kind of rooting for Oren.  He seems to have a pretty steady and practical demeanor on the course which may serve him well as things advance.  Now, I just looked up the website to make sure I had his name correct and I noticed he is another military guy (albeit not for the U.S., of course).

Oren is a grinder and a hustler. He's likely the least-talented player on the show, but his game is all about finding ways to exploit an advantage against his opponent. He'll probably face elimination in every show, but he'll manage to escape the inevitable for much longer than anyone will give him credit for. In that regard, he seems very much like Kevin from the Mesquite season.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thanks brother... Many of you will never know what was said on the course... Cheers mate!!!!

I'm sure you're right that anyone selected for the show is a better golfer than me.  However I have to say that many golfers could have beaten Floyd in that challenge. Even I can usually get out of a bunker in less than 3 strokes.  But I was commenting on what I saw and not on anyone's abilities.  So if you "played conservative" after Floyd's disaster it is OK with me, but I'll stick by the comment that Floyd lost and no one played very well in the elimination challenge.   I will pass on the challenge and I again thank you for your service to our Country and wish you well.

Hey all, I hope you'll have a great year and have a wonderful viewing of BBIW! Regardless of what I think you are entitled to your opinion, it is what I fight for... Cheers...

I like to keep my opinions of people playing on TV for a lot of money and a huge opportunity to myself. I will say this I'm actually surprised of all the criticism about Russ for a couple reasons...

1. I believe there was a thread about him getting an interview to be on the big break and look at all the advice he got from the people on this board.

2. I'm not sure what else you would expect everyone on the show has a big personality and a lot of game. (I'm sure editing makes the personalities bigger than what they are in some cases)

and the comments about the last elimination are funny because I don't think any of them played well but Russ and Oren did what they had to do to win. It was no different than grinding out a bad round and chipping in on 18 to keep your score under 80, 90, 100 etc.

Good Luck Russ

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!