IGNORED

Picks for US Open at Congressional?

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dustin Johnson is who I'd like to see win. Bubba is my second pick.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

Originally Posted by SiamGolfer

With the greens running at 14.5ft on the Stimpmeter, Stricker (and Donald) should benefit.

I have money on Lee Westwood (long and generally straight from the tee), Luke Donald, Hunter Mahan, KJ Choi and

Dustin Johnson (my pick for the outright win).

I did, however, place some outside money on Sergio Garcia and Adam Scott (70/1) due the to the the caddy change (!)

I put some $$ on Scott to win too, although I only got 50/1, gah!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

I saw him at 50/1, but when I went to my local bookies to place the bet, it came back 70/1

Originally Posted by k14

I put some $$ on Scott to win too, although I only got 50/1, gah!

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

Gut feeling is winner will be from the US of A. I called a non US winner for the Masters this year so I'm 1 for 1 yeah me :-) Go Old Glory!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

World Number 1 Luke Donald has just birdied his first 3 holes and is winning. He is at -72 pace if he keeps this up

Edit: Never mind. Got some wrong information about his 3rd hole

Why not? Bubba's proven now that he can close the deal and win on the PGA Tour. I think he's definitely a major threat to win this week, or any week now on Tour. With how long he hits it and how good of a putter he is, there's no reason why he can't win a major...

Sure he could, I just didn't think he [i]would[/i]. There's a lot of hungry players, so consistency is key if you're going to lead all of them on a hard course for four day. As evidence, the leaderboard is mostly topped right now with consistent players and Phil and Bubba are teeing off in the wee hours on Sunday. But yes, Bubba has as good chance at a major in the next couple years.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!