IGNORED

LPGA tour player you'd most like to play a round with .

roobatooba
Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

christina kim for the riot...would be a totally fun round of golf with her.

natalie for the hotness...i'd lose focus cuz i'd be paying all my attention on her.

Annika ... Just to say I played with a legend... And of course playing with eye candy would be fun too :D

No offense Annika

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

I have played a pro-am round with Annika and she was great.  We had a blast.  I would choose Anna Rawson.

Driver: Cobra ZL 3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher War Club: Burner Titanium Raylor 21degree Hybrid: Bobby Jones 24 4-PW: Ping i3's Wedges:Mizuno MP T-10 White Satin 52, 56, 60 Putter: 15 year old Odyssey Rossi Blade. Ball: Bridgestone e5 Swing Oil: Grey Goose, always in the bag.

Anna Nordqvist just played my home course about a week and a half ago. Following the event at Hamilton Farms in NJ. She came up here on that Monday I believe and played a round. She shot 66 from the tips and I got to meet her. She seemed like she would be cool to play a round with.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Originally Posted by SouthernILGolfer

She may not be the hottest LPGA player but I bet Britney Lincicome would be a blast to hang out with and would probably outdrive me by 40 yards on every hole as well.

When we played in a pro-am with her, she seemed very reserved.  She wasn't snooty or stand-offish or anything like that.  Rather, she just kept to herself.  Later that evening as we congregated for dinner (she didn't stick around for the actual dinner), we sat at the same table and she seemed to open up a little bit more, but still reserved overall.  You're right about her drives though.  She played the same tees we did, blew her drives some 30+ yards past us and shot a 66.

It's been a while (2 years ago?), but IMO, I think she looks better in real life than she does on camera.  Same with Suzann Petterson.  Surprisingly, the opposite seemed true of Creamer and Gulbis.  Don't get me wrong, they're attractive without a doubt, but for me at least, there was somewhat of a let down when I saw them in person.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by Tomboys

When we played in a pro-am with her, she seemed very reserved.  She wasn't snooty or stand-offish or anything like that.  Rather, she just kept to herself.  Later that evening as we congregated for dinner (she didn't stick around for the actual dinner), we sat at the same table and she seemed to open up a little bit more, but still reserved overall.  You're right about her drives though.  She played the same tees we did, blew her drives some 30+ yards past us and shot a 66.

It's been a while (2 years ago?), but IMO, I think she looks better in real life than she does on camera.  Same with Suzann Petterson.  Surprisingly, the opposite seemed true of Creamer and Gulbis.  Don't get me wrong, they're attractive without a doubt, but for me at least, there was somewhat of a let down when I saw them in person.

Maybe she was just tired or wasnt feeling well.  Maybe just simply focussed on working on certain things in her game to prepare for the actual tournament. Im sure at times professional golfers with all the travel and time demands get drained and just arent as friendly as they normally are, just dont have the energy.   Thats pretty cool that not only you got to meet her but actually play a pro-am with her.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Kristie Kerr or Paula Creamer - Two great pros and also beautiful. So while my game would be in the crapper, just watching either of those two beautiful women play would be priceless! ;-)

Driver: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 1 Wood Fairway Wood: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 4 Wood Irons: Ben Hogan 1961 Power Thrust Wedges: Wilson JP II SW Putter: Spalding T.P. Mills #6

I've never seen Creamer in person, but I've seen enough high res photos of her. Way more than enough, if you know what I mean.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by wmiller

I've played with several LPGA pros, and years ago, used to play with a young college girl named Brandie Burton, before she turned pro. (her coach is the only pro I've ever taken lessons from)

The last time, I was an honest 1 hcp, and got my head handed to me in a basket by three tour pros. I could out drive them, but so what. Inside 180 yds they were deadly.

And forget trying to make up any strokes on the greens...

I shot one of my best rounds in probably 2 months, 3 under, and it wasn't even close. One of the best rounds I've ever had the privilege to play.

Today, it would be the Pink Panther. Love both her mental and physical game.

As long as my wife wouldn't find out...

Just curious, which tee did you play from?  The average LPGA course is about 6400.  Wondering if they would do just as well from 6800.

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

Natalie. Yes, there's the Hot Factor, but she is one of the nicest and most genuine persons you've ever met. I like to spend time with people like that.

Exactly, that's what casual fans of the LPGA don't understand. Guys like to look at someone like Gulbis with the glam that surrounds her and say " I'm not fooled by the makeup and stuff, I like the girl next door" . Well, anyone of us who have actually met Natalie knows that she is the girl next door! I have met all the big names on the LPGA over the years, and I can tell you that no one has a sweeter disposition than Ms. Gulbis. Like one of the commentators on TGC's top 10 hottest golfers segment said "not only is Gulbis hot, she's one cool chick."

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

We'll find out how they do from 7,047, because that is the length of the Broadmoor East Course hosting the U.S. Women's Open this year.

I'm guessing they are playing it that long due to the altitude. The Broadmoor is about 6500 ft above sea level. the ball travels about 10% further up there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MSchott

I'm guessing they are playing it that long due to the altitude. The Broadmoor is about 6500 ft above sea level. the ball travels about 10% further up there.

which brings the course down to about 6400...

anna rawson...no contest.

i'd say Michelle Wie second, although I might have to hit a lot of drivers just to make sure she never out drives me.

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

Originally Posted by MSchott

I played golf one summer in Denver when I was 16 years old and as big around as a garden hose. Can you imagine how much fun it was to be hitting the green on a 200-yard par 3 with a 3-iron when I might have needed a 3-wood at home?

Originally Posted by B of H

anna rawson...no contest.

i'd say Michelle Wie second, although I might have to hit a lot of drivers just to make sure she never out drives me.

Michelle Wie could probably outdrive a lot of guys on the PGA tour, Ive seen her hit 300+ yard drives in tournaments.  I saw a youtube video of her reaching a 596 yard par 5 in 2.  Not sure about the condtions there but even with help from downhill or wind, still pretty impressive.  In a casual round, I'm sure she could probabably go even longer so better bring your A game to not be outdriven by her.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Michelle is the exception.  That's why she was insistent on competing with the men.  Her never making a PGA cut tells me most of the LPGA would struggle from the back tees.

Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!